| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The I'm Sick Thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:15 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I just now have gotten over a crazy flu. It went into my eyes, people. It went into my eyes. Achy joints, fever, horrendous cough, and then one day I woke up with what I thought was conjunctivitis - saw an ophthalmologist, and NOPE, virus migrated to the eyeball region. Not. Cool.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:58 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

It's surprisingly satisfying watching TV characters having the flu when you have a cold.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:10 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm sick. You're sick. Everyone I know is sick.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:19 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I have been sick all week with the flu and it's been pretty horrible. All week last week I was coughing and felt like I had a cold, and on saturday night it became a full on high fever, muscle pain, leg cramps, cold sweat, achey joints-flu and all day sunday I couldn't get out of bed. Monday I went to the doctor because my lung function was so bad that I was worried I had pneumonia (luckily I didn't). Monday and tuesday, all I could do was to stay in bed and watch crappy tv shows while moving in and out of sleep all day and then sleep for 14+ hours at night. Today is definitely better and mid-day I was able to go out and run some errands (that I absolutely had to) and then I walked home and felt mostly okay, but now.. Ugh. I feel like I'm getting a fever again. And I really really really need to go to school tomorrow at some point. Hopefully I can go tomorrow night-ish, so the place mostly empty and I won't make everyone sick. Most people don't give a shiitake whether they're contagious when they go back, but I feel kind of like a crasshole for it, even though I know that there is no way around it.

Oh well, as a positive note: I haven't smoked for 4 full days. And I don't even really want to. Best kickstart to quitting smoking ever?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:16 pm 

alice1drland wrote:
I just now have gotten over a crazy flu. It went into my eyes, people. It went into my eyes. Achy joints, fever, horrendous cough, and then one day I woke up with what I thought was conjunctivitis - saw an ophthalmologist, and NOPE, virus migrated to the eyeball region. Not. Cool.

Woah woah woah woah- WHAT?
Are you ok? I've never heard of that happening. Ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:01 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Head cold from hell.

Blew a giant snot bubble while teaching a network class. Sooooo professional.

shiitake.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:35 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Padraigin wrote:
Blew a giant snot bubble while teaching a network class. Sooooo professional.

Oh dear. Maybe no one noticed?

I am really sick (no pun intended!) of this never-ending cold. I have zero energy and am so congested. I go to work in the morning, and then I have no energy for anything else. I feel really bad for my dog because I can't walk her like I usually do. On the days when I do feel good enough to take her out, we only go about a block before I'm winded and coughing up phlegm. The house is dirty, the yard is dirty, I need to go shopping, but I'm just blahhhhh.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:06 am 

GreenDuck wrote:
alice1drland wrote:

Woah woah woah woah- WHAT?
Are you ok? I've never heard of that happening. Ugh.

Yes, and apparently Bob Costas has the exact same thing! It's basically the same symptoms as conjunctivitis, but it's not a bacterial infection, so it couldn't be treated with anything - no antibiotics, any drops, no NOTHING. I'm just now getting over it, and it's been more than a week. I'm now referring to my episode as the Zombie Flu.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:17 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

After managing to not even get a bad cold this winter, I am officially sick. I have a fever, a horrible sinus headache, and my ears feel stuffy and hurt. Plus I am majorly sleep deprived, which isn't helping. Next week is finals week, so I am considering buying a million packets of Emergen-C and drinking my weight in it everyday in an attempt to be better by Saturday.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:52 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

My blood donation is now on hold because I'm sniffling so much with a headache and fatigue. If my symptoms don't develop into anything more than a cold then they will use it. Otherwise it will get dumped.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:53 am 

I was woken up by a sore and kind of wobbly feeling stomach. It is reminding me of the first stage of the time I got terrible food poisoning. It had better not develop into that! And I wish I could feel better. It's my day off but I'm working tomorrow and I was going to garden and cook, my house is a mess and I want to properly enjoy any lazing about I do, not curl up in pain like I am now.

I've taken an indigestion relief mixture and am drinking mint and fennel tea. Lets hope that helps.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:57 pm 

Ow, ow, ow, ow. I'm really tired of this terrible pain which won't go away.
Spoiler: show
It has made me throw up twice, but not for a few hours, and last time I had something that felt similar I threw up nine times, so... yay? that it's not as bad as that.

I'm going to go to the doctor and check it isn't an allergy or something. It probably isn't anything exciting like appendicitis since the last time I felt like this was in November and the time before that was the January before, but it does seem to be a recurring thing, it's blimmin' horrible and I don't know what to do to feel better.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:10 pm 
Impressive boner

Where is the pain located? That you're being sick makes me wonder if it's gallstones.

I'm coming down with a cold! I think I caught it off my friend when I saw her at the weekend. Lovely to see her but boo to colds!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:03 pm 

Colds are so annoying! And we think of them as being so minor, and often they are, but then you get a cold which completely knocks you for six.

The pain is high up- higher than womb pain or bowel discomfort, but just below my diaphragm/chest. I think it is my actual stomach. It is not on one particular side or anything. I seem to be on the mend now.
Full story in case anyone is super-bored or fascinated, and so I can moan (but there are some disgusting details):
Spoiler: show
I woke up feeling fine but hungry at 7am. Had breakfast, read my book for a while then went back to sleep, which is fairly normal for me on a day off when I want to be lazy. Breakfast was oats and raisins soaked overnight in soya milk (that I don't think has gone off or anything), with a spoonful of chopped flax seeds mixed in, and a cup of mint tea. Then I had a few dates and two teaspoons of cashew butter because I was feeling greedy.
Read my book in bed for a little while, was a bit sleepy and went back to sleep, feeling fine.
Woke up at about 10 am with an uncomfortable, sore-ish stomach. Thought it might be indigestion from eating fatty cashew butter when I was already reasonably full. Rolled over and dozed off again.
Pain got worse. Couldn't lie still in bed hugging a hot water bottle, couldn't do anything useful. Took some Gaviscon and sat in a chair watching comedy to try and distract myself, sipping mint and fennel tea.
Pain got worse, was definitely feeling sick. Feeling a lot more sick when standing up than when sitting or lying with knees up to my chest. Got a big bowl ready in case.
Felt so bad that I kind of wanted to be sick, in the hope that the pain and nausea would go away (which is a big thing for me because I have a real fear of vomiting. I hate it, hate the idea of it and HATE seeing or hearing others do it, including on tv.)
Still feeling awful, but still body won't actually throw up. Remembered that dry crackers or toast are supposed to be good for settling the stomach. The only bread like thing I have in the house is an onion bagel, so I defrost that in the microwave and eat it. Doesn't help. Continue trying to distract myself on the computer, drinking hot water with a dash of lemon juice in.
Throw up (all - and it is a lot- in the bowl, no mess, yay.) and do my thing of carefully washing hands, wash face, rinse mouth, gargle water to rinse throat etc.- I couldn't drink water without loads of mouth/throat washing; the idea is too disgusting. Trying to clean out my nose is more difficult. I can't blow it all out, so I try sniffing it back to spit it out any do plenty more rinsing. Ugh, ugh, turns out there were breadcrumbs and tiny onion pieces and I sniffed too forcefully and they hit the back of my throat ugh ugh ugh!
Finally got myself feeling clean enough, got the bowl ready again and went to bed as the pain was coming back again with a vengeance. Took a paracetamol (didn't make feel noticeably worse but didn't help either) and tried to remember to keep taking sips of liquid.
After a while was sick again, got cleaned up, went back to bed. Hugging a hot water bottle and wriggling my feet around because of pain. Too distracted to read. After a while the pain started dulling and I could doze, though I did keep being aware of pain. Then got the idea that maybe I wanted some frozen pudding (I had no ice lollies) so put a tub of pudding in the freezer. Went back to dozing for a while.
Got up and slowly ate frozen pudding. Not feeling sick but definitely feeling sore. Continued to mess around on the computer; marvelled at how I seemed to be feeling a bit better.
At about 7.30 - 8 pm, was sick for the third time. But, for the first time I actually felt better afterwards. Sat at the computer, hugging a hot water bottle, sipping ginger tea (sliced fresh ginger steeped in hot water). Did seem to be getting better. After a while thought I might be hungry, but too scared too act on it so continued with the ginger tea.
Realised I definitely was hungry and made some instant noodles. Slowly ate them (started at 9.45 and now at 11 pm 'm still working on that one bowl.) They seem to be staying down. My stomach still feels kind of sore, but some of that might be sore muscles from retching. I don't think I feel sick anymore, though I felt wobbly when I stood up and I'm going to avoid standing up any more than I have to.

Man, I hope I'm getting better and can have a decent sleep tonight. I will go to the doctor soon (though going to the doctor while still feeling like this and being at risk of throwing up would be a logistical nightmare.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:52 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I thought I was dealing will allergies here, but the achyness suggests . . . not so much. Ug.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:12 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

It is apparently really difficult to get seen at an urgent care clinic on a Sunday afternoon. I got turned away by two, because they both had patients leading all the way up to the closing time. I just . . . . don't want to be sick.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:22 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

You know you're sick when: your doctor takes one look in your ear and says "ew. . . I'm glad that's not my ear!"

Thank, Doc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:31 am 
Tofu Pup

I think I've hurt my back moving heavy suitcases...super scared about it, guess I should see a doctor but I hate going to the doctors.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:56 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

There IS an I'm sick thread! I knew I wasn't imagining it but I couldn't find it yesterday so I used the worst things one.

I felt off-colour yesterday then towards evening I strted feeling sick, then I was repeatedly sick through the night and either far too cold or far too hot. I've managed to get a bit of sleep and to keep some water down but now I've got a terrible headache, which I think is partly caffeine withdrawal. Not sure coffee is the best thing on an empty, queasy stomach though.

Dilemma!

It sounds like some friends had similar illness over Easter, so I guess there's something doing the rounds. I'm miffed at getting it over the bank holiday weekend though!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:07 am 
Seagull of the PPK

peppermint tea can be good for headaches AND queasy stomachs.

i'm finally losing my sicky- i had two visits where the doctor looked at my parts and said "whoa". my larynx got infected, but i had no cold symptoms, then it moved into my ear. then, just so everyone could participate in the fun, it turned into a cold with snot and drainage. oh joy.

(the person i got it from just got released from the hospital after it turned into pneumonia, so i guess i'm lucky?)

cold cold go away, and never come the fork back!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:46 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Argh. My husband has had the flu for the past 4 days and it was looking like I was going to avoid it, but here I am at work feeling really sick like I'm coming down with it.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:22 pm 

Just a mere 3 hours after getting home from a visit to my doctor about my antidepressant meds I end up with an achy throat. I just assumed it was hay fever because it is after getting quite warm here this week and everyone was out cutting grass in the neighbourhood. Nope, it kept getting worse and by 10.30 I was hugging the toilet and getting to re-taste my dinner. Now I will never be able to have the veggie and black bean chilli from AFR again.

Today my throat is worse and I didn't manage to get out of bed until 5pm because my legs were so weak. Trust me to end up sick so soon after seeing a doctor and on a long weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:18 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I have had the WORST cold for the past week point five. SO BAD. I thought I was getting better, but now I have an awful dry cough that won't stop and my sinuses are full of garbage. Ugh.

I just want to be able to sleep like a normal person.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:27 pm 

Asthma is unstable again. Having oh so much fun. My body seems to be giving up on me so I think I might take a week off work next week to rest.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:10 pm 

Voice is completely and utterly gone. I had to go to work today because I couldn't call and ask for time off. I'm taking holiday time tomorrow and next week so I can rest up. Clearly me forcing myself into working through a depressive episode isn't the best idea I've had but I won't get paid if I go sick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next