| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ouch - the gyno edition
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:48 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

The other day the gyno I saw was in such a rush to do a pap on me that when she pulled out the clamp she pulled out a chunk of my pubes...

Anything 'fun' happen to you at the gyno lately?

Post subject: Re: ouch - the gyno edition
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:05 am 
Semen Strong

YOUCH!!!!!!

Thank goodness no! My midwife does my ob/gyn exams and is incredibly gentle and patient.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:37 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

This is one reason I'm looking for a new doc before this year's exam. She always seems to be in a hurry and not care about things she may know are not a big deal, but that scare me and I need to be given information or reassurance about. But the last time I was there takes the cake. I request to see the nurse practitioner for most of my appointments because she is a sweet older lady who takes her time and cares about me it seems, but she is not authorized to put in an iud, so I saw the doctor.

I was there because my iud was coming out- I noticed because I could feel it there, so there was no question, plus I was bleeding for no other reason. The nurse took it out and I was to come back later in the week and get a new one. I asked for painkillers from the doctor because it was the worst pain I ever felt the first time. She insisted it wouldn't hurt that bad, and didn't give me anything. It was actually way worse the second time, and I could not handle it at all. Sweat poured out of me and I basically sat in the chair and sobbed and sweated, until I threw up and then had to run to the bathroom for some other problems. She came into the bathroom and tried to get me to calm down, but I was calmer than I had been and it was still killing me. She then took it out, because she thought something was wrong if it hurt that bad. She seemed to think I was lying or something or exaggerating.

The nurse practitioner came in and got me a wheelchair to take me down to the waiting room until my boyfriend got there to pick me up. He felt so bad he wasnt there for me, but he had a meeting at work at the time. I just wanted it to be over, but I was in agony the rest of the day. The doc was like, go to the emergency room later if you need painkillers. Um, can't you tell that would be helpful lady?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:53 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Yeah, the last time I was there the doctor I saw was so rude and condescending I wouldn't even let her examine me. F that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:23 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry vegetable assassin! That is the worst story I think I've ever heard about an IUD insertion. I can't believe she wouldn't give you anything for the pain.

I seriously never had a gyno that I liked until I found the midwife-MD practice that I am with now. I am very sad that they don't take our new insurance, because sometimes I think most OBs don't even begin to understand that women feel pain.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:27 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

These stories suck, I'm sorry you guys. I feel very lucky to get my yearly smear test done by an awesome (and newly vegan) nurse, we usually talk about food!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:53 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

These stories suck...:(

I was hoping this new gyno would be rad, the last one I saw who inserted my IUD was cool, they rotate. After going in one week and having them tell me they overbooked and to come back in a week (um, it's 40 minutes away, they could have called)...I came in hoping to get a pap to put my fears at ease. Last doc said bad cells were found. The nurse practitioner & doc this time around gave me conflicting stories. I was told it was likely not HPV but then I was given a HPV pamphlet. Also instead of giving me a breast exam - they gave me a sheet on breast health...

I just want to know if my vagina is healthy or not...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:19 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

missmuffcake, that sounds frustrating. You did your part, going to the doctor, now they do theirs, analyse the results, right?

As for me, luckily my nurse practitioner is really sweet and a great lady, so I ask for her and make appointments with her for my annual and most other things I ever need.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:45 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

In my experience, lady gynos suck. They're not gentle or empathetic like you'd think. Male gynos take their time and warm up the instruments. I know this thread is from January, but I'm just now reading it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:59 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I haven't been in years because on my first and only smear I had to repeatedly cough for her because she couldn't get whatever it was she needed and it was utterly humiliating not to mention painful. It took ages and I bled after, it was just so painful.