| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: new WW plan coming out soon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:52 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

ugh that stinks. one of my high school best buddies is a WW leader in southeast connecticut - she looks AMAZING (she's even in the may issue of WW magazine!). maybe once you "win" youcan be a WW leader and save local people from misinformation :D

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:45 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Back on WW again. This is not only for weight loss, but my eating habits have really deteriorated. I find that I make much healthier choices when I'm on WW.

What I really have to do is track *everything*, even on those days when I make, ahem, less-than-wise choices. Enough with the perfectionism! If I go over my points, I go over my points! It's not a contest to see how big a train wreck I can make!

. . .

Whew, that feels better. Okay, I'm repeating to myself: It's not a race, it's a process. A yummy, sweaty process.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:12 am 

fenice i understand! i totally will be like "well i forked this day up, let's just keep eating and quit logging" - bad!

i think maybe i eat too many bananas some days. some fruits, if i eat too much, it interferes with weight loss. i mean bananas and those tiny yummy mangos.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:17 pm 

from the joy of vegan baking today I had:
1 cup soymilk
1 frozen banana
2 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp sugar
blend. bliss. 3 weight watchers points. chocolate craving satisfied.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:54 pm 
***LIES!!!***

On my husband's first week of WW - I lost 5 pounds! I kicked his asparagus!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:32 am 

awesome!

i'm back to 140.6 which is my first 5% goal and 6.8 lbs up from where I was last summer. I have to get those down so I can fit in my shorts again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:06 am 
Married to the wolfman

Ariann wrote:
My husband says he will join me at WW after Passover, maybe that will be more motivating. I have 90 pounds to lose, he has 30-40 and doesn't care that much about losing, but I care a lot about beating him.

This made me laugh so hard that coffee went out my nose, because I know exactly what you mean. My husband has maybe 20 lbs to lose to get to his ideal weight (if that), buuut I kinda wish he would be like "yes! I will lose weight too!" so I had someone to compete against.

I'm not back to WW-- I keep meaning to look and see if they've made an even sort of usable iPhone app since last time I was interested. Right now I'm calorie tracking using a mobile app, which is great because I can type shiitake in no matter where I am. (Important as I spend like 90% of my life hauling children to various locations, and the other 10% at the grocery store.)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:07 pm 

i use the ww iphone app and I like it. it's a little annoying lately in that it sometimes won't look stuff up so I have to close it and log back in, but otherwise it's good.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:04 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I lost 3.4 pounds last week!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:08 am 

hurray!!

i had like 43 points one day, so no weight loss. ahem.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:23 am 
And you never will.

Well, I'm thinking about signing up for WW. I did it years and years ago (like, maybe 8 or 9 years ago?) with my mom, and it worked pretty well for me then. I think I really need the accountability the meetings offer. I know a lot has changed since I did it, so I'm not really sure what to expect. I think I might go along to a free meeting to check it out before signing up. Do you guys think the eTools is worth it if you're going to the meetings as well?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:59 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I only use eTools for tracking points and I only have it because the cheapest way to pay for meetings includes eTools for free. It definitely does not replace going to meetings if you're looking for accountability.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:12 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

The Monthly Pass is the cheapest way to pay for meetings and it includes eTools so you can track online or on a Smartphone. There are only a very small amount of franchises that don't sell the Monthly Pass now...most of the U.S. is corporate now when it comes to WWers so you probably won't have to worry about that.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:46 am 
And you never will.

Thanks guys! I went and signed up for the monthly pass yesterday! Then I cycled 16 miles. I'm excited!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:38 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Go you! :)

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:24 pm 
And you never will.

I have a question! I know you don't have to eat your weekly points, and you don't have to eat your activity points, but is there a point at which you maybe should? I've collected 31 activity points so far this week (I've cycled 43 miles this week, and I'm planning on going out again tonight!) and I've only eaten 5 of my weekly points. Tomorrow is my weigh in, so I'm not changing anything for this week (obviously), but in future would it be better to eat more of my points? I know they said those extra points are just there if you want them, but 75 points left at the end of the week seems like a lot.

What do you guys do? Do you eat your weekly points? Do you eat activity points? Some/all?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:59 pm 

I was just wondering this! Eating my weekly points never goes well for me but I've had more activity points lately and I wonder if I should eat them or not.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:58 pm 
And you never will.

Well, I lost 10.6 my first week, with 31 total activity points earned and 42 leftover weekly points (but there were a few days that I didn't eat all of my daily points). Of course most of that is water weight, and I'm a big girl with a lot to lose. I won't be surprised at all if I don't lose anything this week after last week. Also, I'm making my cousin's wedding cake this weekend, and I just haven't had time to go cycling except once (earned 10 points, though!). We'll see!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:49 pm 

holy shiitake, that's amazing! i got down to 133 last summer and back up to 149 or so and now i'm 143 and STUCK. of course, i'd also totally quit gluten while my husband was overseas and now he's back and gluten and i have secret rendezvous.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:21 pm 
Nooch of Earl

So I signed up for the online plan about 3 weeks ago. I'm almost hesitant to admit it here and have hardly told anybody IRL because I have such cognitive dissonance about it. I really do believe that large amounts of long term weight loss are unrealistic, that people should be happy with their bodies and focus on health rather than weight loss, etc. I don't even own a scale. I don't think fat is bad. However, simultaneously existing alongside this is dissatisfaction with how out of shape I've felt since giving birth, and now that the baby is 9 months old I really would like to fit back into all my old clothes! I was at the top of my normal weight range when I became pregnant, so even though I'm back at my pre-pregnancy weight by now, I'm not as happy with my fitness level as when I went running a few times a week, etc.

So anyway, the main benefit so far of following the plan is that I make sure to set some time at least 2-3x/week where I hand off the baby to the husband and go work out alone for a few minutes. It's nice to have that time to myself, however briely. As soon as we get settled in a new home across the country, I'm planning to join a gym with childcare and am so excited about having this time to myself.

I signed up for the 3 months online, but I think when that's up I'll just cancel, though I may continue to track points - there's an iphone/ipad app called "Points Calculator Plus Tracker" that doesn't have the foods database or the stuff to calculate how much you're allowed each day, but if it's hard to find vegan ingredients in their database anyway I'll probably have to do the calculations manually regardless.

I have to say that so far I've been pretty hungry, since we're living out of a hotel room right now and it's really hard to make eating out all the time work with this. I keep fruit around but I wish it were easier to just make a ton of veggies to fill me up at meals.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:36 am 

anna, i understand. my baby is 5 1/2 and my pre-pregnancy stuff doesn't fit. 9 months is still totally reasonable unlike my 66 months :D

also! if you're in mystic! one of my high school best friends is a WW meeting leader and she looks amazing. AMAZING. we were fat dorks together and she is just amazing now - she was even in WW magazine! I can find out where she leads meetings at, if you're interested.

actually, since i can't figure out the WW site, i'm going to ask her about the activity points.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:40 pm 
Nooch of Earl

appifanie wrote:
anna, i understand. my baby is 5 1/2 and my pre-pregnancy stuff doesn't fit. 9 months is still totally reasonable unlike my 66 months :D

also! if you're in mystic! one of my high school best friends is a WW meeting leader and she looks amazing. AMAZING. we were fat dorks together and she is just amazing now - she was even in WW magazine! I can find out where she leads meetings at, if you're interested.

actually, since i can't figure out the WW site, i'm going to ask her about the activity points.

That's neat, although we just left Mystic actually.. my husband's working in Newport for the next couple of weeks, after which we'll be gradually winding our way to San Diego.

A few weeks in (4!!), I'm still awfully ambivalent about the program. However, it's definitely gotten me to be more active, whether in giving me a good structure in which to toss the baby at my husband and run to the fitness center here at the hotel, or a good motivation to go hiking. The frustrating thing is that I feel like it steers me towards less interesting food choices. Like, if I eat at Moe's or something it's easy enough to calculate points, but I was kind of scratching my head at a raw vegan place in Montreal last week. I ended up filing my raw crepe florentine as a handful of cashews plus the nutritional info I found online for a random raw crepe recipe and calling it a day, but ??? And the whole week was like that.

Before I moved to the east coast and got pregnant, I stayed in fairly good shape by just running a lot--about 2 miles 3x/week plus one or two longer runs each week--and eating whatever I wanted, and I miss that. I fantasize about joining a gym with childcare, and having my running stroller (and san diego weather!!) back.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:48 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

hello! resurrecting this thread to announce that i joined WW online yesterday and i'm quite excited about it.

i think i remember someone on the ppk had posted the points plus values of the meals in appetite for reduction, and my google-fu isn't working... was i dreaming that or did someone actually do that?

thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:56 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I just found this while looking for something else... is this what you were looking for?

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=657&start=600

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:49 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I signed onto weight watchers for the first time in awhile today and after tracking my weight my daily points went from 29 to 26. I thought 29 was as low as they went! I can do 26, but it's going to be difficult.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next