| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Migraine Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:22 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Does eating help y'all's migraines? It seems like eating is helping, but I can't imagine why it does that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:41 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Studies have shown that eating eases pain JoPa. Unfortunately it's one of the reasons why I keep putting weight on every time I have an extended rough patch. Gimmie FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

I think with migraine it may be the blood draw to the stomach after a big meal (that's just my guess). it could be the balancing of blood sugars too, and perhaps other things.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:48 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

sometimes it definitely seems to help! of course, most of my migraines these days are while i have my period, so tough to separate the migraine eating from the PMS eating. . .

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:44 am 

9 days with no migraine then 3 out of 4 with. let's see how day 5 goes!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:20 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Just found this playlist on YouTube called "Yoga for Migraine Headaches"

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE1C99F43279C4013

I just tried the acupressure ones sitting at my desk at work and it seemed to help a little bit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:00 am 

Back on the magnesium again and finding a big difference after two weeks, I walked the dog twice last week and photographed my brother's wedding for them. When I was off the magnesium I was struggling just to get showered and fed.

I bought a lower dose, it was a different brand but still citrate. I don't know if it's the brand or if it's because I've been splitting the dose between bedtime & morning (empty stomach) but, after two days, my stomach is not happy! The extra stomach acid is making me hungry but I'm afraid to eat because I don't want to deal with the consequences, bleugh!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:57 pm 

oh no fezza!

i'm still taking my 250 mg - it swears it's an easy to swallow but i choke on it every time, even when i split it in half! but i'm only getting menstrual migraines now! of course, they last like 3 days, but not so bad really.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:11 pm 

So you think the magnesium is definitely helping then?

Mine have improved enough for me to start weaning myself off the codeine, which I think I was getting dependant on. Feelin a bit rough today but I'm still better on the mag and off the codeine than I am on the codeine and off the mag!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:53 pm 

I definitely do.

Hang in there fez!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:49 am 

Yaaayy! I'm so happy it's helping you too! <3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:34 am 

Oh yeah, it's the different brand in mag that's irritating my gut. I tried 300mg of it last night and today I'm a bit bleuugh. The 500mg dose of the other brand actually soothes my stomach (which is constantly sick usually). I've ordered 100 mg caps of the good one because I want to try to get down to 200mg a night so I can use it longer term. I'll just mix them up with the bleuugh ones the odd night to get them used up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:07 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've only had three migraines in my life (and I get the whole aura thing about a half hour beforehand, so I know they weren't normal headaches). The first time it hurt so bad I was vomiting from pain. I don't know how you chronic migraine folks deal. Hope you all find something that works for you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:08 pm 

thanks hdog! the truly annoying thing is that migraines change over time, so your causes and solutions can totally change.

also, i should note that my previously not so sympathetic husband got his first and only migraine a few months ago and it seems to have helped his understanding.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:45 pm 

Thanks Hdog, it is a bit of a challenge!

appifanie wrote:

also, i should note that my previously not so sympathetic husband got his first and only migraine a few months ago and it seems to have helped his understanding.

Ha!

Part of me wishes my ex would get a dose of those orgasm migraines some men get, but I would enjoy hearing news like that way too much to be healthy... or dignified.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:20 pm 

:D

oh, and with the magnesium i can eat PB w/o a headache!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:42 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Yesterday I cried, which led to a headache (it always does), which is seguing now into a migraine, complete with vomiting from pain. I'm considering more caffeine (not that it helped this morning) since that's about the only damn thing I can do right now. Hey migraines, pregnancy was a bad time for you to come back into my life.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:02 pm 

appifanie wrote:
:D

oh, and with the magnesium i can eat PB w/o a headache!

Whohoo! Best news ever!

The chronic migraines were the deciding factor in my not having kids, there was no way I could survive 9 months without the medications I needed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:26 pm 

actually, i didn't get any while i was pregnant - maybe i should turn into a duggar?

C&S - i'm sorry :( they make these cooling head patch things - maybbe those? hot shower? feel better soon!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:47 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

My god, I barely made it home tonight. The woman who was teaching the GED class I observed must smoke 20 packs a day. The stench was unbelievable. I get migraines from second hand smoke, but getting one from clothes is a new one. My vision went blurry and everything. Luckily the windows open and cool night air helped it dissipate enough. Probably I shouldn't be pushing it now by being on the computer, but I'll go to sleep in a few minutes.

I'm sure glad I don't have to work with her again. (she was very nice and helpful, but...)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:40 am 

Ugh - that stinks (literally and figuratively). Glad you don't have to work with her again!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:39 am 

the weather's changing, i'm stressed, i'm sure there are other things, and i'm migraine-y for a few days in a row now. you know, that almost a migraine but not totally feeling? and the husband is all convinced it's his fault, which is annoying, because my brain is it's own separate entity with it's own issues.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:23 pm 

Ack, sorry appifanie! Maybe you should just take something to knock it on the head before it erupts?

I had to go off the mag last week thanks to a tummy upset, my migraines started romping back in. Thankfully they're settling again now that I've been back on it a few days. I have one of those 'mostly pain' migraines today, but that's thanks to a demanding ole cat wakening me every couple of hours last night.

I saw my gp last week and he said he can see the difference the mag is making to me, he commented on me looking much brighter as soon as I went in. I told him about the rush of blistering migraines when I stopped the mag after the last blood and how they've calmed again with me back on it. He said that's evidence enough for him and is keen for me to stay on the mag for a while. He had explained to me before that their protocol is to only use it as an acute treatment, but is happy to see me on it longer term. He has left instructions for the nurse to run a mag test every 6 weeks when I'm in getting my VitD test, just to make sure I don't get too much.

I've been off the codeine for nearly two weeks now, w00t!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:16 pm 

it's the damn weather - it starts in the 60s and goes to the 90s and even when it isn't too hot it's humid.

sleep disturbances, boo!

that's good you get to stay on the mag and not the codeine! codeine never helped me anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:43 pm 

i've been having them daily for about 6 days. late afternoonish. zomig and aleve have been working but i'm skipping today since i'm medicating a lot lately.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:59 am 

I've been having them this week too appifanie. I suspect that I'm not absorbing the magnesium properly, a new bottle (same brand) seems to be giving me tummy issues. I get my bloods done this week and have a gp appointment next week. I'm going to ask him for the magnesium injection.

Still off the codeine though, whoo!

I hope yours settles soon <3 xxx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next