| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: this might be gross for some--used tampon talk
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I must be destroying several plumbing systems. I've never not thought about flushing a tampon...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:07 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I flush them, but it's because I don't care about the plumbing systems I'm destroying - my school, work, my last apt, even this house is temporary. I've heard some horror stories about some plugged up plumming being massive amounts of tampons, though, so I know it's not good to do.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:52 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I've seen the havoc wreaked by flushed tampons too many times. The boxes all say they're flushable, but consider what would happen if you started flushing paper towels. A few on rare occasions wouldn't be a big deal, but multiple ones in a day times multiple women using the same toilet = disaster.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:50 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

So I thought I would share a little bit of my TERRIBLE HORRIBLE NO GOOD VERY BAD DAY with you guys since it pertains perfectly to this post.

I woke up this morning and the smell of dog poop filled my whole apartment. Turns out, my little pug had some GI upset last night and shiitake all over the floor, the bed, the couch, even the wall (however that is possible). I spend an hour cleaning up the mess only to run out of trashbags. Instead of going to get more, like a decent human being, I decided in my frustration to grab a paper towel full of dog poop and throw it in my toilet.
of course
I flush it and it becomes very very clogged, something went wrong and the water started GUSHING out all over my floor... destroying all of my personal artifacts that I leave laying around. I eventually figure out how to turn off the water, but only after I accumulate about 8 gallons of shiitake water all over the hardwood of my apartment.
I sat down in the mess and had a nervous breakdown before calling my landlord downstairs. He comes up to help me plunge the toilet and after seeing the poop everywhere he was already im sure reconsidering his decision to allow my pug into my apartment in the first place.
He puts the crazy 10foot plunger snake thing into my toilet but first he lifts the seat (which I, of course, never do unless I am cleaning) only to reveal..
THE SAME SAID JACKSON POLLOCK-ESQUE PAINTING TAMPON SLING SKID MARKS THAT WE WERE JUST DISCUSSING.
I about head a heart attack. I was totally mortified.
I guess I hadnt checked when I finished my rag day before yesterday and for some reason this months were WAYYYYY worse than usual.

damn today.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:58 pm 

Worst.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:04 pm 
Chard Martyr

Always move the string to avoid the pee stream, always flush the tampon.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:13 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

hailseitan wrote:
So I thought I would share a little bit of my TERRIBLE HORRIBLE NO GOOD VERY BAD DAY with you guys since it pertains perfectly to this post.

I woke up this morning and the smell of dog poop filled my whole apartment. Turns out, my little pug had some GI upset last night and shiitake all over the floor, the bed, the couch, even the wall (however that is possible). I spend an hour cleaning up the mess only to run out of trashbags. Instead of going to get more, like a decent human being, I decided in my frustration to grab a paper towel full of dog poop and throw it in my toilet.
of course
I flush it and it becomes very very clogged, something went wrong and the water started GUSHING out all over my floor... destroying all of my personal artifacts that I leave laying around. I eventually figure out how to turn off the water, but only after I accumulate about 8 gallons of shiitake water all over the hardwood of my apartment.
I sat down in the mess and had a nervous breakdown before calling my landlord downstairs. He comes up to help me plunge the toilet and after seeing the poop everywhere he was already im sure reconsidering his decision to allow my pug into my apartment in the first place.
He puts the crazy 10foot plunger snake thing into my toilet but first he lifts the seat (which I, of course, never do unless I am cleaning) only to reveal..
THE SAME SAID JACKSON POLLOCK-ESQUE PAINTING TAMPON SLING SKID MARKS THAT WE WERE JUST DISCUSSING.
I about head a heart attack. I was totally mortified.
I guess I hadnt checked when I finished my rag day before yesterday and for some reason this months were WAYYYYY worse than usual.

damn today.

Want a cookie? You deserve a cookie. Here, take the whole damn box.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:02 pm 
Santa is a WELFARIST!

^ ohhhhhhhhh sad. That reminds me of when my landlord(/slumlord) came over to show our house to someone as we were moving out. He shows the lady the whole house including the bathroom. Well I guess I was in a hurry and didn't look after I flushed but after they left I noticed there a little floater turd still in the toilet...I was pretty mortified.
ENJOY MY TINY DEERPOOP HORRIBLE LANDLORD!
/threadjack

Anyhoo I'm pretty sure you can flush the O.B. type tampons, I swear mine says it on the box. I have anyway ever since I had a roommate with a very very nosy (and disgusting) dog.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:14 pm 

They're made of cotton and rayon, so nothing magical is going on to make them not clog a drain. Every tampon can be flushed, but that doesn't mean they should be!

I found this while looking for whether or not they're biodegradable

Quote:
Plumbers have their own favorite term for flushed tampons: the red rat. Tampon clogs bring them lots of business, so much business that I'm sure that there's a bass boat named "Red Rat" in every state of the union.

Tampons who like to stay close to home will clog your toilet. Adventurous tampons will travel on to clog up your municipal waste system. A few bright shining stars will start out to sea only to be washed up on a public beach, where someone's toddler will light up with glee because Mommy! I founded a mouse with a red nose!

99.8% of tampons are made of non-biodegradable material, and they have to go somewhere after you flush them. If you're unlucky, or you have older pipes, they'll clog up the works. If they don't, they'll move on, but they'll turn up somewhere else.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:29 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I'm sure I was taught to bin tampons, or just assumed that was what you did from being used to pads.
My boyfriend lives with two women and has no bin in his bathroom- I'm slightly curious as to what they do. They don't seem to type to use re-usables. I was visiting once and saw what I think was a pad rolled up in its wrapping, inside the cardboard tube from a toilet roll, pushed down beside the radiator. When I went back a week later, it was still there! It's gone now though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:53 pm 
Santa is a WELFARIST!

Ugh I'm always horrified when I remember people use pads. I mean they have their place for somethings I guess (post babies, surgeries, etc) but they are really just little diapers. Little menstrual diapers. :(

(sorry in advance if that's what you use)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:02 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

hahah so many good horror stories here

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:50 pm 

Muffin-Tuffin wrote:
Ugh I'm always horrified when I remember people use pads. I mean they have their place for somethings I guess (post babies, surgeries, etc) but they are really just little diapers. Little menstrual diapers. :(

(sorry in advance if that's what you use)

What, are they less sophisticated than stuffing a piece of cotton or a cup of up your vag?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:49 pm 
Santa is a WELFARIST!

I don't know! Not really...there is just something about them that I don't like. I like that area to be clean, and for some reason pads seem...not. *shrug*

I am weird, sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:20 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Blood messes are fun! Especially when you're able to play "murderer in the shower" with your full menstrual cup. Alone or with friends! (more screaming involved with friends)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:22 pm 

Muffin-Tuffin wrote:
I don't know! Not really...there is just something about them that I don't like. I like that area to be clean, and for some reason pads seem...not. *shrug*

I am weird, sorry.

I know how you feel about pads, it's like a bath to me- you're just sitting in your waste. With tampons or cups at least it's contained inside your body with as little outside contact as possible.
They have their place though, and I don't think any less of people who use them (it's just personal preference).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:33 pm 
Human Gravy

I too am a pre-sit remover, as well as a flusher. I buy the organic cotton pons at TJs, so I assume they are as safe to flush as tp.

I remember one time, when I still used pads, my mom was really disturbed because somehow I dripped blood on the floor. I wanted to blame the drippage on run off from the unsticking process. I feel like in general pads are so much more messy and make a lot more waste than tampons.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:39 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

j-dub wrote:
You know what's even grosser? When the pee-string gets caught in your butt crack while wiping and then you have to root around your crack for a wet string. I haven't used a tampon in years and I still have nightmares about that.

THIS IS WHY I LOVE CUPS. Seriously, I don't miss that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:45 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Adah wrote:

Amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:47 pm 
Saggy Butt

monkeytoes wrote:
j-dub wrote:
Fee wrote:
I never thought of standing to remove them, but I'm gonna try from now on because I've had one too many episodes where I've peed and then thought about removing my tampon and then I'm just grabbing onto a peas string and that's even grosser than everything else going on.

You know what's even grosser? When the pee-string gets caught in your butt crack while wiping and then you have to root around your crack for a wet string. I haven't used a tampon in years and I still have nightmares about that.

Oh yes. I'm a very conscientous tucker. Move the string forward and tuck it into your bikini line (when you sit to pee, I mean.) You never have to grab a peed on string that way.

oh my god! you can move the string! it seems so obvious now, how have i never thought of this before? in any case, my life is forever improved -- thank you monkeytoes!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:51 pm 
Dildo Queen

Veglicious wrote:
j-dub wrote:

THIS IS WHY I LOVE CUPS. Seriously, I don't miss that.

ooh. i never experienced this, but i remember having to peas but only having JUST put in a new tampon...so yeah i'd try and hold the string out of the way but it just wasn't working out for me. i'd always think about all the bacteria collecting on the string and then horrible growths emerging and just...blah

OH MY GOD what the fizzle is that lysol ad?!?! whaaaaaa

why :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:00 pm 
Saggy Butt

kibbles wrote:
Blood messes are fun! Especially when you're able to play "murderer in the shower" with your full menstrual cup. Alone or with friends! (more screaming involved with friends)

ha...hahaha. i play this by myself but it never seemed as funny as you just made it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:09 pm 
Saggy Butt

chimrichalds wrote:
kibbles wrote:

ha...hahaha. i play this by myself but it never seemed as funny as you just made it.

i have no intention of ever playing with my menstrual fluid.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:25 pm 

Veglicious wrote:
Adah wrote:

Amazing.

LYSOL?!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:33 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

Lysol keeps your vagina squeaky clean! And it's vegan!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next