| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: migranes and vertigo
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:52 am 
Tofu Pup

What is good to relieve migranes and vertigo, I have both? I was in a car accident last year and after the air bag hit me in the face, I was diagnosed months later with vertigo and migraines. The doctors are not totally sure. I have been an experiment for them. I have had weight loss, chills, dizziness, lost of balance, headaches, nausea, and dryheave. My medical tests have been good. The only thing they could come up with was that I had vertigo, migraines and possible low blood pressure.

Post subject: Re: migranes and vertigo
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:47 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I take verapamil as a migraine preventative-it's a blood pressure medication though so it might not be okay for you,depending on how low your pressure is. Mine is on the low side-(90/60) and I've been okay. I was getting painless migraines-vertigo, aura, nausea, numbness and fainting but no headache. I get headache ones too but the non headache ones were scary and what led to me being on verapamil. I also have Imitrex in case i have a breakthrough one but I rarely use it.

Post subject: Re: migranes and vertigo
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:04 pm 
Inflexitarian

I'm taking topamax and it helps, but the real help has been botox injections. I get vertigo migraines as well. Severe, like where the dizziness is so severe I can't see straight. I have not had a single episode since October when I started the injections. I occasionally get mild vertigo and the topamax helps that a lot.