| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: new WW plan coming out soon
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:48 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

I'm thinking about rejoining Weight Watchers tomorrow. What do you all think of the new program? Do you like? Does it work as well as the last? I don't know probably going to join tomorrow morning, i need something to track, and since i have a job now i don't feel bad about paying the monthly fee...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:40 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I feel like I preferred it before, but I haven't been at it long enough. This is my third week I think.

I've been getting lax with tracking, which is the whole point, but I have still been doing ok. Except today. I didn't eat anything at all. Not by choice though, but because we went out and nobody wanted to wait for me to eat since I got up late, and then I was tired/sore and took an overly long nap instead of making dinner. So now it's 3 am and I'm starving. Not sure if I should eat or just suck it up and get on track tomorrow. There is a downside to getting rid of convenience food!

On the bright side, I'm enjoying lots of healthy meals, rediscovered black beans, baked and enjoyed appropriate quantities of cookies, and haven't had potato chips for 3 weeks. Those are my downfall and there are always huge bags around the house that call my name. They are still calling my name, but I have set them mentally off-limits.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:29 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I'm doing really well my first week. Gorged on homemade vegan pizza last night (i have the hardest time figuring out points for pizza), but I've still lost weight. I love how well I'm eating overall, I missed it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:54 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Okay, I am officially a re-member of weight watchers. I'm feeling like i can make this work, i don't really get to exercise today since its super hot out and my dogs need attention, but tomorrow i'll make it up. Good luck everyone else, i'm glad to hear that people are losing and eating healthier, those are my goals :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:43 pm 
Nailed to the V

Nebraskalaska wrote:
I'm doing really well my first week. Gorged on homemade vegan pizza last night (i have the hardest time figuring out points for pizza), but I've still lost weight. I love how well I'm eating overall, I missed it!

If it's homemade, you can add your recipe to the database :-) I quickly learned my favorite pizza crust (Emeril's) is NOT WW friendly that way!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:04 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

lost again this week! I've almost lost all the weight I gained back. My new headphones and armband are here so I'm starting C25K this week.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:47 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Had a bad couple of weeks. Stressed by boss's behaviour and general eff-ups during my week off, I've had insomnia. Which tends to lead me to junk-carbing. Which leads me to weight gain. However, finally had it out with my boss on Friday, I slept more than 4 hours on Friday and Saturday, so I feel like I'm back on track today. I'm putting together a WW-friendly shopping list and looking forward to a quiet, sane, pleasurable breakfast this morning.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:00 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

lava - if i have too much fruit or use weekly points i don't get anywhere, otherwise it's okay.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:07 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm afraid to weigh in. I didn't track anything all week. This weekend, I are two large Daiya pizzas.

Going to be with it this week!

Making dill French bread for lunch sandwiches.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:09 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Yeah, I didn't track well either this week. I get all hung up if I start off the week by eating out. I also didn't exercise besides walks because I have a sore throat.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:30 am 
Tofu Pup

Zombretta wrote:
I'm thinking about rejoining Weight Watchers tomorrow. What do you all think of the new program? Do you like? Does it work as well as the last? I don't know probably going to join tomorrow morning, i need something to track, and since i have a job now i don't feel bad about paying the monthly fee...

I can't recommend it enough, and the new plan is amazing (I think). I admit I might be biased. If you track, keep to the good health guidelines, find an activity/exercise that works for you (it's important to enjoy it, I think) and keep progress of many things (not just the number on the scale) I think it works great. I hear a lot of members that did (I want to say) core that this new program is incredibly awesome (I've only known this and Momentum, so I can't comment).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:34 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I just joined the site today, so here goes nothing!

At my highest, I weighed 381.4 lbs and at my lowest adult weight, 178 lbs. In the past year, though, I've gained all the way back to about 245-250. It's really bothering me, since it happened rather quickly, due to end of college stress/medical school applications/living with family again. Well, I'm in med school now so I've got the studying stress to deal with, but mostly my problem is being tired all of the time, despite getting 8 hrs of sleep a night. I tend to snack when sleepy so that I can continue studying, so I really need to break that habit, or at least replace those snacks with fruits and veggies instead of carby things.

Anyway, tomorrow will be my first official day of tracking and trying to get the hang of things! Previously, I was using The Daily Plate, which had a much larger food database, so this will take some more work when it comes to entering weirder foods, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:27 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

5 pounds down! I'm back to where I was a few months ago. 2 pounds from my 10% target and 22 pounds to go!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:50 pm 
Nailed to the V

Freetahtah wrote:
I just joined the site today, so here goes nothing!

At my highest, I weighed 381.4 lbs and at my lowest adult weight, 178 lbs. In the past year, though, I've gained all the way back to about 245-250. It's really bothering me, since it happened rather quickly, due to end of college stress/medical school applications/living with family again. Well, I'm in med school now so I've got the studying stress to deal with, but mostly my problem is being tired all of the time, despite getting 8 hrs of sleep a night. I tend to snack when sleepy so that I can continue studying, so I really need to break that habit, or at least replace those snacks with fruits and veggies instead of carby things.

Anyway, tomorrow will be my first official day of tracking and trying to get the hang of things! Previously, I was using The Daily Plate, which had a much larger food database, so this will take some more work when it comes to entering weirder foods, I think.

You will do great! And depending what you mean by "weirder foods," WW's database actually has quite a bit of the vegan goods. I've put some stuff in, but it hasn't been a lot of work.

Nebraskalaska wrote:
5 pounds down! I'm back to where I was a few months ago. 2 pounds from my 10% target and 22 pounds to go!

Congrats!

I've tracked like mad the past week, and lost 2 (after plateauing for two months and gaining 5). I'm feeling awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:26 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

It has actually been a bit better about having things in the database than I expected, at least as far as generic items go, like soy creamer, yogurt, cream cheese, etc. I was a little surprised, though, that nutritional yeast and vital wheat gluten weren't in there... Haha.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:16 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I signed up today for the three month plan. I figure I should know if it works for me by then. I also downloaded the iPhone app, so hopefully tracking points will be easy. My main motivation was measuring and realizing that my thigh is the same size my waist was ten years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:26 pm 
Impressive boner

I signed up today with the Monthly Pass and will be going to my first meeting before lunch tomorrow. I have 29 points per day and 49 per week. I'm trying to figure out all the online tools now!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:58 pm 
Nailed to the V

Does anyone know how the online ww stacks up to the my calorie counter or spark people? I want to do one of them, the easiest actually that will be somewhat fun to do and not super hard or complicated. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:10 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I used spark people for a while, however, I ended up focusing too much on the numbers. I prefer WW because it's more abstract -- food is calculated by points, which takes away the good/bad categories I was mentally assigning them, based on their calories. And giving most fruits and veggies 0 points means that I tend to eat in a healthier way, without even thinking about it. Food/weight has always been a struggle for me and WW helps me de-demonize food. I also find the online plan very easy to use and I like that you get support materials online.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:01 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

My first week back on WW after 10 years. Hi.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:24 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Welcome back. Good luck!

I haven't been in this thread in a while because I just wasn't losing! It was so annoying to stick with it and not lose that then I just stopped watching. Well, now I got into it again and am so happy to report I am finally losing weight! Lost about 4 lbs so far. FINALLY.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:53 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm in my third week and I'm down about 5-6 lbs total. The whole points thing is definitely leading me to grab an apple or carrots for a snack instead of chips.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:35 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

IsaChandra wrote:
My first week back on WW after 10 years. Hi.

There's this book called Appetite for Reduction I like to recommend. You can probably find it at Barnes and Noble.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:39 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Can someone else do all the work of plugging in my points for the day? And can we have a long conversation about 7 POINTS FOR A forking BAKED POTATO!?!??!

But basically, I'm liking it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:57 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

It was surprising to me that foods that I think of as somewhat healthy are so high in points. Like a serving of coconut yogurt being 5 points even though it's 160 calories.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next