| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: new WW plan coming out soon
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:32 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Abelskiver wrote:
Ya, lattes are much superior its true. :)

You're sweet to ask, I'm just dealing with whiplash injuries. I can definitely walk for exercise but up until recently I was teaching Zumba and I'm not supposed to do that for at least two weeks. :( I'm just worried about my fitness because some weeks I'm only motivated enough to do the 3 workouts I'm paid to do; guess that will have to change.

Yow. I hope you recover quickly, with no lasting effects.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:06 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Day 1. I have 3 points left. I had a soy latte and ate 2 servings of AFR sushi roll salad (11 points each--yikes!) for lunch/dinner. I rarely mind eating the same thing for lunch and dinner, especially something so yummy.

I've had the online plan for a year (what a waste of money! how ridiculous to pay when I haven't been using it; but canceling it would have been admitting that I had no intention of getting serious), and the good news is that my current weight is 1.2 lbs over this time last June, so at least my weight, as unhappy as I am with how I feel, has been stable. Hopefully that means that if I irradiate some bad habits that have crept in and focus on eating healthy stuff, this won't be too hard.

The bad news is I need to lose 20-25lbs in order to get back where I felt the healthiest. And, not incidentally, to the point where my entire closet of clothes fit! I posted in the thread that I started that I'm lacking motivation, but I think I found it in my cookbooks! I'm excited to try a bunch of things from AFR that I didn't get to before.

I think I will get some bananas and start a morning protein shake again. Tomorrow I will also try the elliptical again, very gently. Last time I was using it my leg numbness got worse and freaked me out. I just put the latest Sookie Stackhouse book on my iPad to prepare.

Dearess: Congrats!

If you are eating healthy and enough food, I would ignore the stuff about losing too fast. After my gastric bypass, I lost weight weirdly. I was depressed at first because everybody else was losing 30-40lbs the first month and I lost....20. But it turned out, I lost 10lbs every month for a year without fail. I never had a plateau, just always the steady 10, no matter what. Everybody loses weight differently. There were some people who would lose 30-40lbs in a month, then nothing for 2-3 months, then repeat. In my groups we talked a lot about that, and the doctors pretty much said that losing weight too fast is a myth IF you are eating balanced healthy foods in adequate quantity. Beyond that, your body will do what is right for it. I think WW really harps on the 2lbs/week as the ideal because it is an attainable amount and they don't want people obsessing about losing more or trying to lose more because crash dieting is so harmful.

When I've attended meetings and somebody gets flagged for losing too quickly, the leaders just have to ask about how much food is being consumed and then make a note that the plan is being followed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:16 am 
Keepin' It Seal

lavawitch wrote:
Does anyone have copies of my WW points lists from Vcon, VWaV, YRR, and AFR?

I wasn't smart enough to save them on my computer--I just pasted them from my WW account, which I let expire.

I linked to both of them here: http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?p=49679#p49679 but keep in mind this is for the old points system.

If you (or anyone) figure out the new pointsplus values, please post them here. I've only done a couple of recipes because I never seem to have the time. If anyone has the time to figure out pointsplus of some recipes but doesn't have etools, PM me and I'll give you my username and password.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:12 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Oh blech. Forgot that the old points don't work.

I'll finish entering AFR. There is a great new iPad app, so it wont be so tedious.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:25 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

I think AFR is all in already.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:50 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Where are the AFR points?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:13 pm 
WRETCHED

I had started AFR but I don't think I finished it. Although I'm trying to be on a strict budget, I'm considering WW again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:39 pm 
Nailed to the V

I have been plateauing for the past 3 months! I've gained and lost the same .9/lb and I'm so tired of it, yet I find myself overeating and slacking off in tracking my food.

Somebody wanna give me a swift kick in the asparagus? My husband is too sweet, he doesn't like to tell me to stop doing anything, including sabotaging something I've worked so hard at.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:17 am 
Keepin' It Seal

lavawitch wrote:
Where are the AFR points?

They're on the first page of that google doc I linked to.

Linanil, when you stopped AFR, someone else took over. So we've got em all now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:49 am 
WRETCHED

Ok I signed up this morning! Hopefully I'll follow through better than in the past.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:18 pm 
WRETCHED

So first day down. I have 17 points leftover and 6 activity points. I wasn't exactly sure how to count my weight lifting, it actually took me longer than 30 minutes but changing out weights takes time so I estimated 30 minutes of 'work'. As for points, I generally eat lighter on the weekend so not a huge surprise that I fell short.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:50 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I had 8 points left over yesterday, so I ate a chocolate bar. Not great. (well it was, but you know what I mean)

I'm having trouble getting used to the new points. An 8 point dinner (ancho lentil tacos) was really super filling.

I can't quite see using all of the points up without eating things I really don't need. Tonight, I'm eating my lentil salad on whole grain crackers instead of lettuce wraps so I don't have points to waste later.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:14 pm 
WRETCHED

I tend to eat a ton of fruits and veggies which is only reason it may be hard on some days for me. Although I'll admit, the last 6 months have probably been one of my lowest veg intake in quite a few years. Partly because I was encountering some price paralysis. I've decided though that my goals of saving money shouldn't impact my food choices too much. I did go to my favorite grocery store today expecting to buy some vegan specialty items but I just could not do it. I did buy plenty of fruits and veggies though, those I will splurge on.

Also today we went to Chipotle, my husband and I split a bowl. I usually have half a tortilla but today skipped it and guess I should've just had it. Breakfast was also a salad with tempeh croutons because that is what I've been craving and I really wasn't hungry much after Chipotle so I made a smoothie for dinner. Along with a couple pieces of fruit here and there today.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:16 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Yeah, I hate a huge salad for lunch yesterday with a low-cal dressing, so it was only 2 points, and I was stuffed to the gills for at least 5 hrs.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:16 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Wow! 6 activity points? 20 minutes on the elliptical at "moderate" gave me 1 point.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:00 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Hmm. 7 points got me: a HUGE strawberry spinach salad drowned in balsamic dressing with baked tofu and a small handful of almonds for lunch. I'm stuffed.

It was very yummy and I couldn't possibly eat again for several hours. I'm not going to come close to using up my points today. I'm not going to be surprised if I don't lose any weight this week. I've never felt this weird on WW before. And considering one reason I started back is because I was doing too much mindless eating/snacking and losing sight of portion control, I'm not thrilled now to be sitting around finding ways to eat MORE.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:15 pm 
WRETCHED

For 6 points of exercise, I took a 30 minute walk at a decent pace (I walk about 15-16 minute mile) and 30 minutes of weight lifting (which was really about an hour of weight lifting).

Yesterday, I didn't exercise but that was because we were doing some purging/cleaning along with normal sunday chores.

I was a bit shocked yesterday because I had a sandwich and I use the sprouted complete protein bread from TJs and it was 4 points for 2 pieces of bread. I've noticed some things are lower in points than I'd expect and some are higher than I'd expect.

Weight lifting again today along with a run to the store to get more lettuce for salads.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I made the PPK Portland Porch lettuce wraps for dinner. I didn't bother to reduce the amount of olive oil (1 TBSP) and it worked out to about 9 points.

So, I've had two huge meals, a banana and a snack and a soy latte today and I still have 8 points left over.

I feel like this plan is telling that it is ok to eat chocolate bars.

The wraps are super delicious!!! The 9 points is probably extra generous because I don't think they need 1/4 of the pesto mixture, but I counted it anyway. If you reduce the olive oil, it would come down even more. If you need to lower the points, I think fiddling to get them between 5-6 is very doable. They are fresh, delicious, and still a very substantial meal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:31 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I gained 1.4 lbs.

I could have done that for free.

I just don't know? I used all my points twice and none of the weekly points. Usually, I was 3-6 points below the daily. I ate almost entirely lots of nice, fresh, healthy food from AFR. I ate one small chocolate bar, spreading it and the points over 3 days. I don't drink sodas or anything, just water. I counted every scrap I ate and when in doubt, rounded points up.

Not happy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:22 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Maybe it's water weight. It could also be a lot of other things. My weight yo-yos a couple pounds every time I weigh myself. Don't be discouraged.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:32 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I think the new plan isn't restrictive enough for me. I need calories low enough and can't do it on this.

I don't want to get into calorie counting, but because of other issue, I do have to watch them. Under the old plan, I could do it without obsessing.

I want the old plan back. I wonder if I can install an old version of the iPad app.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:17 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

OK! So, I am now under 150 (yay!!!) and I lost 1.6lbs this week overall. I won't post what I lost this week, because it was clearly all water and period bloat, so its the overall number that is meaningful.

I am going to reset my attitude and start fresh with this. I rolled my plan settings back to week 1. I had two back to back periods (weird, but certainly explains weird weight gain and not unheard of for me anyway when I am stressed), so that is probably a better culprit than blaming WW, which actually does help millions of people lose weight.

I also have plenty of motivation now. I MIGHT have a job. In which case, in 3 weeks, I need some of those lovely work clothes hanging in my closet to fit or at least mostly fit. I wouldn't get paid until October, so buying new clothes is absolutely not an option. So, I have to drop at least a complete size.

I am also setting a new goal: *if* I get the job, and *if* I get back to my healthy size, in December, I get to go blow $250 at the Ralph Lauren outlet when they have their really awesome "spend $250, get an extra $75 in store credit" sale on top of the 50% off outlet prices sales. However, if I am not back at my healthy size, I don't get to buy clothes, money to spend or not because rebuying a wardrobe would not be in my best interests.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:33 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I'm back! Well, I'm thinking about joining WW again. I lost 15 pounds earlier this year, but never hit my goal weight. Then school/work got too crazy, I gained back 5 pounds and now things have calmed down and I want to work on my health again. WW is just so good about getting me to eat well and eating in a way that makes me happy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:12 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Good luck! I've been having fun going back through AFR; it's a great match for WW.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:41 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Glad you're doing ok! Hope recovery is quick.
I just wanted to stop in on this thread and tell y'all that I've discontinued WW. Something about the tracking really sets off some compulsive stuff in me and rather than yoyo-ing between perfectionistic tendencies and total lack of control, I'm going to stop WW and deal with the issue at hand. Thanks for the encouragement. Hope y'all do great!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next