| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Quitting/Wanting to Quit Smoking Support Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:12 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

good for you for still wanting to quit smoothie. Keep trying. i don't know anything about ecigs, but like Mrs Badmouth also had to change habits (for me driving was the worst, and that late night one. I had to change both in my daily routine- always have a passenger in the car, and not read before bed anymore.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:21 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

smoothie wrote:
Okay, I am totally sucking at this. Have any of you tried e-cigarettes? I am seriously considering getting one. I am thinking about getting one and just buying the 6 mg nicotine "juice" and then buying a few without nicotine and see if I can cut down my nicotine intake with the first bottle of "juice" and then just smoking the nicotine free "juice" until I've gone through the 3 weeks of nicotine withdrawals and then quit that.

I've always had more time and energy when I've quit smoking before, but I'm running on 10-12 hour days most days right now and that's how it will be until late june. So I can't imagine that I can just quit cold turkey..

My mother switched to an e-cig last summer, after being a smoker for almost 40 years (she couldn't even quit while pregnant). She has had tremendous success with it, she says it makes quitting so easy it feels like having a cheat code. The e-liquid she uses does have nicotine, but her consumption dropped very very quickly and at least it doesn't have any of the tar and other crepe of tobacco.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:42 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Thanks to e-cigs, I have not had a real cigarette since NOVEMBER. I feel 1000000000% better all the time.

And that one in November, was half of a co-workers one half drunken night. Hadn't had a real one in about a month at that point. I felt like utter crepe the next day. Coughing up gross stuff, my hair smelled. Ugh. Never again.

I highly recommend using them to help you quit. There are appox. a million different kinds out there. My SO and I like the Fin brand. They always have coupons online, and they sell them at wall-mart and wall greens. We like them because they are small (not like some vapes) and are not crazy flavors. Menthol is the craziest you get. They literally can fit in your pocket, and if you lose one, they are not expensive. http://www.fincigs.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6