| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: new WW plan coming out soon
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:41 pm 
Saggy Butt

Here's a day I only ate 24 points... I know that sounds like WAY little but I remember I was very fulfilled that day. My total calories (of counted points) was 940. I also had a clementine orange & 4 oz of apple slices.

Breakfast
Instant Oatmeal - Lower Sugar Apples and Cinnamon

Lunch
Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine (AFR recipe)

Late Work Snack (I do this an hour-ish before I leave work so I'm not tempted to stop and get food on the way home)
Ultra Weight Loss Shake - Creamy Milk Chocolate

Dinner
Morningstar Corn Dog
Shamrock Farms 2% Milk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:30 pm 
protein lump

Scruffleupagus wrote:
Here's a day I only ate 24 points... I know that sounds like WAY little but I remember I was very fulfilled that day. My total calories (of counted points) was 940. I also had a clementine orange & 4 oz of apple slices.

Breakfast
Instant Oatmeal - Lower Sugar Apples and Cinnamon

Lunch
Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine (AFR recipe)

Late Work Snack (I do this an hour-ish before I leave work so I'm not tempted to stop and get food on the way home)
Ultra Weight Loss Shake - Creamy Milk Chocolate

Dinner
Morningstar Corn Dog
Shamrock Farms 2% Milk

let's try and keep it vegan here, ok?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:07 pm 
Saggy Butt

I feel the need to point out I was ONLY giving this as an example of coming in under calories AND under points... I was not encouraging anyone to drink milk... I'm TRYING to phase it out. You could easily replace the shake with Vega (which is vegan) and the Morningstar Corndog w/ something else and still easily make it under your points and still not consume too many calories. My examples were intended to show portion sizes... And ignore the glass of milk... Omni boyfriend still picks it up for me when he goes to the store so I kinda felt obligated to have it... And I'm still struggling with a few things (I love my veggie corndogs...)

Again... Sorry... I'm starting to feel PPK isn't the right fit for me. :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:17 pm 
Nailed to the V

I've been struggling with staying motivated. I kinda wish I could afford the meetings, I feel like that might motivate me. I did lose some weight (7 pounds), but just find it so tedious to enter everything I eat everyday. But it's a new week, I'm going to try giving it my all this week.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:34 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Yeah, I'm having issues with motivation too. It doesn't help that I came down with a cold yesterday, so exercising and eating anything other than cookies is quite unappealing right now. I'm going to force myself to eat a salad, or something, today.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:59 pm 
Nailed to the V

I'm feeling down today. After 4 weeks, I've only lost 1.5 lbs (the weight loss I posted about after my first week). As I said, I feel like I'm getting tons of food on the plan, so maybe that's why I'm not losing any weight. I'm not going to give up though -- especially since I prepaid for 3 months. Ha.

This week I'm going to try eating more points earlier in the day by adding some nuts or soy yogurt to my afternoon fruit snack.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:43 am 
Saggy Butt

I'm down another .2 lbs today! w00t! I weigh myself every morning when I get up (as suggested by Dr. Oz) and that seems to keep me pretty happy. Again, if the old point system makes you happy, just do it. The WW Point Calculator by GivenToFly is seriously amazing AND if you go in the settings you can still use the old point system. There was an update yesterday and now I'm even more impressed because it has a column for your 49 weekly points as well. I only wish it would auto refresh for the day and maybe have a list of basic foods to choose from.

Something that helps me... When I buy my frozen/boxed foods. I calculate the points and write them on there with a Sharpie. That way when I come home from work and know "Okay, I've got 10 pts to kills... What should I have?" I can glance at my options without having to calculate each one when I'm actually hungry. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:19 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

bcakes wrote:
I'm feeling down today. After 4 weeks, I've only lost 1.5 lbs (the weight loss I posted about after my first week). As I said, I feel like I'm getting tons of food on the plan, so maybe that's why I'm not losing any weight. I'm not going to give up though -- especially since I prepaid for 3 months. Ha.

This week I'm going to try eating more points earlier in the day by adding some nuts or soy yogurt to my afternoon fruit snack.

don't get discouraged! I think the new plan requires some trial and error to see what works for you. Most weeks I eat 1/2 of my extra weekly points (which includes some things I would consider totally detrimental to a diet) exercise a moderate amount and lose on average 1.5 lbs. One week I thought I had been really good and I had barely touched my extra weekly points and exercised more than usual and I thought for sure that I would lose a lot of weight that week, but I didn't. It seems counter-intuitive but it's what's working for me. Try mixing up different combinations of food and exercise points, I'm sure you'll find what works for you. I think eating more points earlier in the day is a really good idea, and it's something I'm trying to work on myself.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:34 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:38 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Scruffleupagus wrote:

Wow, I would STARVE on 940 calories. That seems like such little food!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:57 pm 
Saggy Butt

lobsteriffic wrote:
Scruffleupagus wrote:

Wow, I would STARVE on 940 calories. That seems like such little food!

I also munch on an apple and an orange... Hehe. I know. I'm usually a monster when it comes to finding food to munch on. So I ONLY bring my planned foods to work... My oatmeal, my lunch, and my shake along with two fruits to snack on. This is all about routine too... Here's my most successful days (work week):

Get up and take a shower. Get a full glass of water and sip while I do my make-up, hair, and meal planning for the day (if I didn't do this the night before). Pack lunch. Drive to work. Make my hot mint tea medley (with one packet of Stevia Mmmmmmmm) and fill my HUGE water bottle all the way full (I noticed if I don't do this right away, I don't even come CLOSE to getting enough water for the day). Sip on my tea and answer my emails/etc. About an hour into work (even if I DON'T want it) make my oatmeal (I bypassed this one day because I wasn't hungry and I went NUTS on supper, lesson learned). Work. Eat lunch. Work some more. Drink my meal shake about an hour or so before I leave work (this SERIOUSLY helps me a lot because I always want to stop on the way home for food otherwise... It's a willpower issue). Come home and I'm able to PLAN my supper without getting antsy from being hungry.

I save all my extra points for the weekends since I'm around my fridge and cabinets all day it's a lot harder for me to abstain from eating. But we also go on "adventure days" which usually includes walking around and window shopping so I feel I still work some of those extra points off.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:27 pm 
Saggy Butt

Oooooh! http://www.zeer.com/Food-Products/Lucky ... ae3e451adf

4 points for SIX potstickers! YUMMY! I am very happy right now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:47 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I lost 2 pounds this week! Wuhoo! Not sure why really, especially since last night my dinner was totally off plan. But I'm not complaining! I hope this continues.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:51 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I am doing really well. Down 14 pounds so far. I'm having a hard time getting all my points in (I get 43. Shut up!). I realize now that eating like a vegan instead of eating things that happen to be vegan yields results.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:13 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Dudes, this sounds confusing. Is it confusing?

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:35 pm 

linanil wrote:
There is a pointsPlus calculator that is $11.95 as well as complete food & dining out companion which is $19.95. I think the dining out companion is probably useless to us but I think with the complete food guide and calculator, anyone could do the plan.

They have an essential member kit that has a 3 month food diary, complete food & dining out companion. It is $24.95.

The deluxe member kit has the pointsPlus calculator, complete food companion, 3 month food diary, dining out companion and cookbook ready, set, go. It is $44.95.

Then they have the complete member kit which contains everything in the deluxe member kit plus a pedometer, measuring spoons and a cover for the food diary. It is $87.95.

There is also a shipping fee but if anyone wanted, they could paypal me the money and I could send whatever items they wanted. Or if you have access to meetings or anyone who has access to meetings, you could have them buy it for you.

confused! so confused. how much do i need need to get started?

blisslikethis wrote:
I've been considering joining WW, but the different point values for the same thing sounds confusing to me. Now I am not so sure.

yes to this too. i read the whole thread but i'm confused.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:00 pm 

Ooh also, anyone around my size - 5' - want to share their points and an average day of food?

eta: i'm 141-144 now but want to be 123ish.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:35 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm 5'5" but your weight (143 this morning) and I want to lose 10-12 lbs from here. I get 29 points per day. Today that is:

B: oatmeal with peanut butter
L: leftover eggplant & chickpea curry (1/4th of recipe) and cashew-cranberry biryani (1/4th of recipe) from AFR [this is a LOT of food]
D: chipotle-lentil burger in half a pita with baked onion rings (also both AFR)

Fruit and veg are 0 points, so I'll also eat an apple and grapes at some point, and some lettuce and red pepper on the burger.

I get 49 "extra" points to use throughout the week, which comes to 7 per day. I try not to figure those in when I'm planning my food out; I like to have some wiggle room so I can have a few bites of chocolate or ice cream (or, let's be honest, wine) at the end of the day.

The plan definitely sounds more complicated than it used to, but all you have to do, really, is put your food into the website and it does all the calculating for you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:43 pm 

hey - you're in raleigh, right? (i have the WORST internet memory)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:46 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I am!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:49 pm 

i was there friday - stocked up on essentials like dino kale and miso :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:28 pm 
Nailed to the V

Nebraskalaska wrote:
bcakes wrote:

don't get discouraged! I think the new plan requires some trial and error to see what works for you. Most weeks I eat 1/2 of my extra weekly points (which includes some things I would consider totally detrimental to a diet) exercise a moderate amount and lose on average 1.5 lbs. One week I thought I had been really good and I had barely touched my extra weekly points and exercised more than usual and I thought for sure that I would lose a lot of weight that week, but I didn't. It seems counter-intuitive but it's what's working for me. Try mixing up different combinations of food and exercise points, I'm sure you'll find what works for you. I think eating more points earlier in the day is a really good idea, and it's something I'm trying to work on myself.

Thanks. No weight loss again this week, but I did get discouraged towards the end of my week and eat up all of my weekly points in the form of a veggie burger and onion rings and some soy ice cream.

I'm definitely eating healthier on the plan, so that is a positive even if I don't lose weight.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:16 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I really love the new program. I have little goals this time around. I just got to my 5%, so my next goal is 30 pounds. I'm a big girl, so I will have lots of these little goals. *sigh*

One of these days, I'll have a day off that can be spent shopping.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:34 pm 

great job sugarcookie!

i did BAD yesterday because apparently once i eat one bagel, i must eat 2-3. thankfully the bagel place is 75 miles away and i'm never buying more than 2 at a time ever again. i have gobs left in my freezer, but am delivering most to my dad in a few days.

today i am planning one more snack of an orange + afr black bean quinoa salad and that brings me to 28 points, even with one bagel w/ tofutti. (i get 29 cause i'm short - whee)

what i don't get is that if i used my 49 weekly points - if i used an extra 7 a day and gave myself 36pts, i'd never lose weight. what's with that?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:54 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Someone needs to take my scale away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next