| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: new WW plan coming out soon
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:06 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I'm kinda shocked that at the end of the day I'm trying to finish my points. Like, right now I have 12 points left and I am not sure what to do with them. I eat a lot of fruit, so that is probably why, but I'm weary of just eating the 12 points because I have them. It's a great problem to have but I'm also weirded out. The last time I did WW I don't ever remember feeling that way.

fatcat wrote:
It was surprising to me that foods that I think of as somewhat healthy are so high in points. Like a serving of coconut yogurt being 5 points even though it's 160 calories.

Is it from the sugar?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:26 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

IsaChandra wrote:
I'm kinda shocked that at the end of the day I'm trying to finish my points. Like, right now I have 12 points left and I am not sure what to do with them. I eat a lot of fruit, so that is probably why, but I'm weary of just eating the 12 points because I have them. It's a great problem to have but I'm also weirded out. The last time I did WW I don't ever remember feeling that way.

You don't have to eat the leftover points. as long as you feel satisfied, it's fine to have leftover points. Some days just work out like that. Other days you're like "oh, hello cookies! Don't mind if I do!"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:50 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I think the high points have to be coming from either sugar or maybe fat. I wish I had leftover points. I don't save my weekly points for a big spluge, but instead end up using 5-6 of them each day. At least I haven't had to exchange any exercise points yet. I'm slowing down because I only lost 1 pound this week and I'm hoping it won't stay that way.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:06 pm 

joyfulgirl wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:

You don't have to eat the leftover points. as long as you feel satisfied, it's fine to have leftover points. Some days just work out like that. Other days you're like "oh, hello cookies! Don't mind if I do!"

OK yeah, I just made up for the other days! It's pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:08 pm 

fatcat wrote:
I think the high points have to be coming from either sugar or maybe fat. I wish I had leftover points. I don't save my weekly points for a big spluge, but instead end up using 5-6 of them each day. At least I haven't had to exchange any exercise points yet. I'm slowing down because I only lost 1 pound this week and I'm hoping it won't stay that way.

One pound is awesome! It's hard to lose weight, if I lost a pound a week I'd be really happy. So give yourself a huggy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:49 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Did anyone else have problems with the website yesterday? I also downloaded an update to the iPhone app and now it won't let me track points. Frustrating!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:55 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I've been having a bad week - only Wednesday and I already used all my weekly points. My excuse is that it's starting to get cold and all I want is warm comfort crepe like Amy's vegan mac. On the upside, I've been eating two apples everyday.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:19 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I think I'm going to sign up with WW again. I was doing well on my own, but then I had foot surgery two months ago (severed a foot tendon from dropping a food processor blade whilst making an AFR salad dressing!). Anyhoo, I will eventually be okay, but my mobility has been SEVERELY limited. I just started leaving the house on a regular basis. This has left me with a lot of time to sit and eat. And of course I was comfort eating so it wasn't exactly the healthiest stuff.

I have been trying to get back on track on my own but it's hard. So WW is probably the route I will go. The only reason I am shying away from it is because I don't like weighing myself and having success be determined by the scale, but if I don't have a weekly weigh in then I tend to eat bad things more often.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:09 am 

Yeah, going back on WW and diligently tracking has really gotten me out of my rut. It also helps reenforce the idea that there are no forbidden foods and that's so helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:48 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

IsaChandra wrote:
It also helps reenforce the idea that there are no forbidden foods and that's so helpful.

That's my favourite thing about WW! I really like that if I'm craving something I can just budget my points accordingly and have it.

Also I'm a nerd and I like the little check boxes for fruits and veggies and water and stuff.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:31 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I am happy when I lose weight, but I'll admit I get a little bummed by losing daily points as the scale goes down. Upside is that I am definitely reaching for a lot more fruits and vegetables than fatty/carby foods like I normally used to. I am down 8 lbs in 5 weeks, so I think I'm going at a good pace.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:19 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

fatcat wrote:
It was surprising to me that foods that I think of as somewhat healthy are so high in points. Like a serving of coconut yogurt being 5 points even though it's 160 calories.

aha, thanks! I was just thinking of restarting w/o rejoining (no spare funds right now) and I have a lot of point values in my food journal but not yogurt - is that the so delicious plain yogurt?

lobsteriffic wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:
Also I'm a nerd and I like the little check boxes for fruits and veggies and water and stuff.

I love those too!

IsaChandra wrote:
fatcat wrote:

One pound is awesome! It's hard to lose weight, if I lost a pound a week I'd be really happy. So give yourself a huggy.

totally! one pound a week would thrill me!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:02 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Yes - the 5 points is for the So Delicious stuff - at least the flavored ones. I've tried to make coconut and almond yogurt with my maker, but it never sets right like soy does. Plus the homemade almond tasted disgusting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:46 am 

awesome, thanks! :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:21 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I finally managed to make it a day without using all my points and I'm down two more pounds. I was skeptical, but now I'm glad I tried this program.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:35 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

I'm back on WW this week after overindulging during my first MoFo. I managed to put on over 7lbs in a month. Lots of 0 point fruit and veg ahoy :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:21 pm 
Nailed to the V

I'm back on WW. I had joined in January and I lost around 15 pounds but have since gained it all back. I got pneumonia twice in the past 6 months and being sick always seems to derail me, especially when it's something like pneumonia where I am sick for weeks. So now that I'm feeling well again, it's time for some healthy habit making. I kept trying to do sparkpeople recently but never followed through for more than a day or two. I figure maybe shelling out some money will put some fire under my asparagus, it worked the first time. I am excited, it's only my second day but I am feeling good, glad I made the decision to join again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I did it, I joined! After a long and pitiful day of self loathing I just decided to give it a try. A friend of mine is doing it and is having success, so I figured what the hell. The site looks a little confusing so far, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. Wish me luck!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:18 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

The website gets a lot easier as you go. I don't use the it much other than for tracking points.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:40 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I just finished my first week, and I'm 2.5ish pounds down. I lost about 20 pounds on the old points system in high school and again a couple years ago. I'm the smallest I've been as an adult, but I still have about 30 pounds to go.

I'm using the shiitake out of the free fruit points.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Ok, two days in and I am feeling good. Looking forward to a full week so I can weigh in and see if I have done any damage!

Not sure if this is allowed or not, I don't want to start any unhealthy practices. But have any of you thought about doing before and after pics and posting them? Mods, if you don't think that is appropriate please say so.

I don't think I saw any, but this is a long thread and I am still reading through it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:48 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I went to a restaurant I rarely get to go to and ordered my favorite thing, which is full of wheat and other point unfriendly carbs. I ended up using all my activity points and being -1 on my weekly points, which has never happened before. I'm hoping the creep on the scale isn't too bad tomorrow morning and I got back on track starting today.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:11 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

How are you guys dealing with Thanksgiving? I just planned my meal and plugged it all into WW. I was over my entire days points and that is just for dinner itself! Ahhhhhh!

I am going to make Chickpea cutlets, mashed potatoes, green bean and mushroom casserole, mushroom gravy, and pumpkin cheesecake with pecan crunch topping. All Isa's recipes but I added some extras to my mashed potatoes like garlic powder and earth balance. I have 2 servings of the chickpea cutlets and 2 servings of gravy accounted for, but everything else is just 1 serving. I might need to skip the pumpkin cheesecake :o(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:23 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Eat half at lunch and half at dinner?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:14 am 

Waaaa I totally miss it but we don't have the fundage to spare right now - I'm trying to look at old points (I recorded a lot of them in my food journal) but it doesn't really work the same.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next