| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: signs that your period is coming
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:45 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

i feel a little bloated, my boobs ache and feel heavy, and I get cramps. Still, I enjoy being a girl. It beats the hell out of inconvenient and awkward boners, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:38 am 
Nailed to the V

My boobs hurt, digestive system goes crazy, chest breaks out and I'm super sleepy. I'm either sad and restless or pissy and restless.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:05 am 
Total Hoover

I thought the people who have dreams about periods before starting were odd, but a few days ago I had a very detailed and awkward dream about getting my period. And had a few minor cramps and some times of ridiculous irritability with everyone. And lo and behold, the day after the dream I got sludge and the next day I got proper heavy period. I don't want and more dreams though, please.

Oh and someone mentioned weird butt cramps... yesterday I had an agonising one while having dinner with my flatmate. I just wanted to scream in pain and press my hands against my anus, but had to appear to be listening to her conversation.
And so so sweaty. Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:21 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I never used to have any symptoms, but since I got my IUD my boobs get huge a week in advance and they hurt. Gaaaah.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:04 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

anek, I was considering an iud, but the last thing I Need is my boobs to get bigger. augh. Also, they scare me, I just want them to hack out my lady parts.

I'm currently on seasonique. it's not awful.

http://www.beyondwillpower.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Willpower-Vegan-Weight-Loss-Journey-Blog/145691962154879 <<< Feel free to "like"

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:03 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

The day before I want to eat EVERYTHING & if I try to do cardio exercise I feel dizzy & faint however much I've eaten.

The exercise thing seems really weird to me, it only happens the day before I get my period. The day before that or the day after I'm fine. If I could work out which day was going to be the day before my period I just wouldn't go to the gym that day but I can't tell until the dizzy / faint thing happens. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:02 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I start thinking everyone is shouting because my ears get supersensitive. And the salt and oil cravings are awful.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:35 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I get cramps sometimes, mostly in my lower back (most consistent). Sometimes weirdly emotional ups and downs. Nothing's particularly consistent, so I have to keep an eye on the calendar and take a guess at when it'll happen. Thankfully, it's not usually floodgates just as soon as it happens, so I kinda figure it out in time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:32 am 
Nailed to the V

This was some of the longest PMS ever (after a hella stressful month). My period finally came last night... during a party where I didn't have my DivaCup. :( I had to eventually borrow a tampon from someone because I guess I never realized before that tampons are disgusting and confusing!

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:36 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

New one: lots and lots of peeing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:42 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My boobs feel like they're filled with rocks, and I have cravings for things I've never eaten in my life.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:22 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Goddammit. Didn't I just HAVE my period?!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:54 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

About 2-3 days prior my boobs hurt, my appetite is insatiable, and I'm completely impossible to be around.

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:03 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

you see blood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:08 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I try to dump Manfriend, I get these pains that I think are gas and could be but they feel like period pains, I break out a little bit, I cry at stupid crepe and I try to EAT EVERYTHING. I also get really paranoid that I'm preggers. The thing about my dumb period is that it never comes when I think it's going to. Like, I have all of these symptoms and then what feels like several days go by and bam. The rag.

Balls. :(

Now go eat some vegan food and don't complain about the world.
-Claire Galant, T.O.F.U Magazine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:41 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

i am really sad that there are so many of you that get paranoid that you're pregnant each and every month. that can cause some serious stress-related health problems.

please check out fertility awareness. you can chart and not even use the information you gain for birth control. (however it would make your preferred method [if your preferred method isn't hormone-based] that more effective if you knew the most inopportune time for your primary method to fail.)

but what i'm suggesting you use it for is to be able to pinpoint the time when you should expect your period. (when you bypass that point THEN you can start worrying, and even then, there are some symptoms/data points that would have already given you a suggestion that you might be pregnant, such as a temperature dip appx 7 days after ovulation and a triphasic or continuously rising temperature, a lack of which should help put your mind at ease.) <3

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=284

but if you prefer not to, i've heard good things about http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/
they're ridiculously cheap, and way more environmentally friendly than those big bulky plastic-encased pee sticks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:46 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

I think to myself "I must have skipped my period this month."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:00 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

supercarrot wrote:
i am really sad that there are so many of you that get paranoid that you're pregnant each and every month. that can cause some serious stress-related health problems.

please check out fertility awareness. you can chart and not even use the information you gain for birth control. (however it would make your preferred method [if your preferred method isn't hormone-based] that more effective if you knew the most inopportune time for your primary method to fail.)

but what i'm suggesting you use it for is to be able to pinpoint the time when you should expect your period. (when you bypass that point THEN you can start worrying, and even then, there are some symptoms/data points that would have already given you a suggestion that you might be pregnant, such as a temperature dip appx 7 days after ovulation and a triphasic or continuously rising temperature, a lack of which should help put your mind at ease.) <3

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=284

but if you prefer not to, i've heard good things about http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/
they're ridiculously cheap, and way more environmentally friendly than those big bulky plastic-encased pee sticks.

I do chart (I use an app called Pink Pad) but since my period generally comes a day or two early each month (I have like a 26-28 day cycle), if it's more than a few days late, yeah, I get nervous.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:12 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

maygles wrote:
I do chart (I use an app called Pink Pad) but since my period generally comes a day or two early each month (I have like a 26-28 day cycle), if it's more than a few days late, yeah, I get nervous.

i looked at the app page and read this
Quote:
While this app keeps track of your period and predicts your fertile days, it's totally wrong. It tracks BBT, CM and CP, but does not use this info to predict ovulation, how useless! All the young girls on the forums are relying on having unprotected sex after there fertile days are probably gonna get pregnant on faulty advice from a phone app. I actually know something about fertility and know when I ovulate- confirmed with BBT after getting positive OPKs. DON'T BUY! IT'S A WASTE OF MONEY!!!!

it sounds like it's a glorified calendar (aka rhythm) method application. which isn't nearly as helpful.

true charting, fertility awareness, is what i was talking about. not calendar (which is dangerous and inaccurate)
you can't use data from past cycles to accurately predict your current cycle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:18 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm not using it to chart fertility though; just a prediction of when my period should be coming (I have an IUD). I'm not really understanding why that's dangerous and inaccurate.

Also, I'm not getting pregnancy tests every month (and I don't think anyone else said they were worried about it every month, either) - it's happened maybe 4 times over the entirety of my menstrual history. I was more commenting on the fact that I found it hilarious that the times I DID buy one for peace of mind, my period started 2 seconds later.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:03 pm 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

i just figured out the #1 sign that i have my period: EVERYONE AROUND ME STARTS ACTING LIKE THE BIGGEST crasshole IN THE GODDAMN WORLD. ALL THE TIME.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:42 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

maygles wrote:
I'm not using it to chart fertility though; just a prediction of when my period should be coming (I have an IUD). I'm not really understanding why that's dangerous and inaccurate.

Also, I'm not getting pregnancy tests every month (and I don't think anyone else said they were worried about it every month, either) - it's happened maybe 4 times over the entirety of my menstrual history. I was more commenting on the fact that I found it hilarious that the times I DID buy one for peace of mind, my period started 2 seconds later.

the rhythm method is dangerous because it's inaccurate. (of course, less so for people with IUDs) but some people use it as their only birth control method. there's a reason there's a joke about it. "what do you call people who follow the rhythm method?... parents." it's because it's unscientific and inaccurate. you can't predict current and future cycles with data from past cycles. our bodies simply don't work that way.

as for your claim that nobody else has said that they worry each month, i present to you...

sarahnorine wrote:
I also get really paranoid that I'm preggers.

waxwolf wrote:
kale is your friend wrote:
And the belief that I'm almost certainly pregnant. Forgot about that.

I sometimes feel like the first month that I DON'T spend panicking about pregnancy is the month that I should be buying the pregnancy test I contemplate buying at least three days out of the seven before my period starts.

YES. I don't get the cramps, either, until I get my actual period, but as for the rest of this, a zillion times YES.

It's beautiful to know that other people have the "I'm a fork-up and my life is complete shiitake" thing before their periods, too. And the utter certainty that I'm pregnant. That one's terrible.

if you don't get paranoid each and every month, then my post directly after saranorine's wasn't directed at you. for people relying on condoms, fertility awareness is a godsend.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:53 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

countdown to shark week! I've pooped 6 times today. stupid hormones.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:26 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I get weird stomach aches and feel bloated, my boobs hurt a tiny bit, and I suddenly want to hit everyone who interacts with me. And I get tired. Also the past couple of months I've had cramps start well before I start bleeding, which is new (for me) and not awesome.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:45 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

CHIN BREAKOUTS. EVERY DAMN MONTH IN THE SAME DAMN PLACE. ARGH.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next