| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
 Post subject: Re: The IUD thread!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:42 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

SoaringRaven wrote:
Quarantined, your experience sounds similar to mine. After the insertion I just laid on the table for an hour, and when I got up I was fine for a few seconds... then I found myself hobbling to the bathroom so I could throw up. Then my mom drove me home, I took a nap, and woke up fine.

Ugh, that is terrible, I'm sorry. I'm sorry yours has not worked out for you in the long run either. It seems to be quite a crepe shoot.

I am just over the two month mark and just had my checkup, and the placement seems to be fine, and my strings are tucked up so I don't feel them nor does my partner. Luckily I seem to be doing much better now and not having any significant cramping except during my period, and that is not too bad. However, although I have the non-hormonal Paragard, I am still transitioning off of oral hormonal birth control, so I imagine that once the hormones are completely out of my system I might have even heavier periods.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:06 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I've had my IUD in for three months now. The first month was annoying with spotting, but honestly; at this point I've never been happier. After being on the pill for years I can't believe I didn't switch sooner.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:27 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Has anyone had an IUD removed? Did that hurt or cause cramping afterward or anything like that? I'm mainly wondering if I will be able to go back to work after my appointment or if I should plan to go home for the rest of the day.

ETA: I don't know if it matters, but if it does, I had pretty severe cramping when it was inserted 4.5 years ago. It's a copper IUD (Nova-T).

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:11 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Lobster: I have a hormonal one, but a friend had a copper one and they tend to cause more cramping when inserted. Also, you may have a harder time adjusting once it's taken out. My source for this is a friend.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:14 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

When I had my first copper Paragard removed (which was pre-baby) I had some minor period-style cramping and spotting afterward, but it subsided after an hour or so. I had severe cramping with insertion as well and was laid up all day on the couch with a heating pad on my uterus. With removal I drove the 25 minutes home and went about my day just fine, but I'm sure the experience could vary! I didn't feel any different after removal, either.

If anyone is wondering, the removal of my 2nd one post-baby wasn't even noticeable.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:54 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks! I might try to schedule it to work from home afterward just in case.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28