| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: puking
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:10 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

My eyes tear when I vomit too, and I always know its going to happen because my mouth starts to water

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:12 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Ginger wrote:
My eyes tear when I vomit too, and I always know its going to happen because my mouth starts to water

i hate puking, and as soon as my mouth starts to water, i know i'm going to. ugh, so horrible.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:14 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Puking sucks, but luckily I haven't puked in two whole years.

I have the silent tears and watery mouth when I puke, too... I don't do a lot of retching and gagging. My kind of puking is nearly silent, probably because my abs are super locked and painful to begin with, and then the intestines give one contraction and BAM! Vomit. Also, I think I puke quietly because no air can escape while I'm puking... The vomit even comes out of my nose - even when I've tried keeping my head sorta up, but angled right at the toilet.

Afterward, my ears feel super clogged -- I get freaked out that there may be vomit in my ears. Also, my nasal passages and throat are super burny from all the stomach acid, and my nose usually has little food bits stuck up there - REALLY disgusting.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:38 pm 
Chard Martyr

Adah wrote:
When I was 15, I puked grape soda through my nose. I still can't drink grape soda.

My friend just had her tonsils removed and she was telling me how her throat hurt so bad that she learned how to puke through her nose during the whole ordeal. I guess the pills made her sick, so she was puking often enough to have to learn how to do it through her nose.

I cannot imagine.

The only time I've puked through my nose is accidentally, and just a little bit while I was regular puking. It's awful.
I don't mind puking as long as I feel better afterward. I do hate the shakes and heaves that usually come with being sick, though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:03 pm 
Mediocre Tart

I've been puking mostly every morning since... I'm not even sure how long. So so gross. And so painful. What's worse is that my damnable cat tries to jump in and eat it up. Urrrrghghghghggh.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:08 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

eww yeah my dog gets all curious and sniffing around the toilet and if I miss the bowl he licks it ick.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:43 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

Meggs wrote:
My friend just had her tonsils removed and she was telling me how her throat hurt so bad that she learned how to puke through her nose during the whole ordeal. I guess the pills made her sick, so she was puking often enough to have to learn how to do it through her nose.

I cannot imagine.

The only time I've puked through my nose is accidentally, and just a little bit while I was regular puking. It's awful.
I don't mind puking as long as I feel better afterward. I do hate the shakes and heaves that usually come with being sick, though.

My whole family got rotavirus a few Christmases before I became vegan, it seemed like I would get through the whole ordeal without catching... until I suddenly puked and Christmas ham came out my nose.

AND I NEVER ATE HAM AGAIN. THE END.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:40 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I only puke when I drink too much. Its the worst!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:51 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

interrobang?! wrote:
I've been puking mostly every morning since... I'm not even sure how long. So so gross. And so painful. What's worse is that my damnable cat tries to jump in and eat it up. Urrrrghghghghggh.

Did you ever see a doctor about that?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:16 pm 
Chard Martyr

thisheregiraffe wrote:
My whole family got rotavirus a few Christmases before I became vegan, it seemed like I would get through the whole ordeal without catching... until I suddenly puked and Christmas ham came out my nose.

AND I NEVER ATE HAM AGAIN. THE END.

Well that's one way to do it!
Ugh, that is awful.
interrobang?! wrote:
I've been puking mostly every morning since... I'm not even sure how long. So so gross. And so painful.

That sounds horrible!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:37 pm 
We So Excited

Wait, you can puke and have it not go through your nose? I am more mystified by that than by the wipe-standers. What kind of bodily control do you have? When I am puking, none. Through my nose, tears, and then sore for days.

Also, interrobang?! Go to the doctor.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:44 pm 
Mediocre Tart

catburglar wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:

Did you ever see a doctor about that?

Yeah, I keep meaning to, but I forget. It's not totally random- it's just every time I stick a toothbrush in my mouth. A gag reflex thing? I dunno. Just as well I don't put penises in there, I guess!

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:12 pm 
We So Excited

Phew, yeah.

Wait, no. Penises are not the only things one might wish to put in ones mouth without gagging. See the damn doctor.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:17 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Yeah, puking on the daily is pretty horrible for your teeth and esophagus and everything else along the way. Even if it IS just gag-reflex related you're going to want to find a way to stop it before it does serious damage. If your doctor doesn't know, ask a dentist.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:20 pm 
Mediocre Tart

I phoned a nurse just now (damn ppk peer pressure!) She said nowt to worry about right now, but see a doc in the next few weeks. Will do (not that I hold out much hope- I've seen him before and, when asking about anti-depressants he took a blood test and declared me 'fine', and after seeing him about persistant migraines he told me to 'have a look on the internet about stuff')

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:16 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Get a new damn doctor!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:42 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

interrobang?! wrote:
I phoned a nurse just now (damn ppk peer pressure!) She said nowt to worry about right now, but see a doc in the next few weeks. Will do (not that I hold out much hope- I've seen him before and, when asking about anti-depressants he took a blood test and declared me 'fine', and after seeing him about persistant migraines he told me to 'have a look on the internet about stuff')

Puke on him! That'll fix the mustard.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:36 pm 
Chip Strong

Friday wrote:
Wait, you can puke and have it not go through your nose? I am more mystified by that than by the wipe-standers. What kind of bodily control do you have? When I am puking, none. Through my nose, tears, and then sore for days.

Also, interrobang?! Go to the doctor.

I've never had puke go through my nose, I can't even imagine how that would happen. I think I'm sort of in the middle of the gentle pukers and those of you who seem to have the worst time with it.