| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: The poop thread!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:22 pm 
Chip Strong

Who's going to post their bristol stool scale!!? I think I'm usually a 4, though the picture made it look really small.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:27 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

You know what I like most about being vegan? Walking into a multi-stall bathroom while someone is already in there (obviously trying to muffle their straining) and laying serious tracks in the time it took them to roll out some toilet paper. High fiber diet, suckas!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:33 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Discount wrote:
You know what I like most about being vegan? Walking into a multi-stall bathroom while someone is already in there (obviously trying to muffle their straining) and laying serious tracks in the time it took them to roll out some toilet paper. High fiber diet, suckas!

Yessss. When I have to do the number two, It takes 2 minutes tops and then I'm out and about again, light as a feather. While my father and sister for example does 30 minute-sessions on the toilet. My sister is on a LCHF diet, heh.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:34 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

ScooterDiva wrote:
Did I post this on the old boards? If so, I'm sorry. I have a terrible memory.

Anyway, in college I lived in a dorm and we had public bathrooms. I did (and still do) have pooping in public phobia, so I would poop at night when everyone else was asleep and the bathrooms were empty. Well, my roommate and friends caught on, and one night they full on accosted me when I was doing my thing by spraying cans of air freshener under the stall - while I was in there. So.not.funny. I can laugh about it now but my then-fragile self was mortified. After that I made poop trips to the library to use the private bathroom.

I'm also afraid of pooping in public bathrooms. If that happened to me, I would probably sulk and transfer to another school. Actually, I specifically applied to colleges that don't have communal bathrooms, because I just know I wouldn't do well there. My roommate has Crohn's, and the poor thing sometimes spends long amounts of time in the bathroom, so if my urge to poop ever intersects with that time, I go down to my apartment building's normally empty, always clean bathrooms in the lobby. I always get scared someone will walk in, and sometimes that's happened right near the end, but I guess the good thing is that I'm apparently the fastest pooper ever. Seriously, I don't get how people can sit and READ on the toilet. I just sit down, poop, and I'm done. And for some reason, my poop has been different lately, possibly because I'm taking iron supplements now. They're, like, nearly a foot long (Bristol's type 4, if you MUST know). You're welcome for the details.

Can I just say that I love having a place to openly discuss poop?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:38 am 
Semen Strong

Supposedly sitting for a long time ups your risk of hemorrhoids, so you're better off waiting until you really need to go and then speedpooping.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:36 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

It's been almost 36 hours without! Whhhyyyy??? My insides are hurty from this. Mebbe tonight?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:37 pm 
Semen Strong

Get your prunes on!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:30 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Tofulish wrote:
Get your prunes on!

I'm bringing prunes back (yeah!)
you poop-free vegans don't know how to act (yeah!)
I think it's special what's behind your back (yeah!)
So let the dried fruit pick up your slack
(take it to the bridge!)

Hurty 'gig
You see these dried plums, baby, they can save
I'll eat my words if they don't clear the way
It's just that no vegan should feel this pain
(take it to the chorus!)

Come here prunes
(Go 'head be gone with it)
Come to the back
VIP!
Metamucil's on me

Get your fiber on.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:04 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:52 pm 
Like Anal, But Backwards

Don't you just love the sound of a poop hitting another poop?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:28 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Ohmygosh, a poop thread. I think I'm home.

Every morning, sometimes twice, but always in the morning, always under 3 minutes. Since going vegan I've never even thought of eating nasty +fiber cereals like I did before! Seriously, I used to eat a bowl of store-brand Fiber One every morning, and it was disgusting.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:13 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

So, when does the vegan finally decide to suck it up and go for the laxatives and fiber replacements?

I mean, when I did ETL my poops were just as expected, daily awesomeness, but my usual vegan diet with only a few good salads weekly puts me at my usual 2-3 days between poops. I like to make and eat salads frequently, and I eat greens frequently, but GUH! Seriously. Plenty of omnis go waaaay more than me (I don't wait and strain though) and I eat way more fiber than the average (just not ETL levels), but no...I will have to wait 2-3 days, I will be gassy and bloated. I guess its not so bad. As an omni teenager, I hadn't realized that 5 days was actually quite abnormal. My mom is the same, so its a genetic thing. We were both constipated on vaycation together. I got to learn about all the Croatian constipation remedies (Donat water- mag citrate mineral water; slightly fermented grape juice; I abstained from the left-out milk, but I suppose my soymilk was unrefrigerated for a day). I eventually took my mom's emergency stash of lax powder, but it didn't do its job til I landed in the US. I was there 2 weeks and think I only had one good poo, and maybe 2-3 feeble attempts at poos.

Anyway, I now sucked it up and got smooth move tea for the worse days and might just take psyllium powder every day instead of when it seems its been too long. I feel like I'm a shamed vegan though. Prunes weren't cutting it. I tried!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:20 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

1. Are you drinking enough fluids?
2. Have you ever tried daily probiotics for a few weeks?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:22 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i notice that even though i eat a lot of fiber, every once in a while i need some help (right before period, when I fly, if i'm under stress and NOT squirting, or taking meds). in these cases i'll eat some more dried fruit or peaches with skins, or all bran cereal (which for me is like crack). Or even better, make mug oatmeal cookies with half oats and half oat bran. i have some senna in the herb cabinet for emergencies but have never used it (it sort of scares me, anyway.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:23 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

lycophyte wrote:
So, when does the vegan finally decide to suck it up and go for the laxatives and fiber replacements?

I mean, when I did ETL my poops were just as expected, daily awesomeness, but my usual vegan diet with only a few good salads weekly puts me at my usual 2-3 days between poops. I like to make and eat salads frequently, and I eat greens frequently, but GUH! Seriously. Plenty of omnis go waaaay more than me (I don't wait and strain though) and I eat way more fiber than the average (just not ETL levels), but no...I will have to wait 2-3 days, I will be gassy and bloated. I guess its not so bad. As an omni teenager, I hadn't realized that 5 days was actually quite abnormal. My mom is the same, so its a genetic thing. We were both constipated on vaycation together. I got to learn about all the Croatian constipation remedies (Donat water- mag citrate mineral water; slightly fermented grape juice; I abstained from the left-out milk, but I suppose my soymilk was unrefrigerated for a day). I eventually took my mom's emergency stash of lax powder, but it didn't do its job til I landed in the US. I was there 2 weeks and think I only had one good poo, and maybe 2-3 feeble attempts at poos.

Anyway, I now sucked it up and got smooth move tea for the worse days and might just take psyllium powder every day instead of when it seems its been too long. I feel like I'm a shamed vegan though. Prunes weren't cutting it. I tried!

I take psyllium capsules every day. Or put some right in my smoothies if I'm doing breakfast smoothies. It has additional health benefits and can help lower cholesterol too. You just have to make sure you drink a ton of water on a daily basis otherwise it will have the opposite effect. It is a soluble fiber, so you need to make sure it moves through you with water. Which results in a ton of peeing, but nice healthy # 4 poos! Plus all of the additional fiber from fruit, veggies, whole grains, and beans helps too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:54 am 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

I have probiotics but don't take them daily daily...just when I think about it when I'm feeling more excited about taking pills. I always think I should drink more water but I know I drink more water than most people. I don't go anywhere without my water, though i'm less obsessive about counting how much nowadays (like when I was working physically in the heat). I have a huge cup at home (almost a liter sized) and I tend to drink at least 2 in the evenings, plus 2-3 water bottles full @ work (20oz?). Maybe some of my meds are drying me out.

And my period and apparently flying also affect it. I've been doing the psyllium a little more often and its actually "going" well for the last few days. Maybe I'm..uh...getting over the backlog. Ok, I'm going to keep up with the psyillium more often.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:37 am 
WRETCHED

I'm taking medication that makes me either constipated or causes diarrhea. Lovely. Anyway, I'll share this with you guys but I've never had constipation but recently had some and there was a lot of blood and I was in pain for a couple days. So now I'm eating prunes daily and hoping the medication doesn't move to it's alternate phase of diarrhea.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:11 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

A good dose of vitamin C can help get things moving. Try taking it at bedtime.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:44 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I need to up my raw food intake, so far I'm only having a large salad most days for lunch, but it's not enough for satisfying poos. I noticed that eating porridge for breakfast also helped, as well as running. I usually go once a day in the morning, and sometimes a little bit during the day (but then it's more like a solid fart than a real poop). Pre- and post- period poops are not good, and gluten bloats me and stops the stuff from moving.

I remember when I was not vegan I would always eat the same breakfast every day at the same time (tea with lemon juice, 3 fiber cookies, a yogurth and a glass of fresh orange juice) and I was like a machine, by the time I had finished the last drop of tea I would head out to the toilet. It amazed my ex.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:40 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I heard on Dr. Oz (I think) that as soon as you start eating something it triggers your body to poo. Which makes sense cause you are putting more stuff in which means your body needs to make room and push stuff out. He also said that most people ignore that feeling and don't go or try to go the bathroom when they should and that just makes it worse.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:01 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I love the poop thread! <3

Does anybody else have a specific time for their poos?

I poo between 5:45 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. As long as I'm up and about at that time, I get it all out and I'm done until the next morning.

If I miss my "morning time window" by sleeping in, either I poo several times late in the afternoon (which is annoying and somehow messier), or I have to wait until the next morning (which is not good as it makes me feel nasty all day.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:17 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I used to be pretty darn regular, but am currently not. Which is annoying. Also, I poo'd ALL FREAKING DAY. (by which I mean almost every single time I went to the bathroom today). I think it's because I gave blood yesterday AND got my period today. I usually have 'clean out' poos when my period starts, but this was particularly exacerbated.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:18 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I agree on the "morning time window"! I usually go right after breakfast during the week, but on the weekend I sleep longer and after 9am I don't go anymore, apart from small poos in the afternoon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:08 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:18 pm 
Like Anal, But Backwards

I pooped twice today. Once a solid block, the second time it was more nugget-y.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next