| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Nutrition Trackers - Post your healthy meal wins here!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:48 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I just made a salad that had a whopping 32 grams of protein in it! Came out to about 550 calories too. Spinach, sweet potatoes, the basic baked tofu from AFR, chickpeas, dry roasted soy nuts and tomatoes! With balsamic vinegar drizzled over it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:14 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Salads are the bomb. I like to make a kale salad with mustard vinaigrette, microwaved pumpkin cubes, marinated tofu feta and roasted pumpkin seeds. Keeps me full for hours. 26 grams of protein, 400 cal.

Another one: spinach, cooked cubed beets, balsamic vinaigrette, tofu feta and walnut pieces. 20 grams of protein, 440 cal.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:11 pm 
Chip Strong

The Shepherd's Pie in Robin Robertson's Vegetarian Meat & Potatoes. I made it with a package of Yves ground original and I subbed the corn with extra carrots, also used russets(cheaper) and it made 4 servings of 281 calories each. I didn't do the rest of the nutrition breakdown, it might be too high in sodium for some because of the soy sauce ...not sure. It was yummy though. and filling.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:49 am 
Semen Strong

I am so thrilled to have veganized this chickpea pancake recipe for a really nice, easy, high protein, sweet GF breakfast - used 2 Tbsp chia seeds instead of the egg and the banana and Almond Breeze instead of the milk, and added a 3/4 cup of strawberries. I served it with mango, because I'm classy like that. I was worried about the chickpea flour aftertaste but there was none.

Link to the original recipe, which is NV and mentions egg: http://twosaucysisters.wordpress.com/20 ... ever-made/

I got 4 big pancakes out of them at 140 cal per pancake with 7 grams of protein with only 4g of sugar and 4g of fat.

Link to the recipe as I made it, entered into My Fitness Pal - all vegan: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/42875968

They were so good - and by omitting the sugar and oil in the pancakes, I could add more for my toddler and leave it out for me. So L had hers with coconut oil, a splash of maple syrup, bananas, mango and strawberries and I had mine with lots of mango and strawberry. IT took about 15 mins total to make, and was a perfect rainy day breakfast.