| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: How is your body betraying you?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:01 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

No, I usually just waited for them to go away on their own (of course, they would come back again). I actually didn't know what they were until I asked my ENT about it last year when I was there for something else. For most people, they can be removed during an in-office procedure where they anesthetize the area, but my doctor said I'm not a candidate for that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:14 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Ugh. After like three months of random intense shoulder ish/spineish pain I Googled and now I have an appointment because holy God there is some scary shiitake out there this could be. It's definitely not a sore muscle because I've done all the stretching and yoga possible to help it. It feels like something is stuck in my back- like the end of a stick got stuck in it. My shoulder occasionally freezes up and I can't properly move my arm. So, Friday I will start getting to the bottom of this.
Thank God my mother didn't cancel my insurance.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:30 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Flu/cold/blech since Tuesday night. Passed out completely Wednesday night (turned blue! according to NB) and when we called 112 (EU 911) they said that since I was breathing again, we could just go to sleep. Lots of tests at my new dr.'s office yesterday morning; all came back normal (big picture: yay! this issue: ?!). Friday now, still sick, but at least I haven't passed out again. . .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:03 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

^ lutin! that sounds so scary! I hope you get better soon!

Me, my stomach looks like I have swallowed a whole watermelon. I guess it is because "that time of the month" will be turning up soon, but it's oh so annoying, and unattractive, and painful!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:22 pm 
Total Hoover

My stomach hurts so I've spent all day sitting with a hot water bottle rather than doing things I ought to have done. And half of those were desk work I could have done with the hot water bottle in place, but I can't motivate myself when I'm feeling rubbish. It had better not be sore again tomorrow when I'm at work.
(It's not period pain and I'm not nauseous with it. I'm not sure what it is- I used to get it often but haven't for ages. I suspect it is something to do with not eating. Sometimes I don't feel hungry at all, then I have sharp pain with no hunger in between. And if I eat at that point it makes it much worse. I can usually calm it by drinking lots of mint or fennel tea (or plain hot water helps a bit) then nibbling a bit of bland food, but have to get the timing right. It's usually just a one-off thing for an hour or so, but I had it yesterday evening for a couple of hours, was fine all night and this morning, then it came back and has been sore for about 6 and a half hours. It's not as bad as it was but it's not better. I think I should eat again (to avoid it getting bad again) but I don't know what and I'm scared to do so. I tried Gaviscon last night and I don't think it did much (unless that was what fixed me but it took an hour to work.) I don't think painkillers would be much help because I think it's my actual stomach that's unhappy.)
Stupid body.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:53 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

GreenDuck, things like paracetamol should help because, I think, it works on the "pain signals" from your brain, rather than healing the actual problem. I may be wrong, I'm not that up on science but that's what I've thought.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:24 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

The past few days I've been having sore joints in my fingers again! I've been getting this here and there for quite some time now, I'm sure at least a decade. It totally feels like what arthritis is described to be - but doctors don't seem to think so.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:37 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I picked up the crud from work. Super stuffy nose and exhausted, sore throat when I wake up. I'm also worried that I may be developing Type II diabetes. Any time I eat something super carb-heavy, I immediately feel like going into a food coma after. Today it was while I was driving. I was about 2 seconds away from a narcoleptic nap.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:21 pm 
Nailed to the V

I've been diagnosed with chronic dry eyes, a souvenir from years radioactive iodine treatments. Worse, my doctor has strongly recommended fish oil for the omega 3s as part of the treatment . No ! Absolutely not ! So I'm off to search for vegan alternatives starting with searching the PPK Health Forum.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:03 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

earlier today I got tired putting on a jacket and had to sit down

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:42 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

boober that suuuucks.

Doesn't compare, but I was really excited to be prescribed adderall after talking to other people diagnosed with ADHD later in life and hearing how it changed their lives (also people who use it recreationally seem very enthusiastic about it too though that is not really my interest) and am disappointed that I literally feel nothing from the max dose. I can also stay awake and be totally functional after taking ambien, don't experience much pain relief (and definitely no mental effects) from vicodin and usually have to get 8-9 injections of novocaine for my teeth to be numb. Why can't drugs just work?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:04 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

booberthefraggle wrote:
earlier today I got tired putting on a jacket and had to sit down

I hear you. The last two weeks I have to take a break between boots. Which I'm already sitting down for. Fastening the uppermost button on my coat when leaving work today was excruciating and had to be done in two stages.

Not to be "oh I know how you feel". But, like, I'm sorry and understand how much it blows.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:05 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

strawberryrock wrote:

Doesn't compare, but I was really excited to be prescribed adderall after talking to other people diagnosed with ADHD later in life and hearing how it changed their lives (also people who use it recreationally seem very enthusiastic about it too though that is not really my interest) and am disappointed that I literally feel nothing from the max dose. I can also stay awake and be totally functional after taking ambien, don't experience much pain relief (and definitely no mental effects) from vicodin and usually have to get 8-9 injections of novocaine for my teeth to be numb. Why can't drugs just work?

How long have you been on the adderall? My husband didn't have good response to his ADD meds for a couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:27 pm 

Moon I'm sorry you're dealing with this too! bodies are terrible!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:41 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Moon wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:

How long have you been on the adderall? My husband didn't have good response to his ADD meds for a couple of weeks.

Was he on a stimulant? My provider seems to think that if I've literally felt no effects after a week it's not working for me, since it's not something that builds up in your system...though I might try 20mg twice a day a few more times just to make sure before trying the next med.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:41 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

strawberryrock wrote:
Moon wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:

Was he on a stimulant? My provider seems to think that if I've literally felt no effects after a week it's not working for me, since it's not something that builds up in your system...though I might try 20mg twice a day a few more times just to make sure before trying the next med.

He's on Concerta. It has really made a huge difference for him. He's also the sort of person who doesn't get any relief from other meds, especially pain meds and numbing injections.

I hope you feel a difference with a few more doses.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:59 am 

body has officially failed to respond to medication completely!!!! disease had continued to get progressively worse! THANKS BODY!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:38 am 
WRETCHED

I think my carpal tunnel is back, I haven't had it in 20 years. I woke up the other night with my wrist hurting and it has taken men 2 days to realize it might be carpal tunnel.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:24 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I'm pretty sure I'll need to up my thyroid meds again, because I am so exhausted and irritable. Also, starting to think there are other hormonal issues. Not liking the dark ring around my neck (I keep hoping it's really stubborn dirt, but it's not. I've always had slight hyperpigmentation there but it's changed in darkness and texture the last year... and my dad has type 2 diabetes so I'm getting nervous). I have to get a blood test done anyway to check my thyroid levels so I'm going to go ahead and do that in a week or so.

Also don't forget to check your moles nightly to make sure they aren't devil's teats. - Erika Soyf*cker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:13 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So I'm pretty sure Adderall has a subtle effect on me if 1) I get enough sleep (rare) 2) I get some caffeine but not too much caffeine (a half a cup of coffee is good, a half a cup of coffee and a half a cup of tea is making me feel jittery as hell and like I can't focus on anything at all right now) 3) I take 20mg, the maximum dose (which two friends have told me gets them "pretty high") and of course the normal stuff like not eating an hour before or two hours after and avoiding acidic things.

Basically all the planning and work that goes into making Adderall effective is harder than the stuff it's supposed to be helping me with. I am picking up a scrip for Ritalin next, though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:05 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Reflux and insomnia. Getting old is the pits.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:15 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Change "jittery as hell" to "actually might be dying." Cool.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:13 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I have this mysterious back pain, at first I thought it was my kidneys or something, but then my timehop alerted me to the fact that this exact same time last year, I had the same pain and went to the doctors, where they investigated and it wasn't my kidneys, it was my muscles or something.

So bizarrely it seems I get back pain in the middle of February, almost to the day...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:55 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I got food poisoning on Saturday, spent the day / evening throwing up etc, still felt shitty (ha!) on Sunday but I'd stopped being sick and could nibble on some crackers. Because my body is ridic all of that made my colitis symptoms flare up so I'm still finding myself in desperate need to poop situations 5 whole days later. Ugh. This is my most hated travel thing, no access to doctors in these situations, being in countries where the medication I need isn't available (I found something similar which is kinda working but it's not quite the right thing) and having very little control over what I'm able to eat which makes flare ups last way longer than they would at home.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

After damn near 20 years of trying to figure out why my body was betraying me I finally tested positive for Lyme disease! Yay Lyme disease!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next