| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: the ANXIETY thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:49 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Yeah, that's awesome MBM. I really need to start going to the wellness center that has water aerobics and just the thought sends me into a meltdown. I never did go at all last summer when I had all the time in the world.

Huge kudos.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:12 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I never bothered trying before because you usually have to pay to go to the gym, but since it's free and Brian has been going anyway to keep up his running endurance over the winter, it works out well. And since i'm just going from home to picking up Brian to gym and back home, I never have to change there! Yay!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:39 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Yes, I have been using the *whine* it's too expensive, I can't afford it *whine* excuse with great success.

It is expensive, however, if I had well-ordered priorities it would be perfectly doable. The center doesn't have contracts, but they have a $250 join fee. My aunt offered to pay the join fee over the summer, so then I had to whine about schedules.

I'm really going to do it this summer! Somebody remind me in June and kick my asparagus. They have a thing now where if you get a doctor prescription because the services would be helpful for a medical condition (hello!), the monthly fee is only $30/month instead of $60. This includes all classes, including water therapy for arthritis.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:12 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oh wow! That is a great offer! Will make a mental note to start nagging you in June!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:21 pm 
Tofu Pup

I am newer to ppk but it is so nice to see everyone helping each other and offering advice in a thread like this! I suddenly started to suffer from major anxiety my senior year in college. I am a very positive, generally 'happy' person so when this was suddenly occurring, I didn't understand what was happening. I have always dealt with stress in my life (just as everyone does) but I found ways to push through the stress and fix what was needed or see the good in things that were happening. For some reason, I couldn't shake the sudden anxiety attacks that lead me into breaking out in crazy sweats, not being able to breath, becoming dizzy, felt as if I had tunnel vision, and so much more. These little spells would come for only a few seconds (about 30-60) but felt like they lasted for the longest time and I felt as if everyone around me could tell something bad was happening to me...only to realize once my attack one over and my breathing became regular, no one had a clue.

I talked to my parents about it and they were concerned since I never complain about depression or anything that would make them think it's just me being 'me' but it was actually me being completely the opposite of how I have always been. I kept a journal, recording the time of day attacks would occur, how many times I would get attacks, how I felt, any symptoms that there may have been beforehand, what I ate, if I exercised (I exercised regularly in college as well as played sports), and what was going on that day/week in school. Looking back, I realized I was seeing at least 5 attacks a day..and most were major but if I had more there would be a mix of major attacks to slight ones. I didn't do anything doctor wise until I fainted from an anxiety attack in target one day. I went to a walk in clinic because I was visiting my bf at the time so I was states away from my own dr. He was of no help and said it's just anxiety you'll be fine..but it scared me to death.

I am very fortunate to say (knock on wood) I haven't experienced one in a very long time..I think about 6 months! Looking back, I was introduced to many things that I never had been before that I think was adding a type of stress that was different from my normal stress. I was in my final year of college, having no clue what I wanted to do (I'm graduated and still have no clue, but I've learned to accept this). In my final semester I was failing an elective (spanish) and I had never failed a class every in my life before, nor did I ever get anything lower than a B. I was in a difficult 3 year long distance relationship (we met in college but were from opposite sides of the country) that I knew was slowly but surely not working for me and I knew deep down inside that this was not the relationship I wanted to be in, but felt that there was no true reason, so I let myself believe that it was all ok.

I ended my relationship in the end of spring 2013 and moved on with my life surrounding myself with my family and friends, and again I have been anxiety free. No medication was needed but a lot of experimenting with my mind and feelings allowed me to be free. And I thank God everyday for feeling 'free' of feelings that I can't control.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:55 am 
Tofu Pup

I am new to PPK, just yesterday in fact, and was directed over to here because I mentioned the way that I feel. I am a highly strung person with Dyspraxia, IBS and self diagnosed Aspergers, I take Lyrica once a day for the anxiety and sometimes take a Beta Blocker when I need to go out and maybe take a test at University or just because I feel very on edge.

I wake up fine but within 10 minutes I am a little shaky and a little dizzy, the solar plexus is like a fist in my stomach and my muscles twitch too, I did have a gum shield at night for grinding but I don't like the way it feels in my mouth, like I going to stop breathing!

As a student in Clinical Complementary Therapies, I have read about how stress/anxiety can cause an array of health problems including mental difficulties. It's such a fast paced world now, what with technology being there for us to fiddle with and distract us to how we really feel, but it's hard to not be sucked into it all.

One thing that I have found amazing though, is the sympathy from others, like this forum, the power of YouTube for yoga videos for complete beginners and healthy food from PPK :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:23 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Just popping in to whine. I've been trying to fight off a panic attack for about 24 hours. It keeps creeping back up. I really really REALLY don't want to take xanax. I've been doing really well with keeping my treatment holistic, but I can't seem to keep this at bay. I think the stress about going back to school brought this up. . . I haven't felt like this in months. ARgh.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:41 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I hope you're feeling better by now, oddspongeout.

I reverted back into full-blown panic disorder mode when I started my new job a few weeks ago. You know, the usual - constant, rolling panic attacks, fearing the fear, more panic attacks, feeling completely disoriented and terrified and out of it constantly, nocturnal panic attacks, feeling like I'm going to die. Rinse and repeat. Constantly. No let up.

I'm happy to report I've had a nice few days and am feeling like my normal self. It just gets so hard to acknowledge that this problem will likely be with me my whole life. A big part of my therapy is getting to a place of understanding that this doesn't make me a defective human being, but early environmental issues and genetics and all that come together to create a situation where I'm someone with a "severe anxiety disorder" (my psychologist's words, not mine). Hell, I'm an anxious person at the best of times, but situations that are stressful for the average person sends me into a complete relapse of panic and the painful depression that goes along with it. My work needs to be continuing to acknowledge that it's not my fault and that doesn't make me a bad person.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:07 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Paprika, I am glad things are settling for you. I need to get better at accepting that some things are for life too. I just refilled my lexapro and the doctor gave me klonopin.

I wasn't sure where to ask this, but am wondering if anybody has experience with it? It freaks me out a little to sign all the controlled substance forms plus a contract that promises I will never try to get it from another doctor without prior notice to her.

I don't usually get full blown panic attacks, debilitating ones rather than annoying ones, unless I'm also seriously depressed. I tried Ativan once but it made my heart race.

The last time I was severely depressed enough and had panic attacks, I couldn't speak for months. All I could do was an awful stutter and not finish words. I started stuttering again yesterday, which really scared and pushed me into seeing my dr today. I'm so grateful she squeezed me in at closing time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:19 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Does anyone else start feeling really anxious when they start reading about other people's anxiety? I always forget until I click on this thread.

But lavawitch, I'm glad you managed to get in, and that you recognized that you needed to.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:32 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Strawberry, that made me laugh a little and boy did I need that.

That is the sick thing about anxiety--being anxious about being anxious so you end up anxious.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:33 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Lots of snuggles to you LW. Glad you got to see your doctor.

My anxiety is increasing a bit at the moment. I finally got to stop one of my meds last weekend so I am adjusting to not being on it. Nothing too bad that I can't manage though. Determined to go without this specific one because of the side effects. The way it used knock me out cold and make it so hard to wake up was making me anxious.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:18 pm 

lavawitch wrote:
That is the sick thing about anxiety--being anxious about being anxious so you end up anxious.

This is so much the story of my life that I should get it tattooed on my forehead.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:11 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

Right now I'm waiting for my coworkers to leave (about half an hour left) so I can tell my boss that I'm quitting without everyone hearing at the same time. I'm freaking out. I just want them to go so it can be over already. and I have so much anxiety about what to say and what he'll say and how the hell do I tell everyone else I work with next week.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:34 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

You guys can probably hear my heart beat, right? It's out of control right now. Just waiting for my boss to get off the phone.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:21 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

I did it! and my boss was super supportive and great about it!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:28 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Having severely upped anxiety levels today. Worried about something S. does, anxious about work, generally stressed out for no reason. The only reason I can figure is because it's snowy here and I feel trapped inside. Ugh. Might use my sunlamp despite it being the middle of the day.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:31 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Dr said I can only take the klonopin "as needed" which means pretty much every day right now, but she said I can't, so now I'm a jittery, near weepy mess at work today. Kids haven't come in yet so I still have 6 minutes of lunch to get it together,

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:37 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

You know it's funny. Except not. Us anxious people never really get a reprieve, because we are always anxious about the anxiety coming back. Like if I get to a point where I'm thinking, 'meh, I feel not anxious today,' I am immediately taken over by (ha!) anxiety about knowing that it won't last. It's so familiar that if things feel okay I immediately look for things to be worried about and always, I find them. Shut up, brain!

ETA: lavawitch, can you maybe go home? You're going through so much right now!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:02 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I've used up all my days. I'm already worried about how to deal with hematology without taking time off. I'm on a temp contract so if I can't afford to peas them off.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:04 pm 
And you never will.

Mr. poopie and poopieboy are leaving two weeks from today to go to England without me for 11 days. I can not even find the words to articulate all the ways I'm feeling anxious about this. So far I've just been trying not to think about it, but that's caused me to have a non-stop undercurrent of dread allatimes. Just typing about this is making me feel like I'm going to be sick.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm 

vijita wrote:
You know it's funny. Except not. Us anxious people never really get a reprieve, because we are always anxious about the anxiety coming back. Like if I get to a point where I'm thinking, 'meh, I feel not anxious today,' I am immediately taken over by (ha!) anxiety about knowing that it won't last. It's so familiar that if things feel okay I immediately look for things to be worried about and always, I find them. Shut up, brain!

ETA: lavawitch, can you maybe go home? You're going through so much right now!

I relate to this so, so, so, so (infinity) much.
lavawitch, I hope you're finding some downtime right now to just do self-caring things. You need and deserve that so much.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:20 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My anxiety shot through the roof today. I texted my doctor and he gave me the go ahead to do one week on klonopin, then one off and then if needed another one on.

I'm starting a skills book for bipolar disorder which I hope will help with anxiety because I really don't want to become dependent on another drug.

Lastly, this whole Phillip Seymour Hoffman death has set me off on thoughts about using that I haven't had in a long long time and this is contributing greatly to my anxiety. Every night this week I've dreamed about getting high.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:02 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Blondiefk, i hope you find a way back an even keel. Lavawitch, pb and paprika too!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:20 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oh pants. I'm 2 weeks off one of my anti-depressants so I'm a bit wobbly as it is, then in counselling we started working on some super intense stuff which has had me really unnerved so I've been a bit panicky. Then on the 7 month anniversary of my aunt dying I had a bit of a shitty situation at work because someone decided to be a dick. So now I keep having a bit of a flap and a panic not full blown panic attack stuff but that feeling you get just before the big drop on a rollercoaster. I just want to stay in bed and sleep for a few days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next