| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: The Birth Control Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:54 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

It probably depends on the type? On the pill I still had 7 day periods, on the mirena I had none ( but lots of cramping so I had to get it out).

My partner is getting a vasectomy Friday! I am super excited and ready to take good care of him this weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:34 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Totally depends on the type, but estrogen will do a really good job suppressing your period, so if you're on a combination pill (which is most of them), you generally won't bleed as long as you're taking the active pills. So a lot of people will mess around with their pill packs to be taking more active pills/fewer placebos, which seems to be perfectly safe, even over the long run (some people will spot if they do this long-term, but you won't know if that's you till you try). That way you can skip whole months if you'd like, or just lengthen the time between periods and shorten the period itself, depending on how you personally react to the pills. If you're taking a "mini-pill," the kind with just progesterone, you won't necessarily get that effect, and for me, anyway, taking this kind of pill has just made my period completely erratic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:31 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

fupapack wrote:
I'm thinking of going on birth control to shorten my period. I can't find anything concrete on this as it seems to be a "may happen" sort of thing. Does anyone have any experience with this? I can't take 7 days of it anymore!

My periods on hormonal birth control pills tend to last 3-4 days. My periods were very irregular beforehand due to PCOS so I can't say for sure that will be your experience, but anecdotally, the women I've known that have taken BC have had shorter periods.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9