| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: The poop thread!
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:01 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

No one that I'd want to tell about this would be able to bring me anything, unfortunately, and the closest place to get some would just be my apartment. Feeling super awkward right now. But I'm less worried about free-balling (need a female version of this) than I am about it happening again before I can be done with my day.

I was feeling pretty stressed this morning, and I do get yucky guts with my anxiety. This non-digested food thing is a first, though.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:06 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Free-foofing.

I had the non-digested food thing after noodles, I nearly had a conniption, I thought I had huge worms!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:24 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Mine was Beyond Meat chicken strips from fajitas last night. I was like, 'Whaaaat is this shreddy stuff?'

/tmi

I like free-foofing. Free-muffing? Free-lipping? ha.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:15 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

allularpunk wrote:
Mine was Beyond Meat chicken strips from fajitas last night. I was like, 'Whaaaat is this shreddy stuff?'

/tmi

Well, it is the poop thread, after all.

Quote:
I like free-foofing. Free-muffing? Free-lipping? ha.

Haha yeah I was thinking free-lipping too. Free-cooching? Free-snatching?

Hope you're feeling better today!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:10 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

It didn't happen anymore yesterday and I am feeling better today, thanks! My period started this morning, so maybe it had something to do with that. My body never does the same thing with pms, so it's entirely possible.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:16 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

fezza wrote:
Free-foofing.

I had the non-digested food thing after noodles, I nearly had a conniption, I thought I had huge worms!

Ok, I totally did a snorty laugh.

Now I loving that I can eat so much fruit these days but I'm not overly impressed having to take senokot regularly. I feel like an old lady. A pregnant old lady at that because every few days I get a big bloated belly because I haven't pooped.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:22 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Oh man. I've been seriously backed up for about a week, with just the lamest, littlest poops ever since. This is definitely not the norm. The worst part is I have been so uncomfortably full that I haven't really been able to eat anything, and we have a ton of tasty leftovers in the house. Now I'm worried to eat any of them in case something stops me up again.

I had planned on doing some cleaning and running around town with Fred today, but I was so forking uncomfortable I could barely get off the couch. I laid around in agony for a while, drank about 4 Nalgenes full of water, and did a 60 minute yoga video that focused on twists & detoxifying before dragging my asparagus to the store. I grabbed some senna tea, prunes, unfiltered apple juice and a ton of fruit & veg. Finally something must have worked, because the floodgates have opened. It's not terribly satisfying (mostly undigested food mixed with water), but I'm so incredibly glad to have some of this shiitake out of my body.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:57 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Someone in my town called 911 today because they were "having trouble with their bowel movements". I have been wondering all day what sort of poop issue would warrant a 911 call.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:38 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Someone in my town called 911 today because they were "having trouble with their bowel movements". I have been wondering all day what sort of poop issue would warrant a 911 call.

I didn't poop once for eleven days and I could barely move without agonising pain. I can totally see that being legit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:09 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i was staying at a cabin away from anyplace where I was told the toilet was "iffy". I just couldn't bring myself to use 6 buckets of water and then go turd fishing so i thought, meh, i can hold on for a few days.
Note to self- vegan food + holding on = HAHAHAHAHAHA . Suffice to say I just went and got the goddamn buckets.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:11 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

So, I'll be staying in a youth hostel for a few days with my partner soon. At night we'll have toilets, running water (and cooking facilities; we'll have breakfast and evening meal there) but during the day we'll be going out on walks so will probably not be near toilets. I like to pretend that poo does not exist; I've never discussed or admitted to pooing with this guy and I'd like to keep it that way.
Any tips for scheduling bowel movements in the early morning and late evening? I suppose ideally I'd keep a food, exercise and bowel diary and try and work out a pattern, but I've only got a couple of weeks.

I suppose getting up and having breakfast first thing will help, and maybe bringing soluble vitamin C tablets and taking one of those with it to try and get things cleared out before we leave. Breakfast will probably be oats soaked overnight in soya milk, but could be cereal (i.e. cornflakes, rice crispies type thing)
During the day I'm likely to eat a lot of bananas- I find them nice and easy to digest when walking and I like the fact they come with their own wrapping and can be eaten without touching the bit you eat as I have odd germ issues. I know bananas are supposed to be constipating so hopefully they'll help stop me needing to go during the day? Will also have sandwiches and probably chocolate.
Then dinners, since weight isn't an issue I'll go for easy to prepare things like pasta & jarred sauce & tinned chickpeas. I don't know whether it would be best to go high fibre for fast transit so morning poo or whether that (high fibre dinner) will be likely to make me need to go in the middle of the day.
I'll drink lots of water in the evening which should help.

Any helpful hints, PPKers?

(I will bring wet wipes, plastic bags and possibly a trowel in case of emergency.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:42 am 
Frees Bunny Slippers

I still fondly remember how drastically my BM's improved when I went from veggie to vegan. It's a wonderful way to start the day! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:34 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

It always amazes me like how ridiculously massive my son's poos are. Like... how does all that fit inside him??

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Did you know that sorbitol is both a food sweetener *and* a prescription laxative? I found this out after eating some iced buns with sorbitol in and 30 minutes later wondering what the hell I'd put in my body to make it do such awful things.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:48 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

torque wrote:
i was staying at a cabin away from anyplace where I was told the toilet was "iffy". I just couldn't bring myself to use 6 buckets of water and then go turd fishing so i thought, meh, i can hold on for a few days.
Note to self- vegan food + holding on = HAHAHAHAHAHA . Suffice to say I just went and got the goddamn buckets.

I would've just pooped outside. Anything but turd fishing.

Although now that I think about it, the one time I had to shiitake in the woods was one of the worst pooping experiences of my life.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:10 am 
Seagull of the PPK

SORBITOL! isn't that the root of that sugar free gummy bear thing?

@MBM, the pooping in the woods would have been fine, but the thing was, even though we were way the fork out in the middle of nowhere, there were actually a lot of people around (roads nearby with a surprising amount of foot and bike traffic) and looooots of dogs, ponies, cows, horses, ducks, chickens, gooses, etc on the property that love to follow you around [maybe in the hopes that you'll take a dump and they can roll in it, knowing my animals]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:52 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Does anyone else get the shiitakes whenever it's really hot out? Ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:15 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I was visiting with a friend today and very (VERY) suddenly needed to poo badly. We have the sort of relationship where I simply said "holy moly I gotta poo so bad for some reason!"

Then I went and I nearly called her in the bathroom because that thing was nearly a foot long. No wonder it came on so bad.

I blame corn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:26 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I had horrible constipation for months. It's been slowly but surely getting better until THIS MORNING when I had one that was the length of my middle-finger-tip to my elbow. About an inch wide. No breakage. Super duper proud of my butt right now - seriously, I couldn't stop talking about it all morning.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:58 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

How annoying is it when you finish wiping your asparagus and then ALONG COMES ANOTHER POOP?

SO ANNOYING.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:33 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

As annoying as it is giggle-worthy with the filter!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:01 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I've been constipated for like a week. UGH! it's so annoying. Yesterday it was making me so cranky and nauseous that I had to go to bed early. Well, i just ate a lot of prunes, so let's see what happens! I'm hoping for the best. This isn't normal for me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:37 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Hope those prunes help, idji!

I'm having the opposite problem lately. I don't know if I've managed to get a touch of IBS or what, but I'm pooping so much. Like 4 times between waking up and 11am. The first one is usually normal, but they get looser and more urgent as they increase in number. I'm mostly blaming my new schedule and job stress. Today was the first time in two weeks that I only went twice before lunch. I mean, it's whatever, I guess, but it's annoying when it's so urgent that I have to drop everything to go. Plus my tender bits are feeling a little ouchy.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:40 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I hope you both feel better soon :-)

π

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:41 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

AP, totally sounds like job stress poo to me! Hopefully it gets better the more you settle in.

And good luck, IJDI. For the record, I love prunes and am now jealous that you got to eat some and we have none.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next