| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Birth Control Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:21 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

doubling up on birth control methods is always a good idea. (except in cases where they clash, of course.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:35 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Veglicious wrote:
I stopped the pill for a few reasons. Money was one but I was also interested to see if it lifts any of my depression or recent lack of libido.

I went off the Pill for that reason 24 days ago. I'm happier and less anxious. Also, my libido has just started to come back.

Also, I found out how to ACTUALLY put a condom on an uncircumsized penis.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:47 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

So. I went off hormonal because pills about two months ago (ish). My experience with them was pretty much a nightmare (I functionally had my period every two weeks for almost three years even after switching types). The only nice things they did for me were prevent babies (woo!), clear up my skin (woo!), and make my boobs bigger (woo!). But that came with decreased libido, exacerbated anxiety, migraines, PMS, and the whole bleeding half of the sodding time thing. I stopped because it felt silly to put hormones in my body needlessly (not going to go into that...) and realized how much they were contributing to the suckage in my life.
My boobs have gone back to their previous (itty bitty) size, my skin has flared up a bit, and I'm going to have to come up with an alternative method eventually, but for now I'm so thrilled that I stopped that crepe.
I was just wondering if anyone else naturally has really long cycles (period every couple of months) without any real "symptoms" apart from the obvious and experienced wacked-out cycles on bc? I seriously thought that cramps and moodiness were just pretend before I went on hormonal bc. I've always wondered if something was "wrong" with me and my ob's have all been really dismissive of it (and pretty much everything aside from writing scripts).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:44 pm 

Dandelion wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone else naturally has really long cycles (period every couple of months) without any real "symptoms" apart from the obvious and experienced wacked-out cycles on bc? I seriously thought that cramps and moodiness were just pretend before I went on hormonal bc. I've always wondered if something was "wrong" with me and my ob's have all been really dismissive of it (and pretty much everything aside from writing scripts).

my longest was 50 some days, and previously often would have 42-day cycles.
sometimes we just don't ovulate for a while. it happens.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:04 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

autobotamy wrote:
Veglicious wrote:
I stopped the pill for a few reasons. Money was one but I was also interested to see if it lifts any of my depression or recent lack of libido.

I went off the Pill for that reason 24 days ago. I'm happier and less anxious. Also, my libido has just started to come back.

Also, I found out how to ACTUALLY put a condom on an uncircumsized penis.

Can you share that knowledge? We had a pretty failtastic attempt over here that lead to me swearing I would never attempt to put a condom on someone again.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:25 pm 
Dildo Queen

i have been on birth control since june 2011, and since then, i've experienced a dying interest in sex, which is not normal for me, depression and mood swings, i've had like 6 yeast infections, when i've never had them before in my life, and sometimes i spot as though i'm having a regular period, and then my period comes earlier than is supposed to (even from packs where i haven't missed a single pill).

i have decided that i am going to quit hormonal BC (the pill) after this last pack...and i guess my boyfriend and i will just have to find a better method.

QUESTION FOR THE PPK BECAUSE I TRUST YOU: tmi - his cream tang burns my vagina if he comes inside me, so i asked him not to do that anymore. if he never comes inside me and cream tang doesn't go anywhere near my vagina, IS THERE A POSSIBILIY I COULD STILL GET PREGNANT.

i'm sorry for my ignorance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:25 pm 
Dildo Queen

(just because they say that the ~precome~ contains enough sperm to do it, or something )

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:42 pm 

semiautomatic wrote:
(just because they say that the ~precome~ contains enough sperm to do it, or something )

only when he doesn't clean his pipes between sessions. if he hasn't ejaculated in a while, and he is very in tune with his workings and can pull out within a safe amount of time, then withdrawal is quite effective.
if you will be doing it back-to-back, and he doesn't pee all that much, then it's safest to wash very well, and put a condom on for the subsequent goings.
http://www.fwhc.org/birth-control/withdrawal.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:57 pm 
Semen Strong

There is a possibility of you getting pregnant from pre-cum. Its not a huge likelihood if you do it 100% correctly, but "pull and pray" is very easy to mess up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:18 am 
Dildo Queen

thanks guys! yeah he's definitely in tune and in charge of his orgasms haha. and he's obsessive about washing that thing, and i get kind of sore after one go, so we wouldn't do it back to back. thanks so much for the help.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:19 am 
Dildo Queen

can you tell he's the only person i've ever had sex with? -_-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:33 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I'm over 40 now and have an appointment with the doctor on Thursday because the nurse who normally prescribes my bc said I needed to, just because of my age. I've been taking the pill pretty
much non stop since I was 16. My periods are light and predictable to the minute as to when they will start. I have no other bleeding. My skin is fine and I'm not overweight. I can be moody and my libido fluctuates but I have no real way to know whether that's just life! Ideally I'd stay on the pill for longer but I know I'm just putting off the problem. None of the other options sound at all appealling. So question; Is the pill really more harmful as you get older or is it just doctor speak?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:28 am 
Dead by dawn

Efcliz wrote:
I'm over 40 now and have an appointment with the doctor on Thursday because the nurse who normally prescribes my bc said I needed to, just because of my age. I've been taking the pill pretty
much non stop since I was 16. My periods are light and predictable to the minute as to when they will start. I have no other bleeding. My skin is fine and I'm not overweight. I can be moody and my libido fluctuates but I have no real way to know whether that's just life! Ideally I'd stay on the pill for longer but I know I'm just putting off the problem. None of the other options sound at all appealling. So question; Is the pill really more harmful as you get older or is it just doctor speak?

Last time I had the whole gyno shebang I asked to go back on the pill after a couple of years off. My doc was fine writing the prescription. She suggested maybe going on a progesterone only pill instead of the combo one I've been on (and off, but mostly on) for (ulp!) almost 25 years, because she said that might better mimic what was or will be going on with me hormonally in the next few years. I told her I'd been charting my cycles and was ovulating normally (meaning, to me, that my hormonal profile hasn't gone through any age-related changes yet) and she was happy to put me on the combo pill. so, for whatever it's worth to you, my doctor doesn't think me being on the pill at 41 is an issue at all. I'm actually not thrilled to be back on it, but I mostly wanted to be able to skip periods when I need/want to (what? I'm in a new relationship! :D)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:31 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

gwenc02 wrote:
So, I've been on the NuvaRing for three years now and was on Depo for about 4 before that. Within the last few years I've noticed my migraines (which I always had from about the time I first had my period) have been getting worse and worse - more intense and more frequent.

Did it get worse with the ring or before that? It might be the estrogen withdrawal when you remove the ring that's worsening the migraines. You'll probably want to discuss alternatives involving either using a combined contraceptive with fewer breaks (so you'd only get the drop in estrogen every few months) or sticking to progestin-only methods with your doctor.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:24 pm 
Semen Strong

I have PCOS and barely ovulate. It seems stupid to use bc given that it took is 2:5 years of trying to get pregnant. I'm thinking pull and pray, esp because we would be okay keeping a second child.

Semi, if you do pull and pray, make sure your partner and you are on the same page in case you do get preg. Though I guess the same is true of any bc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:28 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

The doctor this morning was great. He said that as I've never smoked, have good blood pressure, don't get headaches and am generally fit, I can carry on with the pill for longer. He's going to monitor me 6 monthly instead of annually, and suggested I think about trying a different type of pill in a year or so. I am happy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:16 pm 

Semi, how about condoms? Diaphragm? Sponge? Copper IUD?

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:46 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I started charting today to use FAM in conjunction with other methods. I went to 4 stores today looking for a female condom, I can't find any!!! I don't shop online much, so that's not an option. What started as joke turned into me being really really curious and wanting to try one. Who has any anecdotes they'd care to share?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:34 pm 

fupapack wrote:
I started charting today to use FAM in conjunction with other methods. I went to 4 stores today looking for a female condom, I can't find any!!! I don't shop online much, so that's not an option. What started as joke turned into me being really really curious and wanting to try one. Who has any anecdotes they'd care to share?

I haven't used one, but I've handled them and am not too thrilled about the idea of using one. I gave one to my step-sis and she said it was like forking with a plastic bag between the good parts. Her partner agreed but seemed pretty enthusiastic about said plastic bag forking.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:35 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yeah! I know they are suppose to feel terrible but I really, really want to try!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:38 am 
Ninja Master

I think my pill is what's been causing the headache I've now had for 4 days. I wish it would stop now.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:24 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Hey I menstruate for 5 days followed by one day of spotting, would you consider that 6 days for charting purposes?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm 

i posted my response over in the FAM thread. viewtopic.php?p=490129#p490129

(honestly, i'm far more likely to open that thread in a more timely manner than this one. so, that's probably the same case for the other FAMers in that thread who would chime in, and keeping FAM talk there is helpful for others learning it who aren't interested in reading a general thread such as this one.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:32 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

thanks! I did't know there was a FAM thread!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:36 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

guess what I got for Valentine's!?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next