| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: The poop thread!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:52 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I just had a sudden attack of unhappy poops, and discovered we are out of pepto bismol. Very sad times.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:31 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

do you happen to have carob? it's awesome for diarrhea (which makes up for it sucking for everything else)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:01 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I don't! I never really liked carob. I guess I should get some for situations such as this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:22 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

it's good for seriously dangerous diarrhea. but apples and black tea are probably just as helpful.

i have just been doing some thinking and realized i have been #6 on the bristol scale for ... months? years? as long as i can remember? i wonder if i should be concerned. my doctor seemed pleasantly surprised that i even poop every day when she asked, she said most people are constipated and that was that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:27 pm 
Dildo Queen

i poop like 2-3 times daily

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:28 pm 
Dildo Queen

the best ones are usually morning poops because theyre like a single poop, 12 inches long. fabulous

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:40 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
White wine, hummus, dancing, and cake seem to have blended together today to form jet fueled muddy mush shot out of a shotgun. Its times like this that I really appreciate being single and having my own bathroom.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:27 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I didn't poop at all yesterday because I was still blocked up from taking codeine. Today, I haven't had any codeine, and I've just started my period, which always makes me need to poop. So I was just stuck in the bathroom at work for about 10 minutes trying to get a monster poo to flush. In the end, I had to use the toilet brush to break it up because it was just sitting there mocking me (after about 5 flushes).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:19 pm 
Chip Strong

That is impressive, rachell.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:23 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Last weekend, the friend of our friends told us that she still wipes her daughters butt after her poops - the girl will sit on the toilet, yelling for her mum until she comes and wipes her behind. The girl is 11! "I only do it because she is grossed out by poop".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:05 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I've started myself on a Metamucil regimen to lower my cholesterol, and that stuff has me poopooing like crazy. I thought I could handle more fiber since I already eat a ton already, but damn I wasn't fully prepared for this. It's all normal poops and no diarrhea, but just very frequent.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:20 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Just started using Vega smoothie infusion packs daily in my smoothie. Man, for the past few days I have been a pooing machine! Guess I am kind of cleaning out my system, it's pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:27 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

jerusha wrote:
Last weekend, the friend of our friends told us that she still wipes her daughters butt after her poops - the girl will sit on the toilet, yelling for her mum until she comes and wipes her behind. The girl is 11! "I only do it because she is grossed out by poop".

I tell you, i have not wiped anyone's asparagus for the last 7 years and if i never wipe another asparagus, it will be TOO SOON.

(i cannot imagine my able-bodied 12yo asking for help.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:39 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

jerusha wrote:

That's freaking ridiculous. What has this girl been taught to make her repulsed by her own poop?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:43 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

jerusha wrote:

I very clearly remember being told when I was 4 or 5 being told I needed to learn to wipe my butt before going to school or else everyone would make fun of me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

ndpittman wrote:
jerusha wrote:

I very clearly remember being told when I was 4 or 5 being told I needed to learn to wipe my butt before going to school or else everyone would make fun of me.

Yes, does the eleven year old never have to poo in places where she doesn't have her mother? Or where shouting for her mother would be embarrassing?
Actually, I suppose kids can have pretty amazing powers of not-pooing-in-places-where-they-don't-feel-comfortable.
I hope the girl feels more comfortable with doing it soon. Or at least before she moves out!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:06 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i was just thinking "how does she survive in school" and then realized that I don't think I pooped in a place that was not my home til i was maybe 25. so i guess i'll stop being judgmental.....
and +1 to not cool making the kid get grossed out by her own body. I grew up like that and it was no fun.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:27 pm 

Or you end up with stories like the one about my brother in a restaurant yelling from the bathroom, "Mom! Come wipe my butt!" (In his defense, he was 3 or 4 at that point.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:53 pm 

ndpittman wrote:
jerusha wrote:

Same!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:11 pm 

Does anyone else ever have steaming poop?

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:35 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

when it's really cold, you bet!! it's the sign that your thermostat is set just right in winter!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:42 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Okay guys, I'm gonna be really foul here I'm sorry.
My poop routine is RIDICULOUS. I'll not go for days or up to a week at a time. The only definitive way that gets a poop out of me is after I binge eat.
Which is really bad, because I don't want this aspect of my disordered eating to be the only way to get my guts moving. I do suspect this has something to do with it, however I had constipation for a year or two prior to these issues, so I don't think its entirely to do with it.
I'll go ALL AT ONCE. like 4 days worth of poop in one sitting. It's painful. And often blocks the toilet. (the actual poop itself, not toilet paper 0______o). I'm quite petite, yet I think I could out poop an elephant at these times.
I've spoken to people and the feedback I get is... your eating TOO MUCH fibre. Or quite the Opposite... NOT ENOUGH fibre.
I don't actually know what to do, It's been like this for quite some time now. Went to a dietician who suggested golden linseed, but that did nothing.

Can anyone else relate or help???
It's actually been a good couple of years since I've had a good routine, I thought being vegan would have meant epic poos.
(I'm on my 4th year of being vegan)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:13 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

#1- foul is what we are ALL ABOUT here, my dear!

#2- how *is* your fiber intake? what happens to you when you eat a huge thing of kale chips or a few apples or something similarly fibrous? is it better or worse? i know for me, even years into veganism, I continued to be constipated until i started really actively upping my fiber intake (and i ate what i thought was plenty of fiber) and cutting down my white flour intake AND my gluten (like seitan) intake.

#3 what about "stimulants"? everybody has their own- could be coffee, beer, whatever makes you go. i would go with beer, personally. i think this thread has plenty of people's tried-and-true techniques....

#4 exercise is another way to get things moving- might be a healthier option to look into.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:26 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Torque - This might be a silly and repeated question, but do you drink enough water? I would definitely talk to your doctor, and get a prescription for a good stool softener or laxative. And coffee is actually what makes me go every morning!

Also, do you take any pain meds? Those are notorious for causing constipation. Anyway, your constipation sounds serious and I would definitely get it checked out!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:47 pm 

torque wrote:
when it's really cold, you bet!! it's the sign that your thermostat is set just right in winter!

Well, I can see my breath in our bathroom sometimes too...

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 24  Next