| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The I'm Sick Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:27 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I hope everyone who is sick makes a speedy recovery. I have the flu for the second time since December. This is frustrating, I don't have time to be sick! I don't usually get sick this often, I think it may be stress related.

FLU HAIKU
fever cough headache
feel like a dying walrus
need bucket of tea

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:48 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

bunniee wrote:
FLU HAIKU
fever cough headache
feel like a dying walrus
need bucket of tea

LOVE IT!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:57 am 
Member type 4

Sick, but it's my own fault, and I'm not going to explain it, but I got into stupid crepe and now I'm dealing it. I haven't slept in DAYS... can't be bothered to eat, and this antsy restless feeling through my body is forking relentless. I am a moron. I hope I learned my lesson, but I probably haven't.

No pity requested, I just need to bisque to someone/something. fork me, this sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:58 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

i woke up with a sore throat! this is bullshiitake. my sister is flying in today. sad. i dont feel sick otherwise though, but still bullshiitake.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:21 am 
Chip Strong

head cold, runny nose, sore throat. I'm supposed to going to NYC for a long weekend but that requires a lot of energy and stamina. If I don't get better quick, I may have to cancel = bitter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:10 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I can totally relate to all - stupid sore throat, stuffed up and runny nose at the same time - those are fun! And a huge headache from coughing my head off. I spent the entire weekend moping in my bed, and drank about 10 gallons of fluids which didn't really seem to help. Boo to being sick, I. Hate. It. Oh well, hope you are all feeling better soon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:34 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

NonoNOOOO!! One of my coworkers has been super sick for almost two weeks and I think he gave me his sick. nooooo.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:34 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

It's my spring break and what happens? FLU. Headhache to make me want to throw up, cough, sore throat, fever of 103.5 with flip flopping chills/sweat-fests, and no sleep :( It's my break and I'm supposed to be having fun! And doing my taxes. Two days on the couch does not jive well with my usually constantly moving body.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:42 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

mel b wrote:
It's my spring break and what happens? FLU. Headhache to make me want to throw up, cough, sore throat, fever of 103.5 with flip flopping chills/sweat-fests, and no sleep :( It's my break and I'm supposed to be having fun! And doing my taxes. Two days on the couch does not jive well with my usually constantly moving body.

Oh no, Mel! I'm sorry! If you need some movie recommendations let me know! <3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:40 pm 
Member type 4

My stomach is killing me and it's a complete mystery. Barfing up stomach acid before going to work and then being afraid of puking on the subway is not the way I like to start my morning.

Ouch. A lot. Relentless.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:39 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Everyone, I feel your pain(s).

I have been sick on and off for about two months now. Maybe even longer than that. It's getting to the point where I'm sleeping for all but a few hours on the weekends. I slept all day Monday and skipped classes today because...bleh.

My NP thinks it might be mono. I've never had mono before and am afraid to look it up on WebMD.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:41 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Just made a HUGE pot of vegetable soup and ate two bowls. I'm drifting off to sleep now...hopefully I feel better in the morning.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:24 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I am sending you all "get well" wishes. I have been sick off and on every weekend! I think my IBS is to blame, but then I get fatigued muscles and dizziness/vertigo. It is scary!
I can't wait to see my new PCP in a week.
And now my co-worker has a severe stomach flu (or she's pregnant.) I hope the preggers, so I don't catch her sickness. When I get the stomach flu, it lasts for almost a month, and I usually don't lose weight because I scarf down so many Saltines.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:25 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I have tonsillitis-or-possibly-glandular-fever. Bah.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:10 pm 
Chip Strong

still stick so no NYC, no Pogues, no candle 79 and kate's joint.
I am so bummed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:39 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I have a cold. And my nose and eyes are on fire.

But I will still think lots of happy healing thoughts for y'all.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:06 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I've been sick since friday. Passed out twice on saturday and spent the whole day at the hospital due to loss of blood from the head. And then I passed out again on sunday. Plus I have headache, runny nose, cough and can't eat nothing but oatmeal, cereal and blueberry soygurt and pasta with ketchup. Can't even drink water without wanting to puke. I hate this. As soon as I get my appetite back I'm gonna make a big lasagna to help me regain some weight.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:20 pm 
Impressive boner

It sounds like everyone has got a similar virus at the moment.
I've been sick since last Thursday. I've been through fevers, exhaustion, aching muscles, headaches and a nasty cough. Now I'm grappling with nasty sinus congestion, chest and stomach pains.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:01 pm 
Can ride a bike, drink a Blue Sky, and eat some Stonewall's all the same time (bad ass)

I'm sick again. I got really sick last month and it lasted almost 2 weeks. Then right after that I was having stomach issues for a week. Now this month I'm sick with a cold but this time it feels worse. I've been taking Emergen-C and it's not helping. I called in sick yesterday, and I have to go in today even though I'm not feeling much better and I can't afford to take another day off. My face is still dripping and I'm coughing up mucus bombs. On top if it all my eczema is flaring up on my hands, probably because my immune system is all wacky. *cries* I feel like such a wreck. I just want to feel healthy again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:07 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Oh Shiitake wrote:
I'm sick again. I got really sick last month and it lasted almost 2 weeks. Then right after that I was having stomach issues for a week. Now this month I'm sick with a cold but this time it feels worse. I've been taking Emergen-C and it's not helping. I called in sick yesterday, and I have to go in today even though I'm not feeling much better and I can't afford to take another day off. My face is still dripping and I'm coughing up mucus bombs. On top if it all my eczema is flaring up on my hands, probably because my immune system is all wacky. *cries* I feel like such a wreck. I just want to feel healthy again.

I hope you get well soon, that sounds miserable. I'm sick again too. I was getting over the flu and now have a cold or maybe another flu bug.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:41 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I've had a swollen throat that makes me feel like gagging all the time for almost two weeks. Breathing can also get fairly uncomfortable. I went to urgent care last week, he told me my throat wasn't red (after I said 8 times that it wasn't sore) to come back if it gets worse, and to drink a lot. Seriously? I didn't have to go in for that. They also did a mediocre strep test (I am bad at them when I'm NOT already feeling like gagging. I nearly barfed on the nurse and she bitched at me for not sitting still long enough) which was negative. I have a physical with my GP on Monday cause I need a TB test so I'll ask her about it if I'm still uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:51 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Chris gave me the plague that's making the rounds in Portland and, while he was pretty miserable for a few days, I've been sick for a week and now I have bronchitis and it forking suuuuuucks. Also, because Chris is sick, he's been snoring like a chainsaw and not even earplugs are helping me sleep, so I'm not getting any better. I finally when to the urgent care clinic last night because I was so short of breath just walking the three blocks home from the bus I thought I was going to pass out. I have an inhaler now to help with the wheezing and hopefully I'll get some sleep this weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:05 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

what the fizzle!! I felt 100% great yesterday, then had a 1/2 hour nap in the late afternoon, and woke up with that scratchy little feeling in the back of my throat. It's moved so quickly, now I have full on throat pain, stuffy nose, fuzzy head. I suppose I was bound to get this as everyone around here seems to have it. Oh well, I'm going to keep on taking the oil of oregano, echinacea and zinc...see if it helps.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:27 am 
Can ride a bike, drink a Blue Sky, and eat some Stonewall's all the same time (bad ass)

BluePlasticStraw wrote:
Chris gave me the plague that's making the rounds in Portland and, while he was pretty miserable for a few days, I've been sick for a week and now I have bronchitis and it forking suuuuuucks. Also, because Chris is sick, he's been snoring like a chainsaw and not even earplugs are helping me sleep, so I'm not getting any better. I finally when to the urgent care clinic last night because I was so short of breath just walking the three blocks home from the bus I thought I was going to pass out. I have an inhaler now to help with the wheezing and hopefully I'll get some sleep this weekend.

My boyfriend had to poke me to wake me up the other night because of my breathing. I apologized for snoring (I normally don't snore and I felt bad for keeping him up all night) and he said it wasn't really snoring, it was really heavy breathing. He said it sounded like Darth Vader, right in his ear.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:28 am 

Hope everyone is feeling better today! I'm making a slow recovery...my eczema is even mellowing out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next