| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: How is your body betraying you?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:56 pm 
***LIES!!!***

lutin wrote:
Update on glasses: I just did a vision test which said R -1.75, L -1.0 but the optician felt it wasn't a big enough change to merit new glasses (-0.5 per eye; the other numbers changed a bit, too, but he just wrote them down on paper for himself/didn't make a print). Instead, he said I should come tomorrow night at 8pm when he's there and we can do another test when my brain's more tired and then decide.

I've only had glasses for about a year, so the idea of "big enough changes" is new to me. Do other people with glasses have opinions? One thing is that if I can wait to January, insurance will pay 50%. If I buy new glasses now, I have to cover everything = about 400 euro's (doable, but letting insurance foot the bill is better, and they only buy new frames every 2nd year).

My optometrist has me get new glasses based on comfort. If you're not comfortable, it is time for a new script, whether he thinks it is a significant change or not. And sometimes the prescription I really need to change to for comfort is not exactly the prescription that the tests reveal as my exact prescription. Sometimes it is stronger, sometimes weaker. If you have issues with your eyes getting tired and not focusing together quite right, you could also try prisms in your glasses so your eyes don't have to work so hard. I started using prisms three or four years ago and just had the degree of prism reduced this year. The prescription in one of my eyes also reduced after being stable for several years. It isn't necessarily a straight line to eyes getting worse and worse.

That being said, 0.5 change sounds pretty significant to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:00 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

My prescription is super high and .5 makes a big comfort difference for me. I can only imagine the difference if it is a much larger % of change.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:17 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

.5 is a big difference for me as well. I can tell that my left eye has gone another .5 awry and that I need a new prescription. It's got to wait until my income is a little more steady, though. My prescription didn't change for years, and this means that my left eye has gotten 1 worse in the past 2 years. Lame.

My biggest body lament right now is that I apparently can no longer eat spicy things. My upper half can still handle the heat, but my lower half...oh boy. I first noticed a few weeks ago when I ate a bowl of very spicy salsa, then spent the next morning feeling it travel through my guts, inch by inch, until the poops started...and then I cramped for over an hour and had multiple diarrheas. It's been a little touchy here and there since then with some sort of hot stuff. Then last night I ate three spicy stuffed banana peppers for dinner and really forking paid for it this morning. I kept waking up through the night with abdominal cramps, then I had major ouchie poops all morning long, ending in a gush of...yuck and ouch.

I threw out the last of my leftover spicy peppers because it just isn't worth it. At least, not two days in a row. Stupid intestines! What the fork!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:32 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I need to go get a new eye exam too. I've been having a lot of trouble lately. My mom got me a new 32" TV for upstairs so I can watch science videos and Netflix, and I can't see the thing and it's only 7' away. I was trying to watch Khan Biology videos (taking bio teaching exam next week) and just got a huge headache. If I cover my left eye, it's a little better in some ways because my left eye is always too strained, but worse because my right eye vision is crappy.

I'm afraid that this can't be fixed though because I think the problem is more from my floating left eye and double vision issues than anything else, and there is nothing they can do for that (at least not that is affordable and likely to actually work).

Like I need more crepe to deal with right now. I also just had an eye exam in late November and just bought a new box of contacts last week.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:48 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

A couple of weeks ago, it felt like someone had punched me in my left breast for a couple of days. Like, it felt bruised? Not that achey, heavy feeling I get sometimes with PMS, something entirely different. I checked and didn't feel any lumps, so I didn't worry too much. Then a couple of days ago, I started getting these random stabby pains in the same breast. It really forking hurts. Since one of my grandmas had breast cancer, I was concerned. I don't have health insurance, so I just googled it (as one does). Turns out that breast pain is very rarely a sign of cancer, thank goodness. Then I read on, and my exact type of pain was described - a leading cause for it is stress.

Uh, yeah I'm stressed. Thanks, body. Leave my boobs alone.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:02 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

The AC at my parents house broke last week and it will be another week until it gets fixed. My body refuses to function in heat. I've suffered heat exhaustion every day and I'm currently having anger problems. I seriously think for than a day without AC in 90 heat is a fate worse than death.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:29 am 
And you never will.

I am inexplicably nauseated today. I have a ton of baking to do, but I keep getting super dizzy and have to sit down periodically. Not fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:44 am 
Married to the wolfman

I've switched to drinking less caffeine lately, going from two cups of full-caffeine coffee to one regular, one decaf. And concurrently, I have started sleeping terribly. There... can't be a relationship between these two things. It makes no sense.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:31 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i know that less is less than more, but decaf still has caffeine and i found when i had to switch (heart stuff a few years ago, which thankfully went away) that i ended up having the same reactions from decaf as i did from full-caff. i think psychosomatic power > caffeine power.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:37 am 
Nailed to the V

I have a really itchy rash on my neck and right arm. I have no idea where it came from but it comes and goes and itches like crazy. Driving me mad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:56 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I threw up and coughed so much yesterday that I burst a blood vessel in my eye. I look so sexy right now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:08 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Oh, Rosie. I hope you feel better soon - that sounds terrible!
I've had endless=continuous farts for about 10 days. The mr. and I laugh about it, but still.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:14 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

My migraine last night was terrifying. I had to have my dad (who understands the confusion and the fear of insanity) talk me down from it for hours. Then I had really confusing and warped dreams, and woke up feeling like someone had smashed my head against the wall.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:20 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm sorry Vijita. Migraines are the worst.

My medication makes me so shaky lately I had to ask the guy at the desk at the bank to write out my withdrawal slip. I would consider not taking it anymore but it works so well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:48 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I kind of feel like I'm getting another sty. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:28 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I think I have ringworm! Something new and exciting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:00 am 

double post, sorry

Last edited by Rosie on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:01 am 

lutin wrote:
Oh, Rosie. I hope you feel better soon - that sounds terrible!
I've had endless=continuous farts for about 10 days. The mr. and I laugh about it, but still.

Thanks, I'm feeling less sicky and the migraine is gone but I will have a blood covered eye for at least two weeks....yay.

Try chewing fennel to help with your farts :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:24 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i'm getting old! a killer workout yesterday, and today i can barely get out of bed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:59 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I have aches and pains every day (I am not a good sleeper and I sit at a desk all day) in my shoulders and neck.

Also, short-term memory loss is happening a little bit! It is very disconcerting.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:32 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Worst stinking cold I've had in decades. I went with Mr. Fenice to the hospital for a procedure, and I think I picked up some nasty, nasty virus while I was there. Sore throat for days, mucus-ripping coughing, painful sinuses, laryngitis, and today I woke up with conjunctivas in my right eye (which apparently can happen with colds -- who knew?). I knew I was run down, I knew I wasn't eating properly or exercising enough and apparently my body just had enough of this ill treatment and is reminding me of what I need to do. Okay, okay -- I get it!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:25 am 
Seagull of the PPK

I have been so sick this week- a long work week combined with some bloody frigging asparagus soup that was so full of cream and butter that i think even the one spoonful i had was enough to make me ill..... oh yes and there was all i drank on Friday when my work got done.... between stomach issues and hangovers... i`m getting so old that a hangover is now a three day event.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:31 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

torque wrote:
some bloody frigging asparagus soup

At first I thought this was the PPK filter (as in, that soup was awful, it tasted like asparagus) instead of soup made from the vegetable. Either way, it is kind of funny to read but sounds really unpleasant. Hope you feel better soon!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:08 am 
Seagull of the PPK

haha! it was made from asparagus-the-vegetable, but it sure did make my asparagus unhappy. thanks for the kind words, the extra beer helped, haha not really.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:04 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I started going to the gym 4 times a week instead of two times if I felt like it, and I developed armpit chafing from the seams in my shirts and the movement of the elliptical. Wonderful! The first week it didn't get that bad and after the three days off it was kind of gone, but the second week it got so bad that I put on a clean, tighter shirt at home and within five minutes had to take it off because it went from being irritated to being rubbed raw.

So far, the 'cure' that's worked is putting DIY body butter (mostly cocoa butter) on my armpits to keep them moist so the skin can't even rub against each other, and wearing nothing but tank tops. I don't sweat excessively so it's not the worst thing that i'm not putting on deodorant, but the smell of body butter + my armpits is REALLY weird.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next