| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The (bisque about your) eczema thread!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:16 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I never had eczema until about 8 years ago, when all of a sudden Summer came and my hands became a mass of bumpy, itchy, peeling terribleness. Now it happens every single forking year. Including right now! It's gotten slightly less terrible over the years - the first year it happened I thought I'd somehow gotten poison ivy all over my hands. It's not quite that bad now, thankfully. But it's still itchy as hell and it looks like I have hand leprosy.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I have it on only my fingertips, left palm, and the bottom of my feet. But it is awful. My feet are deciding to get really bad this year and while they don't itch, they still peel and sometimes bandaids have to be involved. And it always reaches the height of awfulness in the summer, no matter what I use or how nice I am to my skin. At least I have a dishwasher now.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:07 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I had it only on the top of my right hand until a couple of months ago. It was quite bad and I decided to use cortizone... well, apparently I had an allergic reaction to freaking cortizone because more eczema instantly appeared everywhere. Both hands are fully covered, elbows, knees and feet. The palms of the hands and the finger joints are the worst because they are truly limiting. It hurts to close my hands around my bike handlebars, it hurts to hold a pen.

As my sister has had very bad eczema her entire life, I had good tips on creams and ointments (this is a small miracle, btw) but they don't stop the bumps from coming back.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:13 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

It's all up in my eyebrows again, whoooooooooooooooo. At least it's not on my eyelids? But yeah, eyebrows and the sides of my nose. Party up in here. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:51 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

choirqueer wrote:
It's all up in my eyebrows again, whoooooooooooooooo. At least it's not on my eyelids? But yeah, eyebrows and the sides of my nose. Party up in here. :(

:( That's awful! Hope it clears up soon. Having visible eczema always makes it worse for me, since it causes more stress. That vicious cycle.

I started getting terrible eczema when I went back to work after my first maternity leave. I work in a coffee shop, and the sanitizer we use absolutely KILLS my hands. All of us who work there pretty much lotion up religiously. When I get stressed out, my dry hands get all sad and eczema-y though. So itchy, and it's exacerbated by the constant use of the sanitizer. (I could wear latex gloves, but it's hard to work in them, since my hands are small. I guess I could find a smaller size, but still annoying.) Worst part is my hands look burnt or diseased and I use my hands tons for my job, and I hate cash handling like that. I try not to wonder what people think.

Since I'm only working part-time these days, my hands usually have to recover before they get too bad, and I gave up my managerial position so my stress has been reduced. So I'm doing pretty good with it these days, but I have to be so, so careful about my stress levels.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:15 pm 

My itchy palm reminded me to tell this story: I met a lady at the health food store who was looking for something for her face eczema, and in talking she told me she uses a Clairsonic (which is a rotating brush thing that exfoliates your face), I told her she should probably stop using it but in my head I was just like, 'OW OW OW HOW DO YOU DO THAT'.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:22 am 
Saggy Butt

choirqueer wrote:
At least it's not on my eyelids?

Eyelid eczema really sucks. I'm glad I haven't had that for a while now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:52 am 
Level 7 Vegan

For the past couple of weeks, I have been carrying my own soap and hand towel around everywhere (I got one of the metal boxes at Lush and have them cut me a square of soap to fit the box), and stopped using the ones at work. My hands have been doing a lot better since. I really hope that was my trigger and that they can go back to normal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:20 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

The sanitizer I use at my work makes my hands so bad. It's better now that I'm working part-time instead of 40 hours/week. though. But wearing latex gloves is super annoying - my hands are small, and the ones at work are extra large, so it's like working with grocery bags on my hands. I could probably buy my own, but I still hate wearing the gloves. Just trying to keep my hands clean, dry, and moisturized.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:04 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I have a big concert on Friday so obviously it's time for eczema to eat my face again. :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:51 am 

Ouch! What are you using to clean/moisturize your face? Also, a tone correcting powder might help since it's a special occasion, like this: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/face ... ing_powder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:53 am 

On the plus side, it has been so cool here for most of the summer that I have had very little mega bad weeping gross eczema breakouts.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:30 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

When it acts up, I have prescription stuff that I use. I just have to remember to use it, because it doesn't really work if I don't do it three times a day. I would be too scared to put anything makeuppy on my face which might make it itch worse -- the itchiness is way worse than the discoloration at the moment. But thanks for the suggestion!
Yeah, I wish I could blame the heat but it's cooled down a lot here the last few days. It's definitely stress-induced. Booooo :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:59 pm 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey it's hot out! Guess how I know it's really hot out?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:51 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Mine's been off the wall this week. Back on the prescription gunk. Yeehaw.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:25 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Ugh. Me too. My pinky big knuckle on my left hand--so itchy! I don't feel like I appreciated it enough when it wasn't there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:25 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

GUESS WHO'S BAAAAACK :( :( :(

whyyyyyyyyyyy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:58 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My shins are seriously unpretty, itchy and sore at present. I haven't had a flare up since I came off dairy so I am assuming the current flare up is due to stress and the change in weather.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:34 pm 

Yeah, i had a bad patch on my thumb (like my whole thumb, pretty much peeled off) this past week from stress. It's finally healed and almost done flaking.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:43 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Ugghhh genital eczema NO THANK YOU. I wouldn't wish this on anybody! AAUUGGGH MAKE IT STOP.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:38 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

LALALALALA time to rip all my skin off my face :( :( :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:20 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Of course, the consequence of scratching it when it itches is that then it's going to burrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnn if I put ointment on it.
In other eczema related news, it's bad enough to keep me awake half the night right now. Whyyyyyyyyy?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:00 pm 

What are you washing your face with? I'll bet a mud mask with soothing stuff in it, like chamomile would be nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:28 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

This is literally the only lotion/cream I can use when it's cold outside. I have no idea if it's vegan and haven't been able to find out, but it's the ONLY thing that works and makes my face/body normal/non-itchy: http://www.escentual.com/a-derma/aderma015/
This soap is wonderful as well: http://www.escentual.com/a-derma/aderma001/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:44 pm 

"Does the A-DERMA range contain any animal by-products?

No, our products do not contain animal by-products. The exhaustive formula is on all packaging according to the current legislation."

And their animal testing statement seems kind of confusing, but it says that they used to test raw ingredients on animals but stopped years ago because of the changes in UK legislation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next