| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Weight Watchers versus Sparkpeople
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:35 am 
Tofu Pup

I was using weight watchers to track my foods, but as a vegan I grew concerned that even though I was meeting my points balance every day, I was unaware of how much protein I was getting. So I plugged a few of my days foods into Sparkpeople and discovered at times I just wasn't getting enough protein. In fact one day, I was as low as only 20 grams! Being as I recently began a weight lifting program several days a week, that really worried me. Since I have been playing with various meals and foods in Sparkpeople I have a handle on it and have no trouble at all attaining 50-70g a day (I'm a small girl, 5'2" and 125lbs.). Also, tracking the carbs, fat, vitamins and minerals, etc is very beneficial. :)

Anyone have a similar experience?

Post subject: Re: Weight Watchers versus Sparkpeople
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:31 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I have tried WW and Sparkpeople in the past, but My Fitness Pal is what's really working for me right now. I find it's really easy to log food, add new recipes, etc. and there's a lot of food already in there. I also like that MFP doesn't push the social factor (although it's there for people who find that helpful) or add arbitrary badges or achievements.

Bottom line though, different things work for different people and it's a good thing that there are several different options out there!

Post subject: Re: Weight Watchers versus Sparkpeople
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:40 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

i can see how it'd be easy not to get enough protein on weight watchers because they really encourage you to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Weight watchers is what really works for me to lose weight, but I made a point to make sure I was eating protein with all of my meals and I didn't exercise much. I agree that if you really need to track protein, weight watchers isn't the best one out there.