| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
 Post subject: Re: How is your body betraying you?
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:42 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I have a weird red/purple itchy mark on my leg. Went to the pharmacist and he goes "Well I've never seen anything like that before!" Hahaha thank you that's reassuring.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:10 am 
Saggy Butt

Seems like they finally found out that I have hypothyreos. Have suspected it for years - with all the freezing (sitting under a blanket in 25 degrees C? not normal if you ask me), hair loss, fatigue, weight gain etc - but every time they measured they said "no worries". Now two tests in a row revealed too high TSH. So I'll get medicine to try for about 6-8 weeks.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My hormones are betraying me. I've always had PMDD but this past month it precipitated a severe depressive episode that landed me in the hospital. I'm dreading next month. My psychiatrist wants to try low dose birth control pills since I don't respond well to SSRIs, the other treatment. I couldn't get an appointment with my gynecologist til July though. I'm actually scared of getting PMDD next month which causes anxiety which in turn makes a crisis more likely.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:29 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

My tinnitus is really bad tonight and it's particularly frustrating

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:02 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

My sciatica/herniated disc has been hurting quite dramatically recently because I had the audacity to exercise. It feels like my bones are being stung by wasps, but it's okay because it's just a nerve being crushed by part of my spine that has escaped. I'm contemplating opiates.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:42 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

My body has become increasingly more sensitive to something and I've had a couple rare episodes where I get a severe headache and start throwing up, for hours. I'm beginning to suspect I might be developing an allergy to alcohol or hops- I've had hangovers before, but this sometimes happens after drinking one or not even a full beer. It's a bummer because I like beer. But man, I do not like feeling like this. I've just discovered LaCroix and I do have my ways of getting Topo Chico out here, so I'll pull through! But still, I'd like to have another round of allergy tests just to be sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:06 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
My body has become increasingly more sensitive to something and I've had a couple rare episodes where I get a severe headache and start throwing up, for hours. I'm beginning to suspect I might be developing an allergy to alcohol or hops- I've had hangovers before, but this sometimes happens after drinking one or not even a full beer. It's a bummer because I like beer. But man, I do not like feeling like this. I've just discovered LaCroix and I do have my ways of getting Topo Chico out here, so I'll pull through! But still, I'd like to have another round of allergy tests just to be sure.

That sucks! I've gotten really sensitive to red wine and can't have more than one glass now. I used to have no problems with it at all but now it causes me some major stomach problems. It's such a bummer.

Somehow when it is in sangria the rule doesn't apply. Very strange.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:35 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My arm hurts. No idea why but it really hurts. I can't think that I've actually done anything with my arm much recently so...who knows what's going on. But ow.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:16 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I have a rib/muscle injury that will not heal! I have had it for ten weeks. Very frustrating. :/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:54 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I've gotten strong enough after 3 years of training and racing to essentially tear my hip up. I've got a great PT, but being injured sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:35 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I pulled something in my neck and am only in a moderate amount of pain when I'm upright, but as soon as I lie down I have excruciating sharp pain. I can't lie down in any position without pain bad enough that I can't sleep. Which I can't do anyway right now because I'm working a 24 hour shift, but it sure is shitty to go into a 24 hour shift with pain and no sleep the night before because of that pain. Waaaaaa poor me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

This is really not the worst of my worries but it's bugging me a little. I have such a poor gag reflex that sometimes when I brush my teeth, I throw up. All it takes is for my toothbrush to touch the side of my tongue and I wretch. So strange. It's a recent thing, I've never had a problem with this up until a few months ago.

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:01 am 
Saggy Butt

Must have gotten something on my vacation or on the travel home that I'm reacting to.
Itchy rashes which only subsided when I got my usual allergy medicine again. But by then I had scratched at quite a few of them which now still itch now and then especially if I touch the red marks ... :-/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:28 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Ugh, sound. Feels like my auditory nerve is being cut by it, and the rest of my nerves burnt by it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:36 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

My hands (and, to a lesser extent, my feet) have been bothering me lately. They feel puffy and swollen, but I know they're just barely swollen as I can still get my ring on and off (but it's noticeably tighter). I can't decide if it's enough of a reason to go to the doctor.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:47 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

I woke up with a horrible headache and nausea this morning. This has been happening with increased frequency over the past couple years (maybe once a month). In response I stopped drinking all types of alcohol about 3 months ago, which so far has been going very well (I will have a drink maybe once a month or so with friends, but never more than one). I also made myself drink a lot more water, generally, which is also going well (especially once I got hooked on LaCroix). I think in addition to booze, one of the other triggers is hot weather, and we've been having a heatwave (80s and 90s constitutes a heat wave where I live).

But, still. Yesterday I drank plenty of water, stayed inside most of the day (worked on my garden for a couple of hours, in the shade), ate a hearty meal, come on! I hate waking up this way because it makes me feel like a weak little delicate flower who can't simply enjoy a nice day for a couple of hours.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36