| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Alright PPK...who has garlic in their vajayjay right now
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:06 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

smoothie wrote:
Seriously, I have a yeast infection at least once a month. This is not normal, right? My doctor says that some women just gets them often, but I am not cool with this. i'm garlickin' it up right now, but ugh.

Some women do just get them really frequently. Is it tied to your cycle? Vaginal pH changes right before your period which can allow the balance of bacteria to shift enough that yeast gets a hold. Some women find oral contraceptives can also lead to more yeast infections.

Another possibility, if they keep coming back, is that your boyfriend has an asymptomatic yeast infection and is reinfecting you after you clear it out.

AP, do you boil your cup between uses?

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:20 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

j-dub wrote:
smoothie wrote:
Seriously, I have a yeast infection at least once a month. This is not normal, right? My doctor says that some women just gets them often, but I am not cool with this. i'm garlickin' it up right now, but ugh.

Some women do just get them really frequently. Is it tied to your cycle? Vaginal pH changes right before your period which can allow the balance of bacteria to shift enough that yeast gets a hold. Some women find oral contraceptives can also lead to more yeast infections.

Another possibility, if they keep coming back, is that your boyfriend has an asymptomatic yeast infection and is reinfecting you after you clear it out.

AP, do you boil your cup between uses?

Ehhhhh, sometimes? I am definitely going to every time with this new one. I needed a new one anyway, as I've noticed that the smaller sized one isn't really working for me since I got within a few months of turning 30 (leaks a lot more), so I ordered the bigger size. Mine's about 5 years old, so I figure I'm due for a new one. But yeah, definitely boiling every time from now on. I worry a lot about the boyfriend with an asymptomatic one, but we generally avoid sex when I'm having them because I feel yucky, so I'm hoping that isn't the case. Since they almost always come during the last 2 days of my period, I'm blaming the gross/infected cup or my cycle.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:26 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Right, so I finally got my first yeast infection since going vegan thanks to a course of antibiotics. I have my first clove shoved up there. Got a bit of relief straight away. Garlic breath isn't too bad yet.

But I have never been so excited to get a yeast infection so I could finally try this out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:23 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

daisychain wrote:
But I have never been so excited to get a yeast infection so I could finally try this out.

This is the PPKest thing anybody has ever said.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:06 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So I got enough relief to actually manage to sleep but I was soooooooo uncomfortable this morning I ended up getting some stuff from the pharmacy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:53 pm 
Dildo Queen

i have garlic in right now...i always get infections exactly 7 days after my period ends. EVERY MONTH WITHOUT FAIL. whether i consume sugar or not. i've tried "Candida-stop" pills, i've been to 7 doctors, i've bought new underwear and wash/dry on hot cycle, boil my cup every month, i've tried taking probiotics for 6 months straight, go a whole month without bf's weiner near me and i still get them. i find that garlic can keep the symptoms at bay as long as i catch it early enough. sometimes it's too late and i have to buy flucozanole. annoyyiiiing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:45 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So thanks to me constantly forgetting to get a new supply of cream I am all yeastie again. It's the early stages yet so I shoved the garlic up again last night. It did some work this time. Feel a lot more comfortable today but still a little itchy so will do another clove tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:44 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So sad. Despite getting some relief from the garlic it didn't work. The infection got worse so yesterday I had to go get pessaries and cream.

Then to top it all off I was a bit lazy today with my fluid intake and got dehydrated. Peeing is actually torture right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7