| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: How is your body betraying you?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:41 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I'm anemic but my body can't handle iron supplements.
Dealing with a super annoying skin infection that makes me feel disgusting.
I swear I always get migraines when I have a lot of shiitake to do.
And I have never woken up feeling well-rested in my life. I always just feel like shiitake.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:27 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

seitanicverses wrote:
Sciatica originating from the left side flares up sometimes after running. Helped a lot by this one yogic exercise I do that stretches the region but ongoing and chronic.".

Seitanicverses, I had a period in which I suffered from sciatica after running, and what really helped me was sitting on a tennis ball. :) A lot of times the sciatica nerve is pinched by a really tight muscle in your bum, the pirformis, and if you can kind of massage it out with a tennis ball it loosens up the pressure on the nerve. It hurts like all get out, but it worked for me, and it worked quickly.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Anx ... =yfp-t-656

For me, panic attacks. Although it is better since I quit smoking a few years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:42 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Kelly wrote:
It's basically my body's job to betray me. Damned autoimmune diseases.

Yep, what up rheumatoid arthritis? You so crazy! Making my hands and feet like hurty balloons just for fun!

My body hates gluten and soy now.

My body apparently thinks I never need to have sex again, seeing as how my sex drive tanked with my second pregnancy and has not returned after delivering that baby two years ago. Thanks sooooooo much, body!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:09 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I never plan to have children (in fact I've taken permanent measures to ensure I don't) and yet my damn uterus prepares me for pregnancy every month and I lose so much damn blood that I can't wander too far from the bathroom 2-3 days a month and now I'm anemic.

I'm way closer to menopause than to puberty but I still get hormone-induced pimples.

My kidneys and liver are filled with cysts and there's also a large cyst pressing on my gall bladder. It's more or less inevitable that my kidney function will deteriorate (hopefully not too quickly) and I'm going to end up on dialysis or possibly needing a transplant at some point.

The next time I go to get my eyes checked, I'm afraid I'm going to be told it's time for *sob* bifocals. Personally, I think I just need longer arms.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:10 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

lepelaar wrote:
I never plan to have children (in fact I've taken permanent measures to ensure I don't) and yet my damn uterus prepares me for pregnancy every month and I lose so much damn blood that I can't wander too far from the bathroom 2-3 days a month and now I'm anemic.

That's me too! So my body makes me anemic by bleeding too much and then my body doesn't tolerate iron supplements. Cool joke.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:16 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Tinnitus. It first started very mildly when I was a teenager after a few too many gigs, so kind of self inflicted I suppose. Since then I've been super careful not to expose my ears to any loud noise, despite that over the last few months it's gotten worse and worse for no reason at all. I'm now too scared that any noise is going to make it worse, I can no longer listen to music, play piano or even use my food processor. But of course because it's getting worse for no reason, I'm also just scared that it will get worse no matter what I do.

And I think my gums are receeding even though I've always looked after my teeth really well. (And if they aren't receeding then my body is betraying me by making me ridiculously worried that they are.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:24 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oh, that sucks, SR! I'm taking prescription iron again, and after all the warnings, I'm happy that my body seems to not be reacting badly to it.

Have you ever looked into the possibility you may have a fibroid? That's what causes my heavy bleeding. It used to be much worse in the past but I was able to get some of the worst fibroids removed and it did make a difference! Now I've got some that are in a more difficult position to remove, but they should shrink with menopause, so I've just decided to wait it out. I'm not sure how old you are, but I get the sense you're a lot further from menopause than I am, so it may be worth seeing if that's what's going on, because if so, getting help for any fibroids could help a lot!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:31 pm 
Dead by dawn

lepelaar wrote:
I'm way closer to menopause than to puberty but I still get hormone-induced pimples.

Yup. I remember when I was 20 and my boss at the time told me the best thing about turning 30 was that she'd stopped getting zits. And I thought to myself, "I have 10 more years of this?!?!" Hahahahahaha. Now I'm 43 and still breaking out regularly. That said I am in no hurry for the body betrayals of menopause.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:01 pm 
Tofu Pup

GracieKai, itchy skin when you have ruled out other causes most likely comes from the liver being unable to keep up with it's normal detoxification duties. I do not mean detox in the sense of an occaisonal cleanse but normal ,daily,metabolic processes. Your other mental/emotional instances you sited are consistent with same. Having said this I realize this isn't a digestion thread... is there one?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:07 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Endometriosis! Every time I get my period or ovulate it feels like someone is stabbing my inner reproductive parts! It usually keeps me bedridden and taking some heavy duty painkillers.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:49 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Stress is coming through as severe nausea which means I'm finding it next to impossible to eat or drink anything. Not a great combination since it is actually warm here and I need some nutrition to keep me mentally strong. I'm literally having to force food and fluids into myself.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:07 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I have anxiety belly for no good reason. My anxiety belly has been giving me liquid poop and nausea. Yesterday, I was trying to force down the last of my coffee before work because I am addicted to caffine. This made my anxiety belly worse, which makes me cough (I cough when nauseated), one big cough caused an explosion of liquid poop in my new jeans. That's right. I'm a grown asparagus person and I pooped my pants. So I had to clean myself up, change and ride my bike really fast in the heat, while queasy to get to my (new job that I don't want to fork up) on time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:17 am 
WELFARIST!

emmalv wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:
Sciatica originating from the left side flares up sometimes after running. Helped a lot by this one yogic exercise I do that stretches the region but ongoing and chronic.".

Seitanicverses, I had a period in which I suffered from sciatica after running, and what really helped me was sitting on a tennis ball. :) A lot of times the sciatica nerve is pinched by a really tight muscle in your bum, the pirformis, and if you can kind of massage it out with a tennis ball it loosens up the pressure on the nerve. It hurts like all get out, but it worked for me, and it worked quickly.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Anx ... =yfp-t-656

For me, panic attacks. Although it is better since I quit smoking a few years ago.

Thank you for that tip. Imma try it. The sciatica is kind of a constant for me, like white noise in the background, but it's not debilitatingly bad (as it can be for some) just occasionally annoying and flares especially after treadmill running. And only on one side of my body. Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:30 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Olives wrote:
I have anxiety belly for no good reason. My anxiety belly has been giving me liquid poop and nausea. Yesterday, I was trying to force down the last of my coffee before work because I am addicted to caffine. This made my anxiety belly worse, which makes me cough (I cough when nauseated), one big cough caused an explosion of liquid poop in my new jeans. That's right. I'm a grown asparagus person and I pooped my pants. So I had to clean myself up, change and ride my bike really fast in the heat, while queasy to get to my (new job that I don't want to fork up) on time.

Talk about the worst way to start your day, ever! I hope you're feeling better soon, that super sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:39 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Eh.....I've got my stuff. My remaining eye has been losing peripheral vision and has been painful of late...I'm having digestive issues (latest development? rectal bleeding!). Lungs aren't super but it's my fault I damaged them....oh and the brain stuff. Oh and bunions.

But my body does a pretty fine job of working...I don't know, I feel guilty accusing it of betraying me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:23 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Kiddo wrote:
My body apparently thinks I never need to have sex again, seeing as how my sex drive tanked with my second pregnancy and has not returned after delivering that baby two years ago. Thanks sooooooo much, body!

This happened to me, but without the excuse of a kid. My body just decided about a year or so ago that it didn't really feel like having sex. I can still have sex and do to keep my husband happy (about once a week, but currently it's been about 3 weeks), but I don't really get much out of it and can't even remember the last time I had an orgasm (several months, at least). It sucks. I thought mid/early 30s was supposed to be when the sex drive is highest. But nope, not for me. My sex drive was highest when I couldn't get any. Now I pretty much have sex on tap and my body's like, meh.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:59 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Oh god, where to even begin. My body's response to stress is to flip out in awkward ways that just cause me more stress (way to go, body!), so...hair loss, eczema, panic attacks, extreme itching in awkward places, all sorts of fun. I have high blood pressure for absolutely no reason that anybody can explain, so every time I go to a doctor, they pretty much ignore any reason I might have come in there in the first place and yell at my about my blood pressure. I'm also shaped in such a way that I look like I'm pregnant 100% of the time, also for no reason that anybody can explain, so like, my arms and legs are pretty regular-sized for someone of my height, but my stomach looks like I'm smuggling a beach ball at all times. My eyesight has been deteriorating slowly my entire life. I have a deformity in my feet which causes me to injure myself when walking (or even just if I roll over the wrong way when sleeping...I have literally sprained my ankle in my sleep before because of this). I have a sleep disorder whereby I have absolutely no "regular sleep pattern" other than that I can't sleep for more than about 2-3 hours at a time and if the temperature changes while I'm sleeping I stop breathing and/or have night terrors and wake up freaking out. I'm allergic to all kinds of weird shiitake, like cat litter and laundry detergent and perfume.

I feel sure that I should be able to trade this body in for a better model. I used to try to do the whole "my body is great! I love my body!" thing but honestly at this point I don't love my body at all. I hate looking at it and I hate being in it, and I just don't feel like I can fix that with an attitude change or whatever. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:39 am 
She's No Isa Chandra!

I have a zit so monstrous, my chin is currently misshapen (also painful). And my face hasn't gotten the memo that I reached adulthood and continues to break out and reject prescriptions. And in general, my skin all over is hypersensitive to everything and reacts to sun, slight changes in weather or humidity, any unfamiliar product, with itching, rashes that last for weeks, and flaky dryness that hurts to the touch.

Seasonal (all the seasons) allergies.

Back/shoulder/neck pain from a variety of sources.

If I try to ride a bike if it's windy or a little bit cold outside, I get an intense earache and headache and have to lay down right away until it goes away.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:57 am 
Not NOT A Furry

AutumnVegan wrote:
I have a zit so monstrous, my chin is currently misshapen (also painful). And my face hasn't gotten the memo that I reached adulthood and continues to break out and reject prescriptions. And in general, my skin all over is hypersensitive to everything and reacts to sun, slight changes in weather or humidity, any unfamiliar product, with itching, rashes that last for weeks, and flaky dryness that hurts to the touch.

Seasonal (all the seasons) allergies.

Back/shoulder/neck pain from a variety of sources.

If I try to ride a bike if it's windy or a little bit cold outside, I get an intense earache and headache and have to lay down right away until it goes away.

I get this a little bit too, my ears and brain can't handle the cold, so I got earmuffs that slide into my helmet. It's a Nutcase helmet. This has helped a lot! I ride in rainy, windy, cold Oregon winters almost every day now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:38 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Well, first of there are the migraines! They are rotten and messed up.

Then there's the knees - apparently I have really bad knees and that basically makes it impossible for me to work out, and I actually really want to be able to run 2-3x a week, but no such luck..

I get THE WORST hangovers - yesterday I had a full 24-hours of throwing up EVERY SINGLE TIME I HAD A SIP TO DRINK. So obviously I couldn't drink, I couldn't eat and I threw up something like 15 times before I could actually manage to keep anything down.

And the allergies! Ugh. They suck. This time of the year I react a lot to grass pollen, which makes the other allergies even worse - which basically means that I can't hang out with anyone who have a furry friend at home, without me sneezing and feeling horrible.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:29 pm 
Saggy Butt

choirqueer wrote:
Oh god, where to even begin. My body's response to stress is to flip out in awkward ways that just cause me more stress (way to go, body!), so...hair loss, eczema, panic attacks, extreme itching in awkward places, all sorts of fun. I have high blood pressure for absolutely no reason that anybody can explain, so every time I go to a doctor, they pretty much ignore any reason I might have come in there in the first place and yell at my about my blood pressure. I'm also shaped in such a way that I look like I'm pregnant 100% of the time, also for no reason that anybody can explain, so like, my arms and legs are pretty regular-sized for someone of my height, but my stomach looks like I'm smuggling a beach ball at all times. My eyesight has been deteriorating slowly my entire life. I have a deformity in my feet which causes me to injure myself when walking (or even just if I roll over the wrong way when sleeping...I have literally sprained my ankle in my sleep before because of this). I have a sleep disorder whereby I have absolutely no "regular sleep pattern" other than that I can't sleep for more than about 2-3 hours at a time and if the temperature changes while I'm sleeping I stop breathing and/or have night terrors and wake up freaking out. I'm allergic to all kinds of weird shiitake, like cat litter and laundry detergent and perfume.

I feel sure that I should be able to trade this body in for a better model. I used to try to do the whole "my body is great! I love my body!" thing but honestly at this point I don't love my body at all. I hate looking at it and I hate being in it, and I just don't feel like I can fix that with an attitude change or whatever. :(

((Hugs)) Sorry to hear you feel like this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:53 pm 
WELFARIST!

Tinnitus.
Anxiety poops.
Arthritis in my right hand.
Ankle that I broke years ago has been suuuuper achey and weird lately, making me worry (unreasonably) that it's just going to randomly break again.
Also, no sleeps, ever.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:18 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ongoing right shoulder/neck crepe.
carpal tunnel in both hands/arms (i can't sleep for more than 4-5 hours without them falling asleep; this started when i became a massage therapist).
my metabolism sucks. hard.

but ya know, things could be worse - so i'll take what I've got!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:27 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

allularpunk wrote:
Tinnitus.
Anxiety poops.

I get both of these too! But I don't really mind the poops. The toilet is a safe haven from whatever I'm anxious about.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:26 pm 
WELFARIST!

vijita wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
Tinnitus.
Anxiety poops.

I get both of these too! But I don't really mind the poops. The toilet is a safe haven from whatever I'm anxious about.

I only mind if I'm at work or something. I actually end up feeling kind of...cleansed? All the poops are out, hooray! But still, having to go 5 times in a row can be a bit annoying.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next