| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Is there a name for that?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:39 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

stardogchampion wrote:
hilalbright wrote:
I also get very annoyed by people's food noises. I used cry over it when I was younger
Also, any sounds that repeat over and over like a dripping faucet or an alarm.

I have this too, I can't imagine how I would have survived in an era before digital clocks. That ticking sound, even if it's barely audible, is all I can focus on when I hear it.

I know. I rarely wear a watch, but when I do it. is. all. I. can. hear. Not that I don't like the sound of it, but I cannot concentrate on anything else.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:19 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

lavegan wrote:
I'm the same way. I'm very easily annoyed by people's noises, like loud breathing, sniffing (especially when I'm taking a test), throat clearing, swallowing. I used to be really annoyed by eating noises and I can't stand eating around my dad because whenever he drinks something he opens his eyes really wide like he's seeing a horror movie or something, but luckily now I just eat alone in my room so none of it can bother me. I also can't stand the sound of dishes clanging, mostly because it seems like my dad makes as much noise possible while doing it.

This reminds me of when I was in college and was taking a final in a huge room with a ton of people at the end of winter quarter. Someone in the room kept sniffling, coughing and sneezing. Many people were doing this, but one in particular was louder than the others. She sounded really uncomfortable. Well, someone in the room got really annoyed by this and shouted out for her to be quiet. He was reprimanded by the test proctor because it was pretty rude and disruptive, but a little bit later, he started yelling about why didn't she take medicine, stay home, shut up, etc. It was so loud and way more disruptive than the sniffler. He got kicked out of the room and I assume failed the test. It was pretty crazy and made a boring statistics final a little more interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:08 am 
Chip Strong

I feel so much better now, haha. I thought I was the only one!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:23 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My sister is like this, we used to get into fights when she'd scream at me to eat more quietly. Then I'd scream back "stop listening to me eating!", she's either gotten good at keeping quiet about it or she's getting better, though, its been a long time since she screamed at anyone for it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:33 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My dad makes slurping noises whenever he eats. If it was just noodles or rice, I would understand (though I'd still be slightly appalled and twitch in my seat during mealtimes), but he manages to slurp stuff like dry bread--something I didn't think was possible to slurp! Thinking about it just makes me all stabby.

Shy Mox wrote:
My sister is like this, we used to get into fights when she'd scream at me to eat more quietly. Then I'd scream back "stop listening to me eating!", she's either gotten good at keeping quiet about it or she's getting better, though, its been a long time since she screamed at anyone for it.

Also, I found this kind of hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:09 am 
Chip Strong

My dad chews with his mouth open. Loudly. Then he farts. Ugggghhh. So glad I don't live with my parents anymore.