| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can we talk about metabolism?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:26 pm 
Saggy Butt

I've been having problems recently in the gaining 9 pounds in a month variety, and I havent been snacking or eating huge meals or anything. However, I've been staying with my boyfriend more and its been pushing meal times to odd times. Is it true this can alter my metabolism and make it cling on to more fat? If I go back to regular meal times will I lose weight or just not gain anymore? I basically don't understand metabolisms!

Post subject: Re: Can we talk about metabolism?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:38 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Alien wrote:
I've been having problems recently in the gaining 9 pounds in a month variety, and I havent been snacking or eating huge meals or anything. However, I've been staying with my boyfriend more and its been pushing meal times to odd times. Is it true this can alter my metabolism and make it cling on to more fat? If I go back to regular meal times will I lose weight or just not gain anymore? I basically don't understand metabolisms!

honestly...you've probably been eating more than you think and maybe you're less active than you were in the past. It's easy to be less active when you get comfortable in a relationship and are just hanging out at home. i don't think your metabolism has much to do with it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:59 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I agree with ijustdiedinside - you probably are eating more volume and just not noticing. Your body isn't familiar with eating at those particular times so you may not be as hungry, but still eating and then possibly eating more when it's around your usual feeding time?

I'm sure there is a theory that not deviating from your usual eating schedule helps with weight maintenance, but I'd be wiling to bet you are just eating more and possibly moving around less. Relationships tend to increase the pudginess for most of us!

You might want to go back to your regular times and monitor what exactly you eat and how much of it - just to get yourself back on track?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:55 pm 
Saggy Butt

Fair point, I'll be looking at how much I'm eating but I can't see it being that much more. I think I'm just being less food conscious, maybeh. -pokes chubby bits- Ahhhh well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:18 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

aww thats just the Love 15. My guess is youre eating the same amount of food, but of crepe now. Go on evening walks together to slim down?