| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: The I'm Sick Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:59 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Benign positional vertigo. Not too bad (I'm not nauseous) but very annoying!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:00 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

My throat has been swelling/itching the past couple days on and off along with the sniffles . . . seems like an allergy but hubby was sick last week and said he went through something similar. Alas - I guess I must suffer through

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm having the sore/thickly throat along with sniffles, a chinless, fatigue and cough. I'm ny working til Friday and all I did today was sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:57 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I took today off work because of a cold for the first time in TWO YEARS. ugghhh. I haven't even been sick with this kind of thing since last summer? june 2014?

I can't avoid it tomorrow, but I'm working 3p-1a and that is gonna HURT.

buhh I hate being sick!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

blondiefk wrote:
I'm having the sore/thickly throat along with sniffles, a chinless, fatigue and cough. I'm ny working til Friday and all I did today was sleep.

I'm not even sure what chinless was supposed to say. Sigh. I hate being sick.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:06 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

On top of my period starting today, I have thrown up twice. And I'm hungry but afraid to eat. Throwing up salad is unpleasant. Not that I'm planning on salad, but I'm just nervous because I tried broth and a bit of bread after the first time and threw that up, too. Not sure what I'll try next.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:30 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I've been speaking in coughs all week and desperately trying to find a day where I can just sit and do nothing, but it won't happen so I've been doing everything... gym, meetings, teaching, research, classes etch while wheezing and choking and hacking and apologizing for how gross I am. I sense that if I overslept I'd be fine, even if I just did it once, but this thing is killing my sleep too.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:24 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Everyone around me has been sick for weeks, the whole house, work, friends... this morning I coughed up a tiny ball and my sinus' are grumbly. I think the fight is over.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:01 am 
Tofu Pup

I am sooo sooo sick. I was visiting my friend Liz Wednesday and brought her OJ because she had a sore throat. And then last night (I work swings, graves, and doubles) during the second half of my double I started to get really really sick, sore throat, sore eyes. I only get four hours sleep when I work back to back doubles such as getting off yesterday morning and then coming back to work yesterday afternoon to work into this morning. And I'm soo soo sick now. so much sicker. I've almost thrown up a twice and passed out three times.

:(

It's three am.
I get off at six am on monday mornings. I want to go home and curl up and pass out for the next three days I have off.
I will say I do feel a little better than when I got here. But I still feel pretty badly.
I just wanted to whine a little bit.
I'm going to make some soup when I get up. Or home. I'm hungry. But I don't want the food I brought to eat. too spicy. no. I want my mommy. and a blanky. yeah.
three more hours.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:18 pm 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

Ugh, I have the flu and a low grade fever. Normally when feeling rundown I start on high doses of vitamin c and it usually nips most of it in the bud and I always keep dried elderberries around so I can make tea or a quick cold syrup. I only take OTC or RX meds when absolutely needed, or I'm just that sick that home remedies are too little too late. Now that I'm pregnant I can't take nearly as much vitamin c as I would otherwise so I'm just suffering while drinking lots of elderberry tea and drinking the syrup like its going out of style. I'm about to break down and buy some Tylenol and robitussin, two of the few things my midwife said I could take. :(

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:27 am 
Level 7 Vegan

That sucks VeganFoodRocks! I came down with what I think is the flu on Thursday night. Haven't had it in years! I'm living on the couch with a bottle of Tylenol (one of the only pain/fever meds I can take because of allergies). I'm supposed to fly to PDX tomorrow for business and my ticket is non-refundable. Ugh!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:25 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

VFR-I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats!

I left work early yesterday because I was feeling crappy. Headache, chills/way too hot (alternating, yay!) and GI discomfort. I took a nap, tried to go to sleep early but couldn't because alternately too HOT and then too COLD. I feel better today, but not great. My significant other is coming over in half an hour and I'm not dressed yet. I should work on that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:39 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm sick again. I keep getting sick all of the time and it got worse ever since I moved into this apt over a year ago. I'm so sick of being sick.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:04 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Not really "sick", but I've been having gallbladder attack and passing stones the past two days. I am moving and stressed, so worst timing ever, but I'm also being pretty unforgiveably neglectful of my body's needs. In case anyone's interested, eating most of a bag of pepperoncini flavoured kettle chips + same with mineral-oil rich strawberry licorice, and washing it down with citrusy tea is a surefire unintended gallbladder flush. Excellent, Smithers!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:00 am 
Total Hoover

Ugh. I have a cough/cold and feel rubbish. I just want to laze about and drink tea (and eat crisps and ice cream, neither of which I have in the house) but there are things I should get done to make tomorrow's work day easier for myself to get through. I didn't get much sleep last night because my itchy throat kept waking me up with silly coughing. Hope tonight goes better.

(I feel so sorry for myself and it's such a minor illness. It is silly.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:51 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I've got yet another cold n had a terrible nights sleep too. Here's to feeling better Green Duck!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:16 pm 
Total Hoover

Chickpea wrote:
I've got yet another cold n had a terrible nights sleep too. Here's to feeling better Green Duck!

Oh no; sorry that you're feeling ill. I hope you feel better! (I got a LOT worse but luckily had booked a few days holiday over the weekend. Had to cancel plans but at least I was able to rest and I feel like I'm finally starting to get better so should be spared the embarrassment of phoning in sick for 'just' a cold.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19