| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: puking
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:32 am 
We So Excited

You know when you experience something gross you want to talk about it? But then you're afraid of grossing people out? And then you remember the ppk.

Yeah. I've had vertigo for about a week, but wasn't too worried. Continued to go about my business, went to six flags Friday night even, rode a roller coaster and ate junk food. Woke up this morning feeling sick, then felt better, took a shower, got the kid up, made some tea, and was sitting on the toilet when all of the contents of my stomach came up so fast all I could do was turn my head and puke into the sink (conveniently next to the toilet.) Then threw up violently for nearly 10 minutes, cleaned up, told the kid she had to take the subway to school.

I hate throwing up. Really, really, hate it. Don't think I've done it in like 4 years. Wah.

Post subject: Re: puking
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:16 am 
Can ride a bike, drink a Blue Sky, and eat some Stonewall's all the same time (bad ass)

Was it the tea? I had a cup of strong green tea one morning when we ran out of coffee and I drank it on an empty stomach. I had to run to the bathroom and vomit shortly after.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:18 am 
Can ride a bike, drink a Blue Sky, and eat some Stonewall's all the same time (bad ass)

Sorry I just realized my eyes skipped over the vertigo part.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:40 am 
We So Excited

I had only made the tea, hadn't even taken a sip. I think it's just a bug. Germy kids and their germs. I'm feeling a bit better already.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:21 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I hate puking too. And I know that most people hate puking, but I feel like I hate it more than the average bear. I get so pissed off every time.

I can even think in my head about my best pukes and worst pukes.
Worst puke - after eating fried rice, cause being menstrual cramps when I was 15.

Best puke - my 18th birthday and I ate nothing all day but grape juice and got a bug or something, best because I had to RUN to the bathroom and it was one of those just in the nick of time pukes so I felt pretty happy I got there and painted the inside of the toilet with purpleness instead of my carpet. My stepdad held my hair.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:36 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

Oh man, this thread reminded me how happy I am that it's been years since my last puke... =[

Sorry about your vertigo!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:53 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
I throw up all the time it seems..between ghardia and hangovers

I sort of like it because I know I will feel better afterwards, its the part leading up to throwing up that is what sucks

last week I got to barf into the hotel bathroom trash can while shooting water out of my asparagus on the toilet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:01 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Adam you make every thread better!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:30 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

oh adam you are giving me gaurdia memories- in peace corps we called it butt peas. and there is nothing quite like the double emptying.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:47 pm 
The creature from the Black Lagoon

I hate it, too. Even when I know it will make me feel better I will avoid it. Not only is it gross but the acid makes my throat really sore for hours afterwards.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:14 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

man, i love puking. i always feel a million times better so sometimes when i'm feeling really crappy and like i'm going to puke, i force myself to just to get it over with.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:26 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I don't mind it terribly. I mean, it's not pleasant, but it sufficiently makes you feel better, right? I am also a recovered bulimic, though, so I'm pretty sure that has a lot to do with my being desensitized to the sensation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:28 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

It doesn't make me feel like..significantly better. I have the gags for a good 3 hours afterwards. Nothing is worse than those dry gags when you've got nothing left. And my punishment for my hatred of puking is that I have to do it a lot. Not like..habitually, but a few times a year my body has had ENOUGH of my shenanigans.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:41 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

my last spontaneous hurl was into a trash can on a subway platform, after willing myself not to throw up in someone's lap all the way across the manhattan bridge. i started sweating from the nausea, does that happen to anyone else? i really wasn't sure that i was going to make it and had to push some people to get to the bin in time. i felt better until i realized that no one around me was paying any attention to what was going on, and i started to be afraid that i would faint on the platform and they would all just leave me there to die. maybe they thought i was drunk or something (which i wasn't; i'm pretty sure it was swine flu).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:57 pm 
We So Excited

For me, it doesn't make me feel better. The feeling of having puked is so awful, and stays with me for hours. Just thinking about it today makes me feel sick again. No stomach ache is bad enough to make that worth it. Shudder.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:54 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

My brother feels that way. He tells me he would rather die than puke. I think that's a bit extreme but it makes his point.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:57 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

When I was 15, I puked grape soda through my nose. I still can't drink grape soda.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:00 pm 
Saggy Butt

Puking and the nasty nauseated feeling leading up to it is awful. I try to avoid puking at all costs. I am an extremely violent and loud puker. Every muscle in my face and body contort and convulse. I always think I'm going to die while puking because I can't breath at all. I try to get some air inbetween gags but I just can't. My face turns red/purple from lack of air and my eyes become so bulged and watery that I have to keep them closed. Last time I puked I was pounding on the walls of the bathroom because I thought I was going to suffocate to death from the puking and gagging. Afterwards I don't feel better. I look like I've been hit by a semi truck and every single muscle in my body will ache for a few days afterwards.

I hate watching movies where people puke because I only wish it were as simple for me as it is in the movies. Just cough and puke real fast. Would be nice.

I have such a fear of getting sick and puking that I will not go near anyone who has a stomach bug.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:07 pm 
We So Excited

Adah wrote:
When I was 15, I puked grape soda through my nose. I still can't drink grape soda.

Oh my god, that's what I puked, and how. I hadn't had grape soda since I was a little kid, but having a teenager in the house leads to weird things in the fridge, and I downed a huge glass of it in the middle of the night. Now just seeing it in the fridge. Ugh.
It's the through the nose thing that kills me.

My ribs hurt today.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:08 pm 
We So Excited

On the plus side, my vertigo is gone. I guess I was getting sick with something that is out of me now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:10 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My ex-roommate was the most delicate puker ever. She would do a little cough, puke a little, and it was just like she spit up a little. I was always so envious.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:59 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

dont mind puking at all. makes me feel much better. its the feeling beforehand that is awful, where you are certain you will puke and want to get it over with. especially car rides, when the driver is like "Let me know when you want me to pull over!" uhh ok i'll do my best but gimme a bag just in case. my favourite was when i had my guy pull over and i dry heaved. tried to hold it but then two houses away from our place i puke into a paper bag. run inside and throw up more in the bathroom, go to throw paper bag away and it breaks open, vom everywhere. esshk. so mad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:16 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm an anti-puker. Also, an emetophobe (fear of vomit). I finally decided to suck it up and go to therapy to try and ditch the phobia, but so far, I'm just kind of pissed off at the therapist. Pair the phobia with severe chronic nausea and WOAH my life is like a PARTY ALL THE TIME!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:28 pm 
Dead by dawn

ScooterDiva wrote:
My ex-roommate was the most delicate puker ever. She would do a little cough, puke a little, and it was just like she spit up a little. I was always so envious.

My ex was the same way. He just opened his mouth and the contents of his stomach slid out. Meanwhile, I'm gagging and retching and coughing, and by the time I'm done my ab muscles are so tired I can barely hold myself up.

Hope you feel better michelle!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:58 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

ScooterDiva wrote:

I'm a silent puker, but it's never just a "little" bit and it's anything but delicate. Normally it starts out with me being sweaty and shaky, then puking two or three times. It's always accompanied by tons of silent tears too, so I look extra charming after.

eta- OH and my nose always runs, too. I can be so cute sometimes.