| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: bisque and moan about chronic pain
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:29 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

lavawitch wrote:
I'm sorry you aren't being taken seriously, Moon. It's not right.

It's mostly me not taking myself seriously, unfortunately. And me convincing myself that I won't be taken seriously by anyone else. Ugh.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:42 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Holidays are so rough, you guys.

Usually for me Mondays are a bad day. I put this down to my husband being off work at the weekend, so I live a more "normal" life when he's around. This means eating more regularly throughout the day and going out more. Of course this is healthy in a sense but my body does not like extra food or activity. So I usually pay for it on Mondays.

Now, he's been off work for a week and a half and ugh. He eats breakfast lunch dinner and snacks every day, like a normal person. When he's at work I usually just eat snacks and dinner. I'm roughly maintaining my weight (go me!) so I must be eating enough but it's easier for me to just eat once. But when he's at home I eat more. I never eat breakfast but I may eat lunch when he's having his, snack more when he snacks, etc. Plus, when we're doing more, I get hungrier, and so I eat more, but my body doesn't like that.

I've spent the last week in leggings because my poor stomach is so bloated. I feel gross and painful. Lots of gross bathroom stuff. And because of all this I just can't do anything. Today we drove an hour to go on a walk and when we got there had to come back because I was in pain and not feeling well. It was a really pretty area too and I'm so disappointed.

I just am soooo tired of feeling gross. I want to be like normal people. You know, they go out for a big meal, lie on the sofa for an hour, and then are completely fine. Maybe they even go for a run to burn it off. My husband is pleased that I eat more when he's around because he says "You don't eat enough!" and it's true, I eat enough to maintain a borderline underweight weight. That isn't "eating too much" in any standards except mine because my stomach simply does not seem to be able to process that much food.

Even when we went on holiday to Brighton for my birthday there were SO MANY awesome food places I wanted to try but couldn't because i couldn't fit it all in. Most people would just eat extra while on holiday and put their belt up a notch. I physically couldn't, I felt bad enough as it was.

I need to somehow learn to let go of this envy of normal people. Sometimes I get so mad at people because they're healthy. Which isn't fair, but I don't know how to help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:24 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Vixki I totally feel you on needing to drop my envy of other people and their "normal" health/lives. Everyone has their stuff but why does our stuff have to impact our day-to-day abilities so much?

Gastrointestinal issues have been on and off for me the last few weeks and I'm hoping buckling down on my diet and trying to manage my stress will help. Certainly nothing like what you deal with but I'm not used to my stomach being a big problem for me and it is disheartening that it's doing this to me now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:29 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Here to bisque and moan because I feel like I don't have anyone to bisque and moan to and I feel so sick and in so much pain today and thankfully it is one of my days off work but apparently I'm not coping well and work has noticed and I'm not being pleasant and I feel bad because I am not pleasant and my trying so hard to not be a crasshole isn't working and I am feeling so let down by my body and ugh ugh ugh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:59 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It totally sucks not having the PPK so around to moan on, Moon! Sorry you're having a bad day :( it's natural to be unpleasant when you're in so much pain, though that doesn't help with the work situation I know. Do you have any help with your pain or sickness?

I guess I can bow out of this thread now. My GP informed me today that I don't actually have chronic pain, if there was anything wrong with me it would have been found by now, so if I start thinking I'm in pain I just need to take deep breaths and ignore it. She's not the first GP to say that so yeah that's it, end of the line for me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:10 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh Vixki, how awful. I'm sorry and I hope you get better help soon!

Many good thoughts to you Moon!

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:04 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Thanks Tofulish. I don't think I'm going to get any more help. She's the third GP I've seen this year, there are no more in my catchment area. And anyway, if everyone says that there's nothing wrong maybe I have to accept that? Maybe some people just hurt. Maybe I'm too sensitive.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Vixki, my RD recommended this book called Unlearn Your Pain to me. I haven't read it yet but she said it's been very helpful to her with her own chronic pain issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Unlearn-Your-Pai ... 0984336745

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:45 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

Moon, that sounds really hard. I hope you are feeling better and not beating yourself up.

Vixki, I have no words for the frustration I would be feeling if I were you. It's an awful situation. :-(