| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: The I'm Sick Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:33 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So, I'm still not well and my glands are huge. The doc thinks it could be strep (despite me not having a sore throat) and has put me on penicillin while we wait for the swab result.

Now I'm confusing myself because I have to take the pills two hours after food and one hour before, four times a day, and I can't figure out when on earth I can actually eat...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:16 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I hope you feel better soon, Vixki!

I am just starting to come down with a cold of some sort. Hopefully not a sinus infection, but I can sort of feel my sinuses right above my eyebrows, which does not bode well. I have crappy insurance (when I had to go to the doctor in November it covered $22 of the visit and a similar amount for the medication. not helpful) so I don't want to go to the doctor, but I also have the big annual fundraiser/auction for work on Saturday which means long days this week and I can't take a day off. And we are just starting to move, so it just is not a good time. I am overly tired, stuffy, my eyes are puffy, and I can't breathe out of my nose. Pull it together, body!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:14 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I'm so incredibly sick. Yesterday I was feeling significantly better and so stupidly decided to follow through on plans to take my 3 year old out for the day so that solipsistnation could do something else with the older kid. It wasn't wildly strenuous or anything, we walked about 2 miles all day at a super slow pace, broken up into little pieces.

By the end of the day, I was wrecked, my fever was back, etc, and today I'm still a mess. Still don't feel as bad as I did on day 2 (this is day forking 5) but come on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:35 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I've had a cold since Thursday, I think, and I overdid it yesterday because I felt slightly better, so now I'm dragging again and feel gross.

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:55 pm 
Saggy Butt

Stupid cold ... Have been sick since wednesday :( - but on the other hand my mother sent me some money so that I could get some GB data so that I can surf a bit and not only lie in bed - with my asthma should not do that otherwise I could get pneumonia :( ...
At first it was a most irritating nose (no fever no pain but a running nose and some throat ache) but the most horrid thing right now are the coughs which come in attacs - I can sit and do stuff for an hour or two and then it comes again ...

Several of my friends have on the other hand had influenza with around 40 degress Celsius fever and feeling ill for 2-3 weeks so I guess I should NOT complain ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:40 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Joining the sick club. I started to come down with something on Friday, was stressed to the max on Saturday, which probably made it worse...yesterday it was beautiful outside so I sat on my balcony in the sun all afternoon and drank a few beers. Mistake. I kept waking up all night, having horrible coughing fits, so I feel exhausted and sore from that, plus my sinuses are forked - runny nose, can't smell or taste anything, headache. I took off work early to go to bed, and I hope I feel better tomorrow. Luckily, I don't have much of a temperature. Last I checked it was 99°F.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:19 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Add me to the sick club too. I've been feeling wonky for three days now, but for most of the daytime I feel fine, so I just thought maybe my body was just quickly and casually fighting a lil thing. Of course the past few nights I've also had night-life plans that I went to. I probably shouldn't have! And Ive also been making out a lot with my crush. (He was well informed of my ails - but I still feel like I should have said no to spare him). Well, now it's also the last week of classes and I can't skip any of them. I'm having temperature fluctuations and keep waking up sweaty.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:41 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm on day 9. It sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:01 am 
Married to the wolfman

Thumbs down to all the recent entrants to the sick club. Hope you all feel better soon.

I think I'm starting to come back up out of it. Mostly now I'm just coughing, coughing, COUGHING. I woke up feeling more tired than when I went to sleep, and solipsistnation was like "oh yeah, probably because you were coughing constantly in your sleep... you seemed to be sleeping really soundly though!" It was the coughing that woke me up, I guess I slept through a lot of it.

Amazingly, my nose is still 100% clear. At no point in this illness has my nose been an issue! During the initial fevery phase, it felt kinda tight, but not runny or clogged. Thank fork for that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:47 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It's been nearly two months and my glands are still nice and big! I'm also getting blocked ears and nose pressure so maybe I just have a super long virus thing. It kinda sucks because I've spent almost all of 2015 unwell so far.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:07 pm 
Saggy Butt

Woke this morning to the /"&¤%#(¤%#¤#% combination of cough attacs and hiccups ... *sighs* ... coughing has taken away my voice again completely :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:55 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I think I ate some bad food. Nauseous, and not keeping anything down/in. I'd take the worst flu ever over a stomach bug any day.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:30 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have no idea what is wrong with me but there is something because I can't stay awake. 10 hours of sleep last night, 5 hour nap today and I am tired again now despite only being awake a grand total of 5 hours in the past 20. I've been so tired lately that I thought that I was depressed again. Gave my bf a fright too with how miserable I was the other day. But yep, it must be something physical because if it was my head then I wouldn't be sleeping.

I'm wondering do I have the virus that all my coworkers have just without all the other symptoms, just the tiredness.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:01 am 
Total Hoover

daisychain wrote:
I have no idea what is wrong with me but there is something because I can't stay awake. 10 hours of sleep last night, 5 hour nap today and I am tired again now despite only being awake a grand total of 5 hours in the past 20. I've been so tired lately that I thought that I was depressed again. Gave my bf a fright too with how miserable I was the other day. But yep, it must be something physical because if it was my head then I wouldn't be sleeping.

I'm wondering do I have the virus that all my coworkers have just without all the other symptoms, just the tiredness.

I've had something like that. I was knackered on Friday evening after a long day, got a good and very long sleep on Friday night but was still miserable and exhausted all Saturday- I thought if I forced myself to get up and moving I would feel awake, but I really didn't. Spent my few hours of awakeness fighting to keep moving and not to cry, even though I was with a lovely cheery-uppy person. Had to crawl into bed for a long nap after a few hours, force myself to get up for another hour or two and have dinner, then back to bed for a long night's sleep. Sunday was a lot better but I still needed a nap in the afternoon and an early night. Today (Monday) is better again. I am rather tired but will see how the day goes.

So hopefully yours will start getting better as well?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That is my usual pattern, just the past 3 weeks I am getting progressively more and more tired. I think I am just about to come down with something. I sneezed a bit today, my nose is starting to run a bit and my throat is kinda sore. There has been an awful virus going around at work that has struck everyone really bad except me. They have all been sick for a couple of weeks. So maybe I am just getting a very super slow developing one.

Either way, I'm going to arrange to get a heap of bloods done to see if there is another cause for it because it is unnatural how tired I am. I decided to do a quiz on drugs.com to see what possible explanations there could be for it. The conclusion was that I may have narcolepsy. That's the first time that the internet hasn't decided that I have something deadly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:12 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Sooo apparently my thermometer runs about a degree cooler than it should and I've had a low grade fever (37.5-38.5) every day for the last couple months. Along with my fatigue and neck pains my doc is doing a test for glandular fever/mono.

Doesn't help that I'm freaking out right now because fever is one of the things I'm pretty scared of :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:15 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Eek Vixki! I started getting a mild sore throat last night with a runny nose. I looked up glandular fever and apparently it is normally quite mild in adults.

I'm going to go to the GP on Thursday when I get paid because this tiredness has been going on for weeks and I am getting a bit fed up of it now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:23 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I hope everyone feels better soon!

I was up half the night puking. Mac & trees is not a good meal to throw up. Ugh. I feel like crepe and want to just remove my stomach for a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh gross. I bet it is awful! Bluergh! Hope you feel better soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:37 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've got an ear infection. And now the antibiotics are upsetting my stomach.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:42 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Larisa wrote:

How long is the script for? I have a friend who has been plagued with ear problems of various sorts for years, one has to chivvy him to make sure he takes ALL the medication the doc has prescribed ... perhaps your druggist can suggest something for the tummy upset ... ask him ...

hope you feel noticeably on the mend soon ...

Anne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:17 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I can't take tomorrow off for the doctor because there isn't enough staff. Saying that I was feeling not too bad today. I actually had energy. Until tonight.... I sat down and in comes the tiredness and flu like feeling again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:26 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

teacup wrote:
Larisa wrote:

How long is the script for? I have a friend who has been plagued with ear problems of various sorts for years, one has to chivvy him to make sure he takes ALL the medication the doc has prescribed ... perhaps your druggist can suggest something for the tummy upset ... ask him ...

hope you feel noticeably on the mend soon ...

Anne

Ten days. I'm going to go get some soy yogurt tomorrow, to help settle my stomach.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:55 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm really sick with a stomach bug. I can't eat anything and can barely drink without throwing it all up. I haven't gotten out of bed yet and my cats are starting to agitate for breakfast. But every time I stand up I feel nauseous.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:17 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Now entering week eight of bronchitis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next