| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: How is your body betraying you?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:44 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

2 toes have chilblains and are SO FORKING itchy I could cut them off :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:25 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

ugh i broke one of my toes a few years ago and it never really healed 100% (the circulation is definitely affected) and i got what i suspect is a chilblain, as well, after biking during a cold weather warning. it sucks because whatever i wear, my toes get a bit chilly (but not enough to seriously bother me) on the bike, especially if i'm out for more than 45min.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:10 am 
WRETCHED

Wow my wrist is just killing me. It has been getting better, or so I thought. Usually I wake up in the morning with it stiff and then it gets better as I move around but not today. Luckily I'm going to the doctor soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:35 am 
WRETCHED

My husband put KT tape on my wrist for me, it helps a lot. I highly suggest looking into it for anyone who is having muscular/joint issues.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:25 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Ever since yesterday everything has tasted somewhat of soap. It's very annoying, I keep trying to eat flavourful things to take it away but nope. Not pregnant, thanks Google (Google says it's either that or some woo fluoride is nasty thing).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:13 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I recently was formally "diagnosed" for my toe calluses, and apparently they are a result of my bone structure...something that all who have seen my feet have always marveled at. Yes, those toes are in fact intended for a different foot. So I have to cope with incredibly painful calluses for the rest of my life by wearing silicon sheets around the joints.
For weeks my right knee was bothering me. I trained my quads up with alternates and weights so I could keep running. I seemed successful...I even completed a 13.1 run and felt great, albeit tired, the next week. Knee pain was gone! But then just as I completed my level one karate instruction, I managed to really kill my hamstrings doing basic stretches for warm up. 0.0 Oooh wellll.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:13 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

vixki, is it a cilantro thing? or a pine nut thing? I know people whose mouths get all forked up taste-wise from those two foods.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:20 am 
Naked Under Apron

booberthefraggle wrote:
vixki, is it a cilantro thing? or a pine nut thing? I know people whose mouths get all forked up taste-wise from those two foods.

As far as I know I haven't had either in the last couple weeks, I've been busy with uni and haven't eaten anything that I've not made myself all week. Doesn't taste so bad this morning though so fingers crossed it's gone.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:05 am 

first flare on new meds which means that every single part of my whole idiot body is in pain (as it often is) but since new meds are even more immunosuppressive than previous ones, I am paranoid that I'm sick so I get to keep compulsively checking my temperature! because on these meds: if I have a fever over 100 I have to go to the ER!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:40 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Second day of having a fever over 102 (39 c). I wish I didn't wake up from my own coughing. I took codeine drops but I don't think they helped and I'm not sure if I want to take more. On top of everything I feel really nauseous. I tried to eat a tiny bit of dinner last night and had to throw up. Now I'm taking baby sips of water, maybe I'll get up to 2 litres without throwing up again.

I kind of wish this fever just made me sleep the whole time, instead I'm changing between reading children's books (still really hard to focus on them) and just lying there with my eyes closed or staring into the room.

Also, I had to cancel my therapy session for tomorrow and I have to pay 50 euros (or 100?) because it was too late.

And everything hurts, obviously. My neck, my back, my knees, my ears, my Eyes, my head, my teeth...

I hope it goes away on its own, the holidays are coming up and the doctors office will be closed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:35 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

My fibro flare is causing me to not cope very well with day to day life, or vice versa.

The pain is quite bad and I'm so, so tired. Plus I'm having all the crazy annoying nerve symptoms, like phantom sensations and problems with dexterity.

I just need to sleep for a few days straight but I feel like that's never going to happen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:52 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I'm starting to feel pretty certain I'm developing insulin resistance. The major red flag (among others) for me is all this dark, soft but thick skin around my neck. It's all over the back of my neck and corners of my mouth, too and I have never had so much skin discoloration in my life. Been hesitating on getting tested because I kinda don't want to know. But I think it's time to stop forking around and get my body straightened out (as best as possible given other chronic illnesses, of course).

Also don't forget to check your moles nightly to make sure they aren't devil's teats. - Erika Soyf*cker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:29 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I was sick two weeks ago - nothing that serious, just a cold with some fever and coughing. It cleared up in a couple of days, and I went on with my life, just with a bit of a lingering cough and some extra snot. Last week, D got sick with what appears to have been a different cold. Now, I'm sick again! I was going to race my bike tomorrow, but I think I'll have to give it a miss. I don't mind getting sick too much, but twice in three weeks sucks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:40 am 
Semen Strong

So many good thoughts to everyone suffering!

I have this ongoing problem with my knees (after a skiing accident in 2002 and reconstructive surgery it's just still troubling me) and now my feet have this ongoing numbness and cold, so I was freaked out and worried. I went to the orthopedic surgeon, because I was worried I might be ready for the total knee replacement my last surgeon thought was the next step for me, but he didn't feel like it was that bad yet. He wants to rule out that it might be core weakness or an injury to my back. We're doing scans to find out.

I just want to be able to walk without pain, and I'm pretty scared that they'll find something not good.

I am so frustrated with medicine in the US - it's like being sick is a full time job - schedule appointments, get referrals, make sure you have enough coverage for whatever you want, find childcare, find doctor reviews, do your own research, get ready to ask good questions because you just have the doctor for a few minutes. Try and find out exactly which hoops insurance wants you to jump through and hope they don't change and result in you getting a denial of coverage. And that's before you even have anything serious to worry about.

I know there are many people on this board who have chronic health issues, and I can't imagine how you get through this process, which is so daunting, all the time. We really do still need healthcare reform, even post ACA

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:42 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I was well over due to have my b12 and iron checked and with how terrible I have been feeling I was really starting to think that a deficiency was causing my fibro flare.

This was a scary thought - I don't want to be a stereotypical vegan! Sickly and weak and not taking my supplements properly or eating well. My doc has been supportive of my being vegan but if it came up with other people I would have to admit to being deficient.

The office called. My b12 and iron levels are aces. Just another test in a long line of tests that comes back great.

I nearly cried because that means I am legitimately doing this poorly from an illness that many people still think doesn't exist. I am doing this poorly and I'm not going to be able to fix it with pills or shots. I actually don't know if I can keep going with schedule I've been doing at work and I don't know what that means for me there long term.

I'm sore and tired and sad and it is feeling like my constant state of being lately.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Gentle hugs to everyone who's suffering right now.

Vegan Stuff in Belgium

VSiB FB page

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:50 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Moon wrote:
I was well over due to have my b12 and iron checked and with how terrible I have been feeling I was really starting to think that a deficiency was causing my fibro flare.

This was a scary thought - I don't want to be a stereotypical vegan! Sickly and weak and not taking my supplements properly or eating well. My doc has been supportive of my being vegan but if it came up with other people I would have to admit to being deficient.

The office called. My b12 and iron levels are aces. Just another test in a long line of tests that comes back great.

I nearly cried because that means I am legitimately doing this poorly from an illness that many people still think doesn't exist. I am doing this poorly and I'm not going to be able to fix it with pills or shots. I actually don't know if I can keep going with schedule I've been doing at work and I don't know what that means for me there long term.

I'm sore and tired and sad and it is feeling like my constant state of being lately.

I am in a very similar circumstance. I actually cried this morning because it feels like there isn't one person in my life that can retain the information that I am in pain all over my body all day, every day. It's not even like I talk about it that much. More in direct response to the questions of why I can't do this or that. Ummmm....because I'm in terrible pain (still).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:06 pm 

~random numbness hour~

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:50 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I definitely think there's something up with me. I'm always exhausted, tired, I get sick all of the time, my body is always in pain. I almost never go out anywhere anymore, I can't really exercise, I can't walk for too long, I can't stand for too long, I can't sit sometimes, I can't lay down sometimes. It's making me so depressed because I can never do anything anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:59 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry Mr. Shankly.

It definitely sounds like your work situation is pretty trying, so that on top of feeling tired, sick and in pain, must be really hard.

Sending you many good thoughts.

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:49 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Dropped half a point in each eye compared to my current glasses (09-14). Last September (09-15) I had dropped a quarter point (in one eye? both? I don't remember). People keep on telling me this will stop. I don't know if it's that I'm still so new to glasses (only 3 years) or what, but I wish it would slow the fork down and stabilize already.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:29 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

blah blah bald spot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:41 am 
WRETCHED

I've had those paperweight! You know what worked for me, although I had flakes as well, was coconut oil. When I was a teenager, I had it for years and recently freaked when one showed up but decided to try coconut oil and the hair came back quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:06 am 
Wears Pleather Undies

So I'm basically here to complain about WITHDRAWING FROM PREDNISOLONE WHAT THE HELL.

I've had millions of courses over the last 3 years and had a 3/4 week course with a taper I stopped a week ago. I'm feeling sooooo bad, joint pain, muscle pain, fatigue and I'm wheezing again. I hate this.

Sympathy and commiserations to everyone who's feeling bad.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:29 am 
Naked Under Apron

Had my laparoscopy yesterday. No idea how extensive the surgery was. I know I was out cold for at least an hour and a half which is longer than I expected for a diagnostic procedure but nobody told me any results as the doc went home right after haha. I have to wait for a letter telling me every happened which is annoying as I have no idea how much was done and how I should feel.

Anyway my stomach hurts where the scars are a lot and it hurts to pee and my throat hurts ow.

And I ventured outside but everyone is mowing the lawn on this lovely day and I started sneezing and wow that hurt more than I could have imagined!

Also I think I am catching my husband's cold...great.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next