| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Breast pain anyone?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:38 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Yes, I already made a dr appt! It's for Wednesday. I hereby state that I am not asking for medical advice, nor will I depend on medical advice from the internet. I will not do anything you say and I will see the dr and do what he says. ;)

In the meantime...

I am 36. No kids/not pregnant. Not on hormonal BC. Pain is 99% of the time only in my right breast. In case that means anything. About 4 years ago I had a "fluid filled cyst" causing me tons of pain. It was checked out and mammogrammed and ultrasounded and eventually it calmed down, only to kick up a few little pains here and there over the years. Suddenly the pain is back full force. It is so painful! I could never figure out if it was triggered or irritated by something... my theories were mostly soy or caffeine. I only drink decaf now, usually 1 cup a day, but I know that has a little caffeine in it. I don't eat or drink tons of soy - usually just some tofutti on my english muffin in the morning, and occasional tofu scramble.

This month it has really been especially painful. Starting 2 weeks before my period, ramping up to very painful the last couple of days - I'm on day 4 of my period now. Also it does not necessarily happen every month, and the days of the month it hurts seem fairly sporadic.

Anyhow, I have googled too much already, and supposedly breast pain occurs in like 50-70 percent of women? Well I feel pretty alone and annoyed and hurty and very slightly anxious. Do that many people really get breast pain? I guess maybe it's just not talked about?! I don't know anyone with this same issue. Would any PPKers care to make me feel less alone, or let me know if they found anything that helped them to lessen breast pain? I've seen some articles mention iodine or vitamin E. Haven't tried those yet.

Thanks in advance, kind PPKers.

Post subject: Re: Breast pain anyone?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:57 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry that is happening to you. Is it localized in any way?

I hope you feel better soon and find a way to manage or cure the pain. It sounds horrible! Sending you many good thoughts!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:02 am 

Thanks Tofulish! Even ibuprofen is not really helping it tonight, and I rarely take pills or painkillers so usually 2 ibuprofen will work pretty well for me. Hm... it sort of radiates. It doesn't feel especially localized.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:05 am 
Semen Strong

I'm so sorry - I've had breast pain, but only associated with breastfeeding - and there the pain is localized to one particular duct at a time. Its really painful, so I completely feel your pain and know how intensely unpleasant this must be.

Sending you lots of good thoughts and hopes that you find a cause and a way to address it soon. I am sorry you're suffering tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:07 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Well the way you are describing it, it sounds a lot more painful than what I have experienced, but I used to get breast pains when I was a teenager and in my early twenties. It was sort of a throbbing, not that it was super painful; it was that kind of repetitive, dull, pulsing pain feeling. (I'm now a dude and have no breasts just for the record!) (But the pain stopped happening at a certain age, maybe like 23/24 - I haven't felt it in years)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:07 am 

Tofulish wrote:
I'm so sorry - I've had breast pain, but only associated with breastfeeding - and there the pain is localized to one particular duct at a time. Its really painful, so I completely feel your pain and know how intensely unpleasant this must be.

Sending you lots of good thoughts and hopes that you find a cause and a way to address it soon. I am sorry you're suffering tonight.

Well, at least I don't have to feed anyone with my boob in this condition! ;) Thanks for your kind thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:11 am 

Mars wrote:
Well the way you are describing it, it sounds a lot more painful than what I have experienced, but I used to get breast pains when I was a teenager and in my early twenties. It was sort of a throbbing, not that it was super painful; it was that kind of repetitive, dull, pulsing pain feeling. (I'm now a dude and have no breasts just for the record!) (But the pain stopped happening at a certain age, maybe like 23/24 - I haven't felt it in years)

Yes it is somewhat throbby! That's a good description. I never had any pain until I was in my 30's. I have never had much in the breast department - I swear they grew a little tiny bit in my late 20's/early 30's which seems very random to me. They used to be like 1/2 an A cup and now they're almost an A cup. Sad that breasts so small could hurt so much!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:32 am 
WRETCHED

I used to get horrible PMS pains especially on a certain birth control but since you aren't on any, it could just be natural hormones.

Also, around the time of my last gynecological visit, I was having breast pain weeks prior to my period and the doctor felt around for any cysts (that is the breast that I did have a cyst in at one point). He didn't feel anything and he said it had something to do with salt consumption? Or something :) Basically fluid retention in the breast can cause pain. It was a minor pain though compared to the PMS pains I had on the one BC pill.

I hope you get some relief soon.