| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Question for glasses users!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:05 am 
Bathes in Braggs

jogirl wrote:
I wash them with washing-up liquid under a running tap (this was recommended by my optician!).

Me too, then dry them with a soft dish cloth from the clean pile. I do it almost everyday for both pair of glasses.

I had some individually packaged moist towellettes made for cleaning glasses that I kept in my bag but have run out - those are very handy on occasion.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:57 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

solipsistnation wrote:
mollyjade wrote:
I'm waiting for the follow-up question: Do you have green sludge on the nose pads of your glasses? (Not currently, but just because I have plastic frames instead of wire frames currently).

Oh yeah, isn't that stuff fantastic? I think it's green because of corroding metal, but man. That's some nasty stuff.

I go in with a tissue and sort of floss it out every so often.

I can't use metal glasses. The lenses I need are too thick for metal frames. So I've never had this problem!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:01 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I feel a little better about this now! Thanks everyone. I was thinking I was doing something wrong! But apparently glasses just get dirty a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:16 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Just want to chime in and say that I too have filthy glasses. I really don't understand how they get so smudged and gross.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:56 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I wash them every morning, and then usually on my shirt one or two times throughout the day.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:02 pm 
WELFARIST!

I wipe mine nearly every two seconds. Sometimes I get frustrated and change my glasses which ends up giving me a headache. Then I go back to my current pair and keep wiping.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:56 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Always forking dusty and smudgy! So annoying. Those microfiber clothes are the best, but I am terrible at carrying them around with me. So I'm always using shiitake I shouldn't to wipe them off. Needless to say they are scratched to shiitake because of this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:19 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Errr I didnt know using the side of your shirt was bad for your glasses. I guess when your glasses are like 6 years old it doesnt matter anymore. But yeah I just wear mine at night and they STILL somehow get filthy frequently.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:37 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Cleaning glasses: I usually need to wipe them down with the microfiber cloth thingy every other day - I cannot stand oily glasses. Sometimes I go the extra mile and wash them with dish soap, which is great at getting off the grease. Cleaning with anything but the microfiber or dish soap seems to just smudge the oil rather than get it off. Microfiber is also great for cleaning off your phone screen. The really gross thing about glasses is if all that stuff is constantly landing on your glasses, the same is constantly coming out of or hitting your skin.

Green sludge: I became allergic to it and it gave me a rash even through the rubbery stuff and layers of clear nail polish and then I stopped being able to wear metal glasses at all. Even titanium glasses have cheapo corrosive metal attaching the nose pads. I now only wear plastic lenses.