| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 399 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The I'm Sick Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:40 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Seriously universe?? I sneezed ONCE yesterday and have had a stuffy nose ever since. ONE TIME. And a scratchy throat and post nasal drip and the feeling like I want to be asleep and no appetite whatsoever. :| Four more days at work. Four more days surrounded by people and in people's filthy homes. Then I get a week off, and an office job, in a building with 2 other FT people, and a PT person. Hopefully less sick then.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:56 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

On a positive note, I think I've lost weight because of being sick. Woohoo!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:01 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

My entire household is on Tamiflu. I never thought I would take it, or would be on board with giving it to my two year old, but this is seriously the UGLIEST flu I've ever known. High persistent fever, so achey, stuffy, nauseated, hacking cough, can feel the post nasal-drip. I feel delirious in a fever bubble. Tested my daughter at the ped (who is all about not prescribing meds unless absolutely necessary) and she tested thru the roof for flu (we saw it coming).

All I can say is that I may even welcome a few sketchy hallucinations at this point if it's a distraction from the death grip that is the flu. We've all taken just one dose so far and no ill effects except more fatigue and nasuea. Oh, and the inability to remain coordinated for more than five minutes.

anyone else succumb to Tamiflu?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:46 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

No flu here, just a nasty cold-ish thing. I'm coughing up green crepe and blowing it out of my nose, and sneezing too. I've also entirely possibly gotten all of my roommates except my boyfriend sick (odd, considering that he's the only one I'm kissing/sharing a bed with!). But hey - despite sounding absolutely disgusting, I don't actually feel sick!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:21 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

sooo...how long does this flu last?

i thought livi had a cold the other day (endless runny nose, tired, cold) but now i'm not sure...

yesterday i was fine except my abdomen ached all day. then suddenly i was freezing asparagus cold but the thermostat said 76. i took my temp and it was 99.9 (i don't usually get fevers and i run low - 98.1 or so). i was also really exhausted for most of the day and then i was nauseated too. i took my fever again a lil bit l ater and it was 100.6. i took 2 ibuprofen and went to bed and woke up a lot all night long. i woke up this morning and was mostly okay but a lil nauseated. we drove to my dad's (2 1/2 hours away) and i was sort of weak and hot for most of the day but around 7 or 8pm i felt better. am i safe? i hope i'm safe. though i'd rather be sick than livi.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:51 am 

ruh roh raggy. my throat hurts and i'm sneezy and runny i'm having tummy issues. coffee? bad idea. bad.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:20 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I started getting stuffy yesterday morning. Runny nose, sore throat. blaaaahhhhh. I haven't been sick in over a year. I don't like it.
I've been gargling salt water, taking oil of oregano, multi vitamins, eating lots of oranges, and drinking loads of water. I feel a bit better today. Hopefully it passes soon.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:31 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

My throat feels like it's been stabbed, and I'm sneezing yellow goo mixed with blood.

My insurance runs out at the end of this month, so I'm making a doctor's appointment tomorrow. :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:54 pm 

karyn :(

i've alternated from mostly tummy problems w/ some sinus issues to all sinus/head/sneeze/cold with some tummy issues. misery.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:12 pm 
Semen Strong

KarynMC wrote:
My throat feels like it's been stabbed, and I'm sneezing yellow goo mixed with blood.

My insurance runs out at the end of this month, so I'm making a doctor's appointment tomorrow. :(

I feel your pain. I need to get replacement insurance, and sadly my unemployment isn't even going to cover my Cobra payment. I'm going to be making 5% of my monthly salary. Thank goodness I have savings.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:50 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I am finally not running a fever for the first time in two weeks. I was actually able to leave the house today and run some errands like a functioning member of society. I even wore a bra! I'm still all phlegmy, though.

Here's hoping all you sickies feel better soon.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:55 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I just got over being sick, and now I've got that scratchy throat and runny nose again! And I'm going to Tahoe tomorrow for me and Mike's anniversary. If all the echinecea and OJ cocktails and zinc lozenges that I've been consuming don't help, I'm going to be PISSED.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 am 

Tofulish wrote:
KarynMC wrote:

I feel your pain. I need to get replacement insurance, and sadly my unemployment isn't even going to cover my Cobra payment. I'm going to be making 5% of my monthly salary. Thank goodness I have savings.

cobra payments are INSANE.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:03 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

My stupid little cold has turned into a sinus infection. My teeth feel like they're going to fall out from the pressure in my face. waaaahhhhhhh.
IBprofen, why aren't you making my face feel better?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:02 am 

Tofulish wrote:
KarynMC wrote:

I'm not doing COBRA. It costs the same as my rent, and if I have to choose one or the other, I'm choosing "roof over head."

My doctor's office is closed. My throat isn't as bad today, but I'm coughing up yellow. I definitely need antibiotics. I'm trying to decide whether I should try to see the doctor tomorrow or try and track down an urgent care. I need the bill to stay as low as possible. :(

ETA - Also, I am sorry you lost your job. Unemployment isn't tons of fun.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:47 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I'm just getting over a bad cold. I haven't had one for years. This one made up for it. I sneezed so hard it felt like my molars were loose. When I wasn't sneezing I was blowing my nose. Where is all this bloody snot coming from? I started to feel better on Friday (after 2 weeks). Yesterday I felt like I had a sore throat and I was really worried this was going to continue and I might have to go to the doctor (which I hate doing). I gargled salt water a few times and it went away.

This was the weirdest cold. I never felt overwhelmed by illness and I didn't miss work but the sneezing/nose blowing/tooth shaking was uncomfortable and it lasted for 2 weeks.

I hope you all feel better faster than I did!!

Karyn, I avoid going to the doctor but in your case, I would go. You definitely don't want something hanging over til after your insurance runs out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:26 pm 

i'm down to tummy gurgles, an endlessly runy nose, a hacking cough and a throbbing in my head. big improvement. bought livi toys today to apologize for being sick mommy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:08 pm 

happy jo wrote:
Karyn, I avoid going to the doctor but in your case, I would go. You definitely don't want something hanging over til after your insurance runs out.

Yeah, I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow, since I very obviously have a sinus infection (yellow phlegm; no fever). I just would've preferred to get one today.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:34 pm 

sniffle sniffle sniffle sneeze sneeze hack. repeat.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:38 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I know have big hurty zits on the end of my nose, so blowing it feels like I'm getting punched in the face.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:44 pm 

considering putting cotton balls in my nose.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:27 pm 
WRETCHED

Apparently my cold from a couple weeks ago turned into a sinus infection. I was snotty for the past week, now with my medicine I am the snot monster.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:42 pm 
Chip Strong

weird, I was looking for this thread last week when I needed it. I want my residual coughing to go away already.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:05 pm 

i may live! i sometiems go a few mintues w/o sneezing! the nose running is a tiny bit more tolerable! i still can't spell, but you know, small steps.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:49 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I am about to watch a Soft Kitty clip several times in a row.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 399 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next