| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: new WW plan coming out soon
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:58 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

fatcat wrote:
Joyfulgirl - I am dying to know how well it works. The list of foods doesn't seem that restrictive, but I don't know if I trust it.

yeah, so far it's pretty terrifying. Breakfast was scrambled tofu and home fries. I feel like I ate so much. I wasn't really paying attention to portion sizes, but I was quite full. And dinner was the same way. I made a tofu and kale stir fry and took half the pan. and went down to get seconds (convinced that I was still hungry) and then I realized there was a whole block of tofu in there to begin with. No way can I still be hungry after half a block of tofu and a lot of kale. I'm going to have to watch my portion sizes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:55 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

That's one reason I feel like I would struggle with Simply Filling....I know I would eat way too big of portion sizes. When I am tracking points, it forces me to pre-measure a portion and account for its points. If I had "free food" I know I would convince myself I was still hungry and over eat. Even though it's healthy food, it's still possible to eat too much of it.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:22 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I am finallly back! I have no plans on becoming overwhelmingly busy any time soon, so I should be able to stick with it. My points went down to 27, but i had done really well on 29 last year, so I am tempted to just keep it the same.

I havent looked into Simply Filling yet, but Im interested.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:14 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

joyfulgirl wrote:
I've been doing terribly lately. went up 7 lbs in the past month or so (due to thanksgiving, vacation, and a vegan roommate that loves making Christmas cookies!). Now I'm going to try doing Simply Filling for most of the week and see if that gets me back on track.

yeah i did 10 pounds in the last few months or so - so horribly disheartening.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:03 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

appifanie wrote:

Same here. I'm debating on cancelling because I feel like I've gotten the lessons that I'm going get out of the program, so the only reason for me to stay on is accountability. I suppose that's as good a reason as any.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:18 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

appifanie wrote:
joyfulgirl wrote:
I've been doing terribly lately. went up 7 lbs in the past month or so (due to thanksgiving, vacation, and a vegan roommate that loves making Christmas cookies!). Now I'm going to try doing Simply Filling for most of the week and see if that gets me back on track.

Yeah, I put on about 5 during the holidays. But, it's my fault and I do not understand moderation and nog. I can't wait until that stuff is off the shelves.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:39 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I made french toast this morning with coconut nog. That may be part of my problem.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:07 pm 

fatcat wrote:
appifanie wrote:

Same here. I'm debating on cancelling because I feel like I've gotten the lessons that I'm going get out of the program, so the only reason for me to stay on is accountability. I suppose that's as good a reason as any.

see, i DID quit because i thought the same. my 10 are since quitting. sigh.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:42 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I was bad for New Years. I didn't know Champagne would set me back that much. Not looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I didn't track at all over my holiday vacation. I was off from work for like 10 days or something. But I did workout 5 times. I weighed in this morning at exactly the same weight as before I went on vacation. So basically I ate a lot of effing food and managed to work off all of the excess. At least I didn't gain....I was hoping for a loss though. Damn sugar cookies! Oh and ice cream sundaes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:21 am 
Keepin' It Seal

Okay, I'm getting back on track for the new year. I'm going to cook a lot more from Appetite for Reduction. I started off last year cooking from it almost exclusively and then let it fall a bit. it's coming back now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:34 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I joined for the first time 2 weeks ago. AFR was already my favorite cookbook and now I love it even more! I haven't lost any weight yet but I'm having a hard time tracking. I need to start inputing into the recipe builder. I get overwhelmed when it comes time to figure out the points. I'm glad I'm not living on prepackaged and frozen foods but I am a bit jealous of how easy the omnis in my meetings have it. Tracking wise that is.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:57 pm 

okay, i'm back! and they took 3 points away from me. le sigh. the shorts i bought last summer will fit again! Dammit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:59 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

appifanie wrote:
okay, i'm back! and they took 3 points away from me. le sigh. the shorts i bought last summer will fit again! Dammit.

Funny - I cancelled yesterday. I just don't feel like the $19 a month was worth it since I was basically paying for tracking software. I appreciate the lessons I learned on food choices and I'm hoping I can go it on my own from now on.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:12 pm 

I totally felt the same way and then I gained a bunch of weight. Alas. Good luck!! :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:00 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

appifanie wrote:

i'm back too, appifanie. yay! started up again on monday & so far i'm kick'n booty. w00t!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:46 am 

hurray! my workouts have gotten me nice arms and legs and now WW can help my cute new clothes from last summer fit again :)

go us!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:49 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

In order to be successful with the Online membership, I feel like you have to be ULTRA self-motivated. Some people are, but I feel like most of us aren't as self motivated as we would need to be in order to remain 100% accountable with just the online membership. I work in a WW center and we get a lot of online members who come in frustrated because they aren't losing as much as they would like...and they usually aren't feeling very motivated. I switched from online to meetings last year, and I don't regret it one bit. I got (and still get) so much motivation, knowledge, and support out of the meetings, plus the accountability not only to the scale but to the friends I made in my meeting. The first time I missed a week, I had someone ask me the next week where I was. I haven't missed once since. ;)

If Online works for you, awesome, more power to you...but I really feel like there is something to be said for doing WW the way Jean Niedetch intended...in a meeting with others who "get it."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:24 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I've been stuck between 150 and 152 (up and down) for 5 weeks in a row now, even with kicking up my exercise time and intensity and adding some new things to the mix. I had kept my points at 29 when the minimum went down to 26, so I've bumped them down to 27 for this week. I'm also getting rid of my morning coffee, which is usually 2 points worth of almond milk and sugar per day. I'm hoping that does the trick, because I'm starting to get discouraged.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:02 pm 
Chip Strong

I'm doing this. My scale broke the day of my first weigh in and I ordered another one so that's where I'm at right now!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:25 pm 

doing a great job! then i went snack shopping at TJs. Now only doing mediocre. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:38 pm 
Huffs Nooch

All right, I am doing this thing.

appifanie wrote:
doing a great job! then i went snack shopping at TJs. Now only doing mediocre. :)

I can totally relate to this...there is just NO godly way to only eat a tablespoon of the edamame hummus or have just one maple cookie.

karichelle wrote:
In order to be successful with the Online membership, I feel like you have to be ULTRA self-motivated. Some people are, but I feel like most of us aren't as self motivated as we would need to be in order to remain 100% accountable with just the online membership. I work in a WW center and we get a lot of online members who come in frustrated because they aren't losing as much as they would like...and they usually aren't feeling very motivated. I switched from online to meetings last year, and I don't regret it one bit. I got (and still get) so much motivation, knowledge, and support out of the meetings, plus the accountability not only to the scale but to the friends I made in my meeting. The first time I missed a week, I had someone ask me the next week where I was. I haven't missed once since. ;)

If Online works for you, awesome, more power to you...but I really feel like there is something to be said for doing WW the way Jean Niedetch intended...in a meeting with others who "get it."

I might be one of the few exceptions to this, but I am also incredibly introverted and tend to do best on my own in most aspects of my life. I tried the meetings out... I personally found them to be largely unhelpful, and that was exacerbated by the fact that the leader and other members were always talking about how important it was to eat lean meats, etc... it was just hard for me and I don't feel like I ever really learned anything at the meetings. I am very diligent about tracking my foods online, and I also have grown to enjoy the online WW community. They have a vegetarian message board with a lot of vegans, and it's a good way to be accountable to others while choosing what types of people you interact with so you don't have to sit through meetings about topics that either don't pertain to you, or even downright offend you. But again, that is just my experience and probably has a lot to do with my introverted nature.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:44 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

day 6 here and i'm still kick'n booty. earned myself a mimosa with my activity points today. w00t!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:04 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Bella Luna wrote:
I tried the meetings out... I personally found them to be largely unhelpful, and that was exacerbated by the fact that the leader and other members were always talking about how important it was to eat lean meats, etc... it was just hard for me and I don't feel like I ever really learned anything at the meetings. I am very diligent about tracking my foods online, and I also have grown to enjoy the online WW community. They have a vegetarian message board with a lot of vegans, and it's a good way to be accountable to others while choosing what types of people you interact with so you don't have to sit through meetings about topics that either don't pertain to you, or even downright offend you.

It's really important to find a leader and a group that you mesh with, and "leader shop" until you find one, IMO. That's what really makes it. You just need somebody you click with. It's amazing how differently two people can present the same topic, and how everyone has their own style. That's often colored by their own personal experience. My old leader was vegetarian herself, but I didn't know that for a while. I mostly clicked with her because she was closer to my age. My current leader isn't vegetarian, but she knows there are at least two of us in the room who are, and we talk about vegetarian options a lot. People do talk about meat because that's what they eat, but most of the meetings aren't focused on talking about specific foods and aren't supposed to be. As a receptionist now, I am also enjoying reaching out to my fellow veg*n members in other meetings and offering them support. :)

I'm definitely not saying WW online is bad -- just that if you are struggling with it, it's worth giving the meetings a try. :) If you are having success, that's great!

I'm also on the Vegetarian board...username on there is the same as here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:36 pm 

Bella Luna wrote:
All right, I am doing this thing.

appifanie wrote:

I can totally relate to this...there is just NO godly way to only eat a tablespoon of the edamame hummus or have just one maple cookie.

thankfully i'm gluten intolerant so i generally don't buy gluten containing things but if i make cupcakes or cookies, i'm forked. but yeah, badness.

also point unfriendly - frosting. don't do it people. step away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next