| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: So our landlord sucks and there was a lot of mould in ou
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:11 pm 
Semen Strong

Sick girl cage fight?

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Tofulish wrote:
Sick girl cage fight?

Too tired, maybe after a nap.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:20 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

fezza wrote:
Nope, still doesn't make sense. You're asthmatic with a "fatal lung disease" which is in "remission" (or something), why would you do anything to risk the health of your lungs? Why would you move into a house with mould? Why would your family & friends let you? Why even bother going back to University at the same time that you were telling PPKers you would die by February? When did the odds become 50/50, weren't the your odds worse on the old boards?

*nods*
Alien wrote:
if you wanna go ahead and accuse me of lying about my death some more, go ahead.

Yes, you're lying. The disease you mentioned some while ago is not lethal, yet you claim(ed) to be dying in a few months, being some where between February and April if I remember correctly.

Claiming to be dying of a disease while it's not true is not nice, or perhaps just manipulating people.
This could be partly explained by your (parents)history, your own (mental) problems and your alcohol problem, but that doesn't justify it.
Manipulating people in such a way made you lose a lot of credit with me, perhaps the forum and your real life "friends" too.

Talk to your counselor about it, if you're still seeing him/her that is. Join the AA; sort your problems out.

Your behavior does not match that of people who know the end is near. Who gives a shiitake about a little bit of mold if one is going to die in a few months time?

(I've got a co-worker who's husband was diagnosed with cancer and they gave him a life expectancy of a few months and I've seen how that influences people)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:41 pm 
Saggy Butt

i said that the current thing isnt killing me by february but that the overall thing is going to kill me which is what i've been told by medical authorities. if i was doing it for special treatment or whatever i'd've told everybody and mentioned it to people, which i havent, i made one topic about it when i was upset and didnt talk about it past then, and ive never used it for leverage or anything.
i also don't drink, or drive, whichever AA you mean. i was simply told by some doctors that i am going to die of this disease and this is what i believe.i simply made a topic asking if a completely unrelated type of mold was what was making me sick...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:42 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I had my doubts about her story too, but they're doubts - not facts. Telling someone they're lying about their death/diseases when there's a chance they're not lying could just be really hurtful.

And there's no one way to act when you find out you're going to die. There's a common way, maybe (not necessarily for 21 year olds) but for others, but it doesn't hold true in all cases.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:47 pm 

Alien wrote:
i also don't drink,

You don't drink? So your stories in the former drunk thread and other stories about incidents while being drunk are also not true?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:54 pm 
Saggy Butt

whilst saying i havent drunk in ages would be untrue, i haven't drunk in daytime or alone or more than once a week since before about june. i have drunk socially and nothing else, and do not consider myself to have an alcohol problem in any sense of the term. can you think about how hurtful you're being for a second...?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:59 pm 

Alien wrote:
i have drunk socially and nothing else, and do not consider myself to have an alcohol problem in any sense of the term. can you think about how hurtful you're being for a second...?

I like to call that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tough_love

I've mentioned your alcohol problem before, which you back then denied = classical response from an addict.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:00 pm 

Alien wrote:
whilst saying i havent drunk in ages would be untrue, i haven't drunk in daytime or alone or more than once a week since before about june. i have drunk socially and nothing else, and do not consider myself to have an alcohol problem in any sense of the term. can you think about how hurtful you're being for a second...?

Can you consider why people are getting confused for a second? Saying you don't drink is totally different from saying you are no longer drinking seriously/dangerously. You are the one typing the inconsistencies about yourself/your health. People were really hurt to think of you being so gravely ill and now they're hurt because the inconsistencies in your stories are confusing them. A lot of people like you here Alien but something isn't quite right in how you're putting your story across, no one else can control that but you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:10 pm 
Saggy Butt

I was thinking I didn't drink anymore then realised I've decided against alcohol completely in the last day or so so it doesn't really count.
There is a whole story, and it is very stupidly long, and this forum and the old forum have probably heard more of it than anybody else has, and i've heard so many different stories from so many bloody doctors that I've always figured thats where the confusion comes from. i got 'called out' on my blog and explained everything to the best of my ability, but thats about it from what i've seen.
i also tend to think ppkers dislike me as i seem to kill all the topics i post in (except this one with the phoebehate) but then i might just be boring. ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:27 pm 

I understand that health stuff can be confusing and changeable, perhaps if you were more upfront when changes occur rather than just dropping 1/2 stores into threads people would be able to follow you better. Perhaps something you don't want to do but worth thinking about. I know plenty of people here like you but you're making a lot of people uncomfortable (and upset) with the way you're giving information.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:35 pm 
Saggy Butt

okay. well i'll try to stop talking about it in the way i do and i'm sorry for upsetting people. i've explained it as best i can for now. ive always liked you and angry you makes me sad panda. now back to glee humping.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:00 am 
Level 7 Vegan

fezza wrote:
Alien wrote:

Can you consider why people are getting confused for a second? Saying you don't drink is totally different from saying you are no longer drinking seriously/dangerously. You are the one typing the inconsistencies about yourself/your health. People were really hurt to think of you being so gravely ill and now they're hurt because the inconsistencies in your stories are confusing them. A lot of people like you here Alien but something isn't quite right in how you're putting your story across, no one else can control that but you.

I could be completely off since I have a terrible memory, but weren't you going to set up or leave all your money to a farm sanctuary or an animal shelter or something like that after your death? I had my doubts about your stories then and didn't feel comfortable when people were praising your generosity and amazingness for planning on leaving such a legacy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:58 am 
Naked Under Apron

Bun wrote:
fezza wrote:
Alien wrote:

I could be completely off since I have a terrible memory, but weren't you going to set up or leave all your money to a farm sanctuary or an animal shelter or something like that after your death? I had my doubts about your stories then and didn't feel comfortable when people were praising your generosity and amazingness for planning on leaving such a legacy.

OK, sorry if this makes it worse for you Alien, but you have told people here that you are dying and yet you are telling people on your blog that you are not:

http://poobee.tumblr.com/post/1514960393/how-is-your-health

http://poobee.tumblr.com/post/1561613571/are-you-dying

Now, giving you the benefit of the doubt, maybe you were told that you were going to die. But, even in that case, to accept people's sympathy here and then not come back and say 'Good news, I am not dying, thanks for all your good wishes' sucks balls.

Mat.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:33 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Veg_Eric wrote:
Your behavior does not match that of people who know the end is near. Who gives a shiitake about a little bit of mold if one is going to die in a few months time?

This. You've been seemingly so cool with the fact that you're going to kick the bucket in February. Also, do your friends know that you are apparently going to die? Or that this was a possibility? From what I can tell on your Facebook, it seems no one knows about it - or their all just as calloused about death as you and don't care.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:17 am 
Saggy Butt

my family knows nothing of my illness, hence how it isn't on facebook (plus i don't want to talk about it on facebook). my current housemates know about it and my boyfriend does and another friend and thats it. i dont like talking about myself and tend to play down any issues i have when telling people by laughing them off, so most people aren't taking me seriously and i don't really want to talk about it.
i've got nothing to leave but my overdraft, my plan was to see if i can sue the uni for the mould problem but i can do nothing but apply for legal aid to try and get a lawyer and there's little evidence left but doctors opinions so i'm not really sure if it's worth it.
When I said 'not anymore' when asked if i was dying, i was referring to the mould ball that was supposed to kill me by february and didn't. as i said i hate talking about it, let alone starting topics about it, and i'm sorry if that annoys you but i don't like talking about myself, especially when everybody else is talkinga bout more important things.
the 'how is your health' thing i didn't want to talk about the disease if it was just some random tumblr person asking me.
my basic knowledge of this is 'it is coming for me', and its pretty forking scary. and all i can do is wait for it. so i'm sorry if i don't bloody talk about it all the time.
when i got the news about the current mould ball i was in a house with no internet, and more focused on telling my friends. i'm sorry but...i'm doing things the way i want to do them...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:20 am 
Saggy Butt

can i also add that most people that aren't alcoholics also deny being alcoholics, so denial is the classic response of somebody that isn't an addict...?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:21 am 

This thread is making my brain bleed & my heart hurty.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:27 am 
Saggy Butt

this thread has made me cry excessively and its all kinds of awesome. theres not many other ways i can ask people to stop it if i've said as much as i can.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:37 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

posting comments about things that happens in this thread on facebook is not the best way to stop the thread from going on.

i have no idea what is going on in your life, and i do not know if you were ever going to die or not. but i would like to say that no matter what, your way of dealing with things seems quite unhealthy and i think it might be a good idea for you to seek some professional help. you seem to have a lot of issues going on, and therapy can really help with that. i know a lot of ppk'ers (myself included) have gotten a ton out of therapy.

i wish you all the best.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:09 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Alien wrote:
can i also add that most people that aren't alcoholics also deny being alcoholics, so denial is the classic response of somebody that isn't an addict...?

I understand where youre coming from, as someone who has had many periods in her life of drinking extremely heavily. I know addiction and dont see myself as an addict, even though I've had periods where I've drank almost daily. To others that may sound like addiction, but I know myself. Only you know yourself, but to many on this board you appear to be drunk often. I think the reason for this is that you call attention to your drinking through many of your posts and semi incoherent threads. Because this is a community where people develop feelings for each other, many people on theppk have developed feelings of concern for you that you dismiss. This should be taken as your signal to not post drunk if you truly have no drinking problem. As for the illness, I can see where youre coming from and I'm trying to understand your position, but again its difficult for us as a community to hear that you may be seriously ill and then to never hear anything about it again. People are being confrontational in this thread, but its because dropping a bomb that you are dying is harsh. No mention of possible recovery or any hard information on your disease makes it difficult for us to continue to relate. I hope this explains things to you a bit, not that I can speak for anyone else, but this is how I'm reading the situation.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:12 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

rocklobster wrote:
Alien wrote:

I understand where youre coming from, as someone who has had many periods in her life of drinking extremely heavily. I know addiction and dont see myself as an addict, even though I've had periods where I've drank almost daily. To others that may sound like addiction, but I know myself. Only you know yourself, but to many on this board you appear to be drunk often. I think the reason for this is that you call attention to your drinking through many of your posts and semi incoherent threads. Because this is a community where people develop feelings for each other, many people on theppk have developed feelings of concern for you that you dismiss. This should be taken as your signal to not post drunk if you truly have no drinking problem. As for the illness, I can see where youre coming from and I'm trying to understand your position, but again its difficult for us as a community to hear that you may be seriously ill and then to never hear anything about it again. People are being confrontational in this thread, but its because dropping a bomb that you are dying is harsh. No mention of possible recovery or any hard information on your disease makes it difficult for us to continue to relate. I hope this explains things to you a bit, not that I can speak for anyone else, but this is how I'm reading the situation.

You can speak for me because that's exactly how I feel.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:06 pm 
Saggy Butt

Okay. Okay. I'm definitely not lying and I know that. So I guess I have to stop being affected by the opinion that I am because I know I'm not. If I go out drinking and come back to my laptop, my brain always goes to happyppkland and that's why I post in the drunk thread, but I'm aware there was a point I was drinking in the day and I realised what it was and rapidly backed out of that pattern. I'm sorry to the people I've offended but can we please stop the hateythread now?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:00 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

rocklobster wrote:
Alien wrote:

I think this says very well what I'm thinking. In fact, I dropped you as a FB friend because I couldn't cope with reading about you dying on one on-line forum yet carrying on as normal on another.

I'm going through a personal situation which I've posted about a few times. A couple of times stone cold sober and a few times a bit drunk. I can't possibly blame people who've read those posts and infer what I'm thinking from them. I did it: I said it; there's no going back now. That's how it works with you too. Once we've got people on our side from what we once said, we either need to take time out to explain how it really is or not complain when that's how they think. I'm totally with you on that.

I know that however I say this will sound like a patronising older person who doesn't know what it's like, but honestly we were all once your age and do truly know how hard it was. I totally think that opening up in therapy would be a big grelief and make things seem so much easier. It's not always great to live out our dramas on the internet, not because
it's impersonal, FAR FROM IT, it's because we bring people in with us when we do it and we then have a responsibility to follow it through with them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:17 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Alien wrote:
I'm sorry to the people I've offended but can we please stop the hateythread now?

I'm actually surprised by how nice everyone in this thread is being to you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next