| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PMDD?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:23 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I'm used to having pms, usually mild cramps and lots of crying. Over the last couple years the crying has increased and I often, (usually about 5-8 days before my period,) reach an absolute point despair. I get overbearingly depressed and it feels very real. It makes me lethargic, I dont want to do anything productive and I cry about everything. It used to be somethng I could deal with but it's gotten so extreme, I feel like I have a few days of nervous breakdown every month. And it's not just happening right before my period anymore, tho its always correlated with cramps. I thought I had pms 3 weeks ago, but still no period. I had one last month but missed it the month before... My mom takes anti-depressants so she thinks mood stabalizing pills are great. I'm going to a doctor in two days to talk about this, but it wont be a gyno, just a family doc. My mom is really worried about me because my emotions have been so extreme lately, sometimes I really feel like I need pills. At the same time, I'm very weary and i feel like I just need to make some lifestyle changes. I'm just scared the doctor's going to put me on birth control because I probably have PMDD. I'm just really paranoid about it because the influences in my life are mostly anti- birth control, anti-depression pills. I just have alot of stresses in my life and nobody to really lean on except my pill-happy mother...

Post subject: Re: PMDD?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:12 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone - I have a very good friend who's been in hell with her periods for the past year and suspects PMDD as well. Sounds exactly like what you're talking about. She just got pregnant again and is so relieved that she won't be going through this for a while. It's of course always worth a shot to try some yoga, meditation, diet cleanup, but hormones can truly make you bananas and if there's a way to balance that with medication that can be a great option too in my opinion. Good luck!