| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The I'm Sick Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:21 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I have a cold or something and feel like crepe. I came home sick from work and wish I had the energy to make some food, but I really don't. I have just been snacking on crepe and it's not making me feel any better. I feel like a big ball of gross.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:50 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Upset stomach, headache, passed out on the couch for several hours both last night and this afternoon. Still have to go to work tonight. Bleh.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:59 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

My husband had what we hoped was food poisoning on Sunday. It hit him so fast, but he was pretty much fine by Tuesday morning. Tuesday night...BAM! It hit me too. All of a sudden I was so achy and everything hurt. My brother, who was visiting us and driving us insane, came down with it too and ended up having to stay an extra day. Ugh...still feeling tired and just wiped out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:51 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Hello, diarrhea and nausea. I missed you so much...I love hearing the liquids swish through my intestines and standing in the kitchen being unsure which end I need to prepare for. Too bad I can't not be at work tomorrow, that would be too convenient.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:03 pm 
Like Anal, But Backwards

I woke up yesterday with a really high temperature and really bad aching all through my body. It was really scary because I had never got like that. I actually Google-d meningitis symptoms (don't do that!).

I'm alright now, just have a really sore throat.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:11 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Ick. Super sicky stomach this am, in waves. Feeling better this afternoon but not 100%. Hope it doesn't come back.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:40 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

my sickness is kinda heavy
ive got migraines, possibly from a Chiari malformation i got, and possibly MS, and during testing for the ms today, my legs got weak and painful. they've done this before too, but never triggered by a test(but extreme labor before, yes)
im a tad scared, but episodes go within a day.
i dont know any meds strong enough to quell the pain though so today has been...fun...
hope the rest of you are doing good! :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:02 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I've been having little tidbits of cold symptoms for the past week, kinda sore throat one day, coughing/sneezing another day, blowing my nose a lot another day... but never culminating into anything much more than annoyances. But yesterday I start getting pain in the left side of my jaw that feels similar to when I had an infected wisdom tooth (Tooth is not there anymore though). I'd say it could be a tooth thing but the pain starts there and continues down into my throat like a sore throat. Think jaw pain could be just because it's close by to the sick throat/lymph nodes? Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:57 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Peritonsillar (tonsil) abscess!!! Funny how even though my tooth abscess was almost a decade ago I totally called that this felt similar!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:33 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ugh, bummer. One time I had a yeast infection in my tonsils. It was the worst. But that sounds even worse than that. My sympathies.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I've been battling this damn cold since Friday, and it's not getting any better. I'm concerned that it'll settle in to my chest with how much I'm coughing now.

Today is being dedicated to taking it easy in hopes of getting better.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:05 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I've had the flu for a week. I am not amused. For the past couple days, the fever, aches, chills, etc. all died down. Now it's just like a really bad cold. MAKE IT STOPPP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:54 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

oddspongeout wrote:
I've had the flu for a week. I am not amused. For the past couple days, the fever, aches, chills, etc. all died down. Now it's just like a really bad cold. MAKE IT STOPPP

I'm on day 13 and I was good for most of the day but it's fading back in with the violent sneezing again. what the fizzle crazy flu? Of the 13 days I've had sinus pain dissolve into migraines at least 7 days. HELL.

feel better everyone!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:28 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I was feeling better this morning, but now I'm all blergh again and I have to work tomorrow. Reading about all the terrible flu and sickness symptoms in this thread is freaking me out!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:20 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I vomited yesterday evening. A lot. I'm still nauseous today and have cramps.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:51 pm 
Nailed to the V

I have had a cold for about twelve days with a bad cough that makes it hard to breathe. The coughing is getting better, slowly. But today my old friend sinusitis showed up!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:51 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

amonik wrote:
I have had a cold for about twelve days with a bad cough that makes it hard to breathe. The coughing is getting better, slowly. But today my old friend sinusitis showed up!

THIS is the flu, I do believe. This year, anyway. The sinusitis is killing me. I'd like to have a day where I can't feel the snot shifting through my face.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:12 pm 
Nailed to the V

appifanie wrote:
amonik wrote:

THIS is the flu, I do believe. This year, anyway. The sinusitis is killing me. I'd like to have a day where I can't feel the snot shifting through my face.

I don't have the flu- no fever, and my coughs just often get real bad because of asthma. I'm sorry you have it!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:58 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I think I have the flu: this is my second day of alternating between freezing to death/boiling alive. Every single limb feels as if it weighs a ton, my ears hurt, my head hurts and my throat feels like it has been sandpapered. Woe is me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:48 pm 
She's No Isa Chandra!

I got strep on Christmas Eve and my body was resistant to the first antibiotics I tried, so this is lasting at least twice as long as it should. I'm no longer contagious, but I hope I stop feeling crappy after today because tomorrow I have to work, then leaving for vacation!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

At least the fact that I can't talk today saved me from going out into the freezing rain?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:01 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

I've managed to hold up pretty well through the holidays (which in practice meant 7 people, 3 cats, and 1 (perfect) dog in my house, with the shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc., that entails, and hosting Xmas day and NYE, all while getting my son's college applications in, writing and submitting an overdue article review, and a bunch of other stuff). Yesterday my partner drove to Toronto for a short visit to his folks, and I was looking forward to a little quiet time, so of course I have to get sick: stuffy nose, sore throat, stupid head, sinus pain, sneezing, body aches, etc. And the cherry on the cupcake is that we're going to Chicago on Thursday for the MLA conference (my partner is a medievalist and his university is hiring; I'm going along to hear papers, see friends, and schmooze), and I'm already feeling wiped out at the idea of even putting on pants.

UGH. I dragged myself out and bought some of that Zi-Cam stuff today on the off chance it might help. Has anyone here had experience with it? And can you please send non-snotty vibes?

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:29 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

There has been some kind of virus going around, and I was so happy that I was the one person who never got it. Well, guess what! Earlier this week, I was really tired and kind of congested. Not too bad. Then yesterday, I felt warm, and I knew something was up because it was 10 degrees outside and everyone else was freezing. I was kind of enjoying being nice and warm. Then last night I woke up in the wee hours of the morning completely burning up. I was drenched in sweat and my skin was burning hot to the touch. I was still half asleep and confused, and all I knew was that I was horribly hot and wanted to go someplace cool. I dragged myself out of bed and was stumbling around the house until I woke up enough to realise that I was hot because I had a fever, and that I should probably get back in bed.

When I woke up again this morning, the fever had broken, but I still felt so gross and tired that I had to call in sick. Now I have a pounding headache and I just want to sleep and sleep and sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:35 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Well, I very rarely get sick, but I had this bizarre experience last night where I got a fever all of a sudden. I was just sitting outside on the grass, on the phone to a friend, and when I hung up and stood up I had the tell-tale achy joints and sensitive skin I get when a fever is coming on or when I have the flu. Within about an hour I was curled up on my bed shaking uncontrollably. It got worse, and apparently I was burning up. Then all of a sudden it stopped and I felt like I might be sick (so I was thinking at this point it might be food poisoning, although goodness knows what from), and then that eventually faded and I just felt tired and gross and went to sleep for a bit. I think I woke up a couple of hours later and felt fine except for really tired and a bit achy - fever was gone, I didn't feel nauseous anymore, wasn't shaking.

I woke up this morning completely fine except a bit tired. So weird! I have no idea what that was all about but I'm glad it was so short-term. I've never heard of getting sick like that for such a brief period of time, though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:10 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Ugh, I feel awful. I'm going to have to phone in sick for tomorrow; I don't have the energy to do a simple little task like loading the washing machine without a break to rest so there's no way I'll manage a 10-hour work day. And yesterday it was difficult enough to finish a personal care task without dripping snot all over the patient, or having to stop to blow my nose (which involves stopping, taking off my gloves and washing my hands, blowing my nose, washing my hands again, putting on clean gloves and continuing with the task. So not ideal if you have someone who is, er, reluctant to cooperate and is annoying and time consuming even if there isn't that problem.)

But I feel stupid phoning in sick for just a cold. I think I'm probably rather infectious, so it's my duty not to expose myself to the frail people I work with, but it sounds as though I'm being pathetic and skiving.
This is very unlikely to be flu- I got the flu vaccination in the autumn so it'd have to be some rare or new strain. 'Feverish colds' are a thing, right ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next