| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The I'm Sick Thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:26 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I still haven't got my appetite back. It makes me scared, I'm losing weight and feel tired.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:38 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Came home sick from work today. I felt like I was going to topple over because I was so dizzy and nauseous. My mouth started salivating like crazy, like I was going to throw up, but I never did. Ugh. The worst part is that my job is really not cool about people leaving early, so I feel guilty about that, too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:12 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i woke up and feel like i am becoming sick. sore throat, feeling achy all over,sort of dizzy and unable to focus.

i hope i will be able to cure it with some of my magical drink!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:49 am 
Ninja Master

I feel like I have the beginnings of tonsilitis. Sore through, cotton wool head, feeling hot and uncomfortable, headache... I'm going to the docs today to try and get penicillin before it gets worse!!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:53 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

baps wrote:
I feel like I have the beginnings of tonsilitis. Sore through, cotton wool head, feeling hot and uncomfortable, headache... I'm going to the docs today to try and get penicillin before it gets worse!!

Sure it's not an extended hangover??

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:25 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

6 days. just came home from the doctor's office, apparently it's just a vicious cold. ugh.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:09 am 
Ninja Master

Efcliz wrote:
baps wrote:

Sure it's not an extended hangover??

haha yeah.

Doc says there's no infection, yet anyway, so wouldn't give me anything but said to go back if it develops. So I have spent most of today watching supernatural, popping paracetamol and drinking a craptonne of water.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:01 am 
Dildo Queen

i know i've been posting about this all over the place, but it's so awful! i have strep throat. it's now my 2nd day with meds, so i'm hoping that by tonight i'll feel at least a bit better. i am craving water like a mother hubbard but i can't really drink it because it hurts to swallow. yesterday all i ate was ice cream (not as awesome as it sounds) so this morning i choked down half a bagel and an orange. my lymph nodes are forking huge and ughhhhhhh i just want to be able to sleep and swallow again.

-_-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:03 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I've been sick for like 2 weeks. I think I might finally be getting better. Being tired all the time stinks, and so does having stuffed up sinuses.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:40 pm 
Impressive boner

I've had something like static in my vision for weeks. I'm tired, off food, thirsty, have to get up in the night to pee, I've started getting acne (I've never had acne in my life. 31 doesn't seem like a good age to start.), mood swings, brain 'fog', difficulty concentrating and occasionally feeling slightly drunk/drugged. I'm not taking any regular medication so it's not a side effect. I've felt this a few times before but not with the 'static' in my vision.

I've always had darker skin near folds such as under my arms which is a symptom of insulin resistance, so naturally I'm wondering if it might be diabetes related. My Dad developed type 2 diabetes about a decade ago.

I'm seeing the doctor on Thursday to talk about it. UK doctors don't analyze blood or other samples for everything all at once so it could be a long process working out what this is. I've had blood analyzed for up to two things at a time and it can take around 8 weeks to get the results back.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:57 pm 
Impressive boner

It's got slightly weirder... I've totally gone off cauliflower and broccoli which I've always loved. I had a take-it-or-leave-it thing with mushrooms for years but now the thought of them makes me gip. I've tested and I'm not pregnant. What the fork?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:48 pm 
Dildo Queen

i'm feeling okay. my throat doesn't hurt anymore, i just feel dizzy and nauseous when i stand/try to move around too much. by monday, i'll probs be 100%. last night was my first night back to normal sleeping pattern - went to bed at 2, woke up at 10 this morning. felt so good to realise i'd slept so long!

and tonight i ate some real food. so now i feel like a million bucks. but all i want to do is sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:44 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I have a stomach bug on top of a hangover. I feel like, any moment now, I'm going to poo myself inside out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:01 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I'm sick. I felt bad last night and 1/2 way through the night took my temp and it was 102. I gave up on sleep so I am awake and miserable.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:36 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

semiautomatic wrote:
i know i've been posting about this all over the place, but it's so awful! i have strep throat. it's now my 2nd day with meds, so i'm hoping that by tonight i'll feel at least a bit better. i am craving water like a mother hubbard but i can't really drink it because it hurts to swallow. yesterday all i ate was ice cream (not as awesome as it sounds) so this morning i choked down half a bagel and an orange. my lymph nodes are forking huge and ughhhhhhh i just want to be able to sleep and swallow again.

-_-

dude. i was on the verge of strep last week (this happens to me every year, so i'm sure i know what it feels like), and i experienced an herbal miracle. i hope you're better already, but i'll share it here anyway because i'm so pumped that it worked: grapefruit seed extract (just about 3 drops 2x a day in a big glass of water), vitamin c, gargle with salt water and cayenne, and hot water with lemon. i was feeling better in about 3 days. and on the ice cream. whoa, buddy. dairy is not good for you when you've got throat stuff going on. neither is sugar. i hope you're talking about some kind of sugar free gelato or something. anyway, feel better! poor boo boo.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:47 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

Bleh, I am joining you in this thread. I am all snuffly, sore head, sore throat, I can't hear properly and I feel so tired. And I have work tomorrow. On a Saturday!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:40 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I have a fever out of nowhere. I'm supposed to go 200 mi away tomorrow for my husband's cousin's wedding. I think he's going to have to go on his own, but I don't want him to leave me alone and sick! Though really I know I'll be fine. What the heck did I do when I lived alone? Took care of my own sorry asparagus, that's what.

The only person I can blame for this is my co-worker. Her daughter was puking on Monday, then her son was on Wednesday night, and she was feeling sick yesterday and today but was at work because we have a grant deadline. I haven't known anyone else to be sick, so maybe it's some weird virus.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:56 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Being too sick to sleep is doubly cruel. I want this blinding headache to go away, but anything I take is going to lower my temperature, and I'm trying to let the fever burn off the germs. Argh.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:50 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have the worst cold. All I want to do is sleep and cough.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:28 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I am so run down it's not funny. I've been doing way too much for someone still recovering from glandular fever, and not sleeping enough or eating properly... and now I've had a sore throat for days and I have a mouth ulcer and my nails keep tearing... I was planning on taking it easy for the next couple of days to recover, but somehow I've been roped into working 20 hours in the next two days... :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:01 pm 
Dildo Queen

pinecone wrote:
dude. i was on the verge of strep last week (this happens to me every year, so i'm sure i know what it feels like), and i experienced an herbal miracle. i hope you're better already, but i'll share it here anyway because i'm so pumped that it worked: grapefruit seed extract (just about 3 drops 2x a day in a big glass of water), vitamin c, gargle with salt water and cayenne, and hot water with lemon. i was feeling better in about 3 days. and on the ice cream. whoa, buddy. dairy is not good for you when you've got throat stuff going on. neither is sugar. i hope you're talking about some kind of sugar free gelato or something. anyway, feel better! poor boo boo.

wow, thanks for the tips! the ice cream i had was non-dairy, but honestly, it was all i could swallow, and i found it very soothing. i'll write down your remedies though and keep them for my next sore throat. cayenne with salt water sounds nice; sometimes plain salt water makes me gag.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:01 pm 
Dildo Queen

so i get over strep and a week later my bf contracts a cold from his brother, and passes it onto me. well...i am just beginning to feel a little sniffly, but i know i can kill this shiitake before it really starts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:52 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I just want to stop cough long enough to go to sleep. My inhaler isn't doing shiitake, if not making things worse, and I just finished my last cough drop from the last time I was sick. I even left work today cause of my coughing. And it's sooo painful.

I also don't understand why I keep getting sick. This is probably the fourth time this year, and before I got sick in February, I hadn't been sick since Jan 2010. mehhhhhh

I need a serious gift of cough medicine.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:05 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Aren't I too old to be getting ear infections? This is absurd.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Blah, I've woken up with a stupid cold. I've been fighting it off all week by drinking my weight in green tea at work, so of course it hits me on the weekend. I was supposed to make jiaozi and vegan Peking duck for a Chinese dinner/movie night tonight, but I don't want to infect everyone. I think I'll still make the dumplings and just eat them all myself while moping.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next