| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: vegan antacids & pepto
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:41 pm 
Stepford Vegan

i have been having stomach problems. the latest: i ate something i must have been allergic to and spent saturday night throwing up all over the bedroom floor to the bathroom. not fun - extra gross since my barf was yellow curry from lunch. omg - the stains! any-hoo...looking for something that helps with sensitive stomachs. i read pepto pills are vegan - though i would try to buy generic for fear of animal testing. i assume the generic are the same? i tried ginger - it does not help much. tea the same. plus drinking tea as i barf - could not do it. i am looking for any relief.

Post subject: Re: vegan antacids & pepto
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:12 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I've been having similar problems! I've been trying generic pepto pills, which help keep things down at least. I'm sure they're also tested on animals, but when you're sick, you're sick!

I did get a fright though, because it turns your poop pitch black. I googled it and WebMD kindly informed me it means i have cancer! Or I have an ulcer! ......Or it's a side effect of pepto.

If you are feeling nauseated, I really prefer Dramamine to pepto. It's a lot stronger and works faster, only side effect I experience is it makes me drowsy.

The Themysciran - my geek blog

Post subject: Re: vegan antacids & pepto
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:56 pm 
Stepford Vegan

Shy Mox wrote:

I did get a fright though, because it turns your poop pitch black. I googled it and WebMD kindly informed me it means i have cancer! Or I have an ulcer! ......Or it's a side effect of pepto.

how fun! i spend enough time with doctor google to think i should have died a long time ago.

i just really need a back up plan for food allergies. i think i know the culprit now and will avoid it. also last month i had internal candida - i had diarrhea for a week strait - like every 30 minutes. i could not eat, i felt so weak - the barista who knows me asked if i was doing okay because i looked drained.

i need to get tested for Crohn's disease but right now i just do not want to deal with that. i know - bad me. i have been to a bunch of doctors since i was a child and no one knew what was wrong with me. i have little faith and crappy insurance.