| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Irritable Bowel Syndrome - IBS
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:57 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

I found following the FODMAP diet brilliant for my IBS. I was even able to re-introduce some wheat but ate a granny smith apple a few weeks ago and it's only now my IBS is settling down again. It's still not great and I would kill to be able to eat some veg other than broccoli & carrot. I'm so bored with my diet lately and getting faaaaaaar too many calories with oven chips. I'm fine for protein, it's getting good carbs & a selection of fruit & veg that I'm struggling with at this point. I have to avoid migraine trigger foods, so it's even more complicated, bah.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:07 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

The FODMAP diet did nothing for me (I didn't notice a single change in symptoms) even though I followed it rigourously.

Can you eat greens like spinach/lettuce? Courgettes/Zucchini? Tomatoes? Those are pretty much what I had lots of when I was on the diet. I don't know about migraine trigger foods so perhaps they fall into that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:22 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

I'm eating salads and tomatoes when I have the energy to throw them together. I've had a lot of stress/fatigue lately so miss being able to throw healthy meals together easily. I think I need to meal plan and try to set aside times for food prep (I hate courgettes).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:44 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

My stomach is a little better this week, I still have no idea what set me off but I'm trying to stay away from eating too many raw veggies, which kind of sucks when you're trying to eat healthier. I had a green smoothie this morning and felt a little queasy for maybe 45 minutes after but it wasn't anything that bothered me too much. I think the worst part is just not knowing what causes it, the evil stomach demons can strike at any time!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:13 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Since starting my new job a month ago I've been absolutely miserable every day. I guess it's the stress? Anyway, I just figured.out all my symptoms add up to ibs and that I've had it for years. So I guess I'm going to work my way through this thread. I'm going to try a fennel supplement that got good reviews on amazon. Hope it helps because I'm not willing to change my diet quite yet!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12