| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: cleanses for us?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:38 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Hi all,
I am interested in doing a cleanse to help with chronically slow digestion.Does anyone know of a good vegan cleanse? I'd like to stay away from juice fasting or smoothie fasting etc as I tend to react pretty strongly to that. A google search for vegan cleanses only comes up with cleanses for people consuming the SAD who eat vegan for a certain period of time.

I've heard about the Standard Process Cleanse and it looks pretty good, a good list of fruits, veggies, lentils can be eaten the 1st 1/2 of the 21-day cleanse and then you can add back in lean meats (obviously going to happen) I have put in an email with them to see if one can add in other beans & legumes and maybe tofu at that time instead.

Any ideas, PPK?

Post subject: Re: cleanses for us?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:41 pm 
WELFARIST!

Quote:
These rules are non-negotiable!

1- No cleanses. If you are on a juice cleanse, a no-food cleanse, a vegetable cleanse, whatever - please do not post about it here! As long as you have a functioning liver, kidney and spleen we'll be happy to hear about it, but all other cleanses have historically been triggers for disordered eating. Which leads us to...

Spa Rules: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3802

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:01 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Mods don't like cleanse talk 'round these parts. Its sort of a dirty word for a lot of people. Don't take it personally but I imagine you wont get much feedback.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:21 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

If you have chronically slow digestion, have you spoken to your doctor about it? Long term constipation could be an indicator of bowel cancer, among other things.

For general gut issues, keeping a food diary might help you find out what is causing it.

If you have a medical problem, it is a good idea to speak to someone who has been educated and certified by a a recognised body, rather than strangers on the internet.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:48 pm 
A Bad Person

Yep, locking this.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]