| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Migraine Thread
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:09 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Too bad it's not socially acceptable to tell the guy at the desk next to mine to stop clicking his mouse because the sound it's making is making me feel as though someone was hammering away at my brain. And let's not get started on the smell of that sandwich. I guess I shouldn't whine too much because it's fairly predictable (hormones...) and the pain itself is easily managed with puny supermarket painkillers (because it's hormonal).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:23 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Chipmunk wrote:
Too bad it's not socially acceptable to tell the guy at the desk next to mine to stop clicking his mouse because the sound it's making is making me feel as though someone was hammering away at my brain. And let's not get started on the smell of that sandwich. I guess I shouldn't whine too much because it's fairly predictable (hormones...) and the pain itself is easily managed with puny supermarket painkillers (because it's hormonal).

People really ought to shut up sometimes. Repetitive noises suck.

I started a gluten free trial diet 5 days ago and I had a migraine the first day and since then one or two really brief (less than an hour) ones and they went away by themselves. I think I'm breaking up with gluten.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:45 pm 

just about to hit day 14 - 2 migraines - one on day one, one on a day i got dehydrated. i've had a few almost migraines in the last 3 days but i've also had a cold with tremendous facial pressure.

a-ma-zing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:28 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I had 2 migraines in 6 days, one last Saturday. The sky was overcast and glarey plus it was humid. I drank heaps of water and I did eat but by the afternoon I felt like I was going to pass out and/or be sick.

On Thursday I had a mild headache and could feel the pressure building up in my head all day, I was really forgetful and found it hard to concentrate. By the time I got home I had a full on migraine. It was also super hot and humid, so I think mine are weather related at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:06 pm 

Humidity sucks - I'm so beyond thrilled it's winter here. (Yet another reason to move home to Maine - a drastically shorter summer). I hope you feel better soon Kitteh! <3

I'm having lots of temple throbbing but I have facial pressure from my cold so as per the allergists' orders, I'm taking pseudoephedrine.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:29 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

appifanie wrote:
just about to hit day 14 - 2 migraines - one on day one, one on a day i got dehydrated. i've had a few almost migraines in the last 3 days but i've also had a cold with tremendous facial pressure.

a-ma-zing

That's fantastic! I really hope you've found your answer <3

My migraines have reduced a hell of a lot recently, I think stretching my jaw and remembering to relax my facial muscles when I notice that I'm clenching my muscles is helping. Could just be one of my lulls, hopefully not though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:32 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

appifanie wrote:
Humidity sucks - I'm so beyond thrilled it's winter here. (Yet another reason to move home to Maine - a drastically shorter summer). I hope you feel better soon Kitteh! <3

I'm having lots of temple throbbing but I have facial pressure from my cold so as per the allergists' orders, I'm taking pseudoephedrine.

Thanks, appi! I had a lot of facial pressure yesterday so I kept the blinds shut then a mild headache yesterday evening so I went to bed. I'm not looking forward to the rest of summer :/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:46 pm 

Kitteh wrote:
appifanie wrote:

Thanks, appi! I had a lot of facial pressure yesterday so I kept the blinds shut then a mild headache yesterday evening so I went to bed. I'm not looking forward to the rest of summer :/

I got it! When it's Summer here, I'll go visit you, and when it's Summer there, you can come here :D

Thanks fezza! And great job! Most of mine start in the neck area but I do get some jaw centered ones.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:04 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

appifanie wrote:
Kitteh wrote:
appifanie wrote:

I got it! When it's Summer here, I'll go visit you, and when it's Summer there, you can come here :D

You are brilliant and I am packing my bags!

Third day with a headache and facial pressure, my teeth are a bit achey too. I've been sneezing and blowing my nose a bit, allergies maybe?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:09 pm 
Nailed to the V

I was doing really well and hadn't had a migraine in a long time. I didn't even have to participate in this thread.

However, now I've got a constant one that started yesterday morning, coinciding with the onset of the worst cold symptoms. It's gone back and forth between annoying headache and full-blown migraine and I HATE IT. I can't even take anything for the pain because seemingly every drug interacts badly with Wellbutrin, which I was just started on Thursday. This damn thing is keeping me from thinking straight, so good thing I have an exam tomorrow! I'm screwed, and there's nothing I can do about it. Woo!

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:25 am 

Kitteh wrote:
You are brilliant and I am packing my bags!

Third day with a headache and facial pressure, my teeth are a bit achey too. I've been sneezing and blowing my nose a bit, allergies maybe?

Hurray! :D When that happens I like to take a sinus pain medicine and an allergy pill.

chatter710 wrote:
I was doing really well and hadn't had a migraine in a long time. I didn't even have to participate in this thread.

However, now I've got a constant one that started yesterday morning, coinciding with the onset of the worst cold symptoms. It's gone back and forth between annoying headache and full-blown migraine and I HATE IT. I can't even take anything for the pain because seemingly every drug interacts badly with Wellbutrin, which I was just started on Thursday. This damn thing is keeping me from thinking straight, so good thing I have an exam tomorrow! I'm screwed, and there's nothing I can do about it. Woo!

If cold symptoms what about pseudoephedrine? My allergist (who gets migraines and is therefore super helpful) said that if I'm having sinus-y feeling pain and nevermind - I just googled and it says not with Wellbutrin :/ Maybe you can call and ask the doc? Not helpful now - too late to help you with the exam (maybe your teacher is a sympathetic migraineur?) but for future reference.

And good luck with the Wellbutrin!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:20 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

fezza wrote:
My migraines have reduced a hell of a lot recently, I think stretching my jaw and remembering to relax my facial muscles when I notice that I'm clenching my muscles is helping. Could just be one of my lulls, hopefully not though.

Oooh, hopefully it'll last! The GP commented on the fact that she could tell that the muscles on the right side of my shoulder, neck and jaw look more pronounced. She would have prescribed physio, but I'm at the parental units' and live too far away, and I'm not too optimistic about getting a referral from an NHS doctor. I definitely have neck issues and can develop tension headaches, but I don't really buy the suggestion that it's causal. Hormone fluctuations don't make me that tense. I was mainly there for general bloodwork though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:00 pm 

Chipmunk wrote:
I definitely have neck issues and can develop tension headaches, but I don't really buy the suggestion that it's causal. Hormone fluctuations don't make me that tense. I was mainly there for general bloodwork though.

Me too! A bunch of mine start with neck tightness and pain and then go to tension then migraine.

I ate chickpea pakoras at lunch and THEN found out they had wheat flour too! I hope I'll be okay.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:37 pm 
Nailed to the V

appifanie wrote:
chatter710 wrote:

If cold symptoms what about pseudoephedrine? My allergist (who gets migraines and is therefore super helpful) said that if I'm having sinus-y feeling pain and nevermind - I just googled and it says not with Wellbutrin :/ Maybe you can call and ask the doc? Not helpful now - too late to help you with the exam (maybe your teacher is a sympathetic migraineur?) but for future reference.

And good luck with the Wellbutrin!

I'm just popping aspirin, since it doesn't seem to negatively react with the Wellbutrin. I'll have to ask my doctor what to do about my headaches because that might be a side effect. I'm such a baby that even on low low doses of medication (I've tried two others before this), I get all the major side effects!

My exam was fine, I guess. I was just dripping all over the testing table and getting queasy towards the end. D:

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:40 am 

chatter710 wrote:

I'm just popping aspirin, since it doesn't seem to negatively react with the Wellbutrin. I'll have to ask my doctor what to do about my headaches because that might be a side effect. I'm such a baby that even on low low doses of medication (I've tried two others before this), I get all the major side effects!

My exam was fine, I guess. I was just dripping all over the testing table and getting queasy towards the end. D:

Ugh - I'm sorry :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:42 pm 
Waited in a line late at night for some stuff

I don't know if it's contraindicated or not, but I took ibuprofen while on Wellbutrin and had no problems with interactions.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:19 pm 

menstrual migraine. menstrual related migraine. whatever. almost 24 hours and counting.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:55 pm 

A few days of migraine fog - UNCOOL.

http://bit.ly/dWRwe3?r=sd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:28 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I'm ready to chop off my head.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:35 pm 

i totally understand.

i went back to gluten (cookies and tofurky) the day before christmas, christmas and the day after (so 24-26 and maybe some on the 27) and i had a migraine today - uncool. i took some aspirin (first time i've had aspirin! i tok 4 low dose ones (81mgx4) and put a migraine patch on my head and voila!

feel better soon suzy!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:10 am 

Thanks I am better this morning.

I seem to be a gluten-free/sugar free failure as long as there are oreos in the world.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:27 am 

glad you're feeling better!

it really is sucky that oreos are vegan - think of the suffering they could save us?

i'm feeling migraine-y AGAIN. forking seriously! i'm going to have a hot shower with peppermint shampoo.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:34 am 

appifanie wrote:
glad you're feeling better!

it really is sucky that oreos are vegan - think of the suffering they could save us?

i'm feeling migraine-y AGAIN. forking seriously! i'm going to have a hot shower with peppermint shampoo.

Feel better!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:10 pm 

thanks! hot shower fail.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:13 am 

nuts are the devil.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next