| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: How is your body betraying you?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:43 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

In the last few years, my body does this thing where instead of FEELING my feelings in my brain like a normal person, I feel them via terrible stomach pains/heart burn. So I'm like an emotionless zombie with horrible stomach aches! It's super fun and I know I should see a doctor and a shrink. I will someday.

Post subject: Re: How is your body betraying you?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:47 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Who needs feelings when you can have agony, ammirite?

Just commiseration here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:23 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

these circles under my eyes! one day they were just there, and then they never left. i probably get more sleep than anyone i know, but i always look like i'm going to collapse. i've been trying to figure out how to make concealer work for about a year, but nothing hides them. they are jerks.

i've gotten sick (like, a day or two of high fever) after refusing to feel my feelings for too long, but i think that was more a case of me betraying my body. it said, "let's sit down and talk about this," and i said, "LA LA LA LA NOOOOOOOO," so it put me in a time-out. fair enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:31 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I get sick every time I visit my mom. Drives my mother in law nuts. Some times it's just a general cold, others it goes into full blown bronchitis.

My body betrays me constantly, but that comes along with fibromyalgia. The other day during dinner I lost feeling in my hands, then up to my elbows, then I started to massively overheat and had to take off some clothes. I thought I was going to pass out.

Going through a stressful time so I'm guaranteed some epic betrayals over the next little while.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:05 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

By throwing me into full blown panic mode when there is absolutely nothing wrong. Thanks, imbalanced brain chemicals!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:17 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I think we are body twins, ijustdiedinside. I've been getting pretty bad stomach pains, heartburn and bloating. I've had a ton of medical tests, and my doctor has whittled it down to anxiety/IBS, but I don't FEEL anxious. It's so annoying. It's worse at night and I often wake up feeling sick, so it's made me scared to go to sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:33 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I had stress heartburn a lot late last year and this year, luckily it's mostly gone. Also I got a new pair of work shoes a few months before I stopped working, and they apparently did horrible things to my feet - I got a friggin' corn (who gets a corn?! is this the 80's?) on the bottom of my big toe, and then I started getting an irritated nerve so I started wearing my sneakers even to work, but it didn't fully go away until after we finished moving and I could actually spend a lot of time barefoot and sitting down. But I still can't wear any narrow shoes, it's Saucony's and knock-off crocs for me. All of the other shoes now feel like they're pinching my feet, like my feet magically got wider.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:00 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

dakini wrote:
By throwing me into full blown panic mode when there is absolutely nothing wrong. Thanks, imbalanced brain chemicals!

This one.

Also, erections when even thinking about kissing someone. Really complicates that first move.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:03 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

It cannot stay warm like a normal person. I am realizing now that I live and ride in Oregon that I simply cannot take temperatures that everyone else can deal with, like, no problem. In short, this Canadian's body is unacceptably wimpy. Balls.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:11 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm super tired. I used to be able to go to bed at my normal time 10/11, and wake up around 5:30/6, but now I barely get up at 7 to get ready for work and I'm already going to bed earlier in most cases 9/10! I sometimes even need a nap. It's depression and anxiety at work partly, but I'm also getting paranoid about my b12 and how I don't exercise and! Then all that worrying makes me sleepy again. Awesome.

I really miss feeling productive and full of energy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:13 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

jordanpattern wrote:
It cannot stay warm like a normal person. I am realizing now that I live and ride in Oregon that I simply cannot take temperatures that everyone else can deal with, like, no problem. In short, this Canadian's body is unacceptably wimpy. Balls.

I'm the same way. It's 70 here with a breeze and I'm cold. And that's about as hot as it gets here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:41 am 

jordanpattern wrote:

Dude, me too. And we are both from freezing cold Alberta!

I am cold ALL THE TIME. It's about 24 Celsius right now and the open window has me wrapped up in a housecoat and like five blankets while my husband (who grew up in Los Angeles!) sweats without any coverage.

Lately my body has been bruising a lot. It is so freaking dramatic. Like I'll carry maybe one heavy thing at work and I'll be dramatically bruised for weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:24 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Mine is the opposite. I think after living in The Netherlands I've grown used to the cold and I can't get used to the heat. I love swampy, hot weather, but I can't seem to take it anymore! I'm going home to Virginia this summer for a month, so I guess we'll see how I handle it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:20 am 
Huffs Nooch

My body betrays me in multiple ways, really.
When I have exams I don't feel nervous, but i vomit for 4-5 days before. When I get sad, angry, nervous or scared I feel nauseaus.
When I go back to my parents I get horrible, migraine-like head aches the first couple of days. Oh and I can't stand heat! Throughout spring I fear the summer because of the warm weather. Oh yeah, and I get panick attacks out of nowhere as well and then I panick over getting panick attacks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:56 am 

I keep getting zits from swimming at the pool. I know they are from the pool because they disappear when I haven't swam in a while. I would switch to the lake but I bought a summer rec centre pass and I am always freezing and lakes are cold, so I'll just deal with the zits.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:03 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

ijustdiedinside wrote:
In the last few years, my body does this thing where instead of FEELING my feelings in my brain like a normal person, I feel them via terrible stomach pains/heart burn. So I'm like an emotionless zombie with horrible stomach aches! It's super fun and I know I should see a doctor and a shrink. I will someday.

Super same! I've always been this way, though, recently it's getting bad though because I'll get my nervous stomach aches when I don't know what I'm nervous about.

Today my body betrayed me because it waited until I was stuck in traffic to let me know that I needed to poop. Then I finally got to work and the feeling went away.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:05 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

It's basically my body's job to betray me. Damned autoimmune diseases.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:06 am 

Same here, fee. Sometimes I'm like, what do I even have to be upset/nervous about? Bodies!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:11 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I've been super itchy lately and have no idea why. No hives, no rashes, no change in products just itchy!

And I've been having extreme paranoia for no reason. I am not normally a paranoid person. And I realize that the things I'm being paranoid about are stupid. But I can't stop myself. Examples!

1. Made a PB&J for my hubby and saw a fruit fly while I was doing it. Did the fruit fly come from inside the PB jar? Or was it just there in my space? Is he going to die or become violently ill from eating that sandwich? Should I make another one. I almost threw it away and made another one but then I realized that was stupid and just continued to stress about it until a full 24 hours after he ate it and I knew he was fine.

2. I sprayed Kiss My Face bug spray on my legs and got some of it on the cat tree. Then went into full blown panic mode over it and was worried that if the cats got it on them and licked it they would die.

3. I had the dishwasher programmed to run in the middle of the night and I knew it was going to thunderstorm. So I just slept horribly all night and then wound up getting up out of bed around 3am to turn it off. Because the dishwasher can't run during a thurnderstorm?

NO CLUE!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:14 am 
Smuggling Raisins

My intestines betray me whenever I have even a tiny amount of stress. Thank Darwin I work from home...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:36 pm 
WELFARIST!

My body goes through cycles of betraying me. It was always headaches for years and years where my stress manifested but it's moved on down my body (though I still occasionally get headaches) and shared the love/hate with other body parts.

When I get hungry, I used to get this weird pain in my neck. I get a migrainish headache on the right side of my head (left is pure migraine from sources like hangover, atmospheric pressure, etc--different animal--hunger headaches appear only on right side of head but need to be treated like migraine).

I always have some minor injury--be it my left knee, my right foot, right now it's a rib muscle pull on my right side that's been there for a month but is healing that effects my exercise.

Sciatica originating from the left side flares up sometimes after running. Helped a lot by this one yogic exercise I do that stretches the region but ongoing and chronic.

Chronic lower back pain focused on the right side troubles me during cookathons or long peiods of standing where I have to take breaks that I never used to have to.

In times of high anxiety, my skin can break out in a itchy and sudden rash that drives me all types of insane. Luckily, this hasn't bothered me for a while because my anxiety is much better now.

Some autoimmune issues too. Canker sores. There is terrible arthritis in my family in old age and I'm pretty sure it's coming for me. My finger joints ache in cold damp weather and whenever I'm cramped in a position I take much longer than an average person to ease myself out of it and unstiffen the joints and muscles affected by the cramped or awkward position.

Eyesight gone straight downhill. I still don't wear glasses though. Glasses irritate me. I'd wear them to drive though, but I don't drive, so no glasses.

Cystic breasts. I have very "busy breasts" as my doctor put it yesterday. Due another biopsy next week on one cyst that's changed since the last time they saw it--not grown, just changed in apperance. The doctor is not concerned though but says biopsy JIC and err on the side of caution. I don't think it's anything either but I didn't have to put up with biopsy-in-the-cystic-breasts-haystack bidness five, ten years ago. Sigh.

And I say without a touch of sarcasm (honestly!) that I'm generally in excellent health and am lucky. I'm in my mid-forties and think of Jimmy Stewart whenever I wonder what's my body's going to come to in the future. "After fifty, it's all patch, patch, patch".

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:00 pm 
Grandfathered In

My body hates me.

Type 1 diabetes. SPONK (spontaneous osteonecrosis of the knee), but not for a couple years. Trigger finger (I've had the minor surgery on 3 fingers, but could use it on a couple more). Anxiety and agoraphobia (nicely managed).

I go to the gym all the time to punish my body.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:19 pm 
Impressive boner

My body is exacting a long, calculated revenge for some unknown reason.

An autoimmune condition, latex fruit syndrome (can't eat bananas, avocados, pineapples, melon, or kiwi and sometimes almonds are a bit dodgy.) and lately a plethora of symptoms including endless fatigue, migraines, heart palpitations and tinnitus.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:38 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Oh, my lungs! Those are such a constant annoyance I forgot about them. I'm in very good shape, but my lungs.... sigh. They suck.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:40 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

vijita wrote:
I keep getting zits from swimming at the pool. I know they are from the pool because they disappear when I haven't swam in a while. I would switch to the lake but I bought a summer rec centre pass and I am always freezing and lakes are cold, so I'll just deal with the zits.

This used to happen to me. Someone advised me to put moisturizer on my face before I swam & it stopped it straight away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next