| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: recovery time
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:28 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

i know each body is different butttt....how long should it take to recover from the flu?

my boyfriend bought home a bug, i got it 2 days later and we proceeded to spend the next week in bed, not eating, coughing, tired, achy, all around out of it. we went to the doctor, i was told to go to the er (doc said to go because my heart was beating fast and i had not popped in a few days*) i did not go, i just went home and slept.

while we are getting back into the swing of things i still am so tired, i mean i wake up, do a few things and go back to bed. i am a pretty active person so this sucks. also everything tastes horrible. things i love like peanut butter and coffee - i barely can finish. my appetite is 0. my stomach could remain empty and i would not notice.

i have not been this sick in like forever, since i had my mom to care for me... :(

*my heart was beating fast due to nerves. i had not pooped in days because i am not a daily pooper and i had not eaten in a 2 days. i do not have extra $$$ for blood work and stuff that seems like a dumb idea. this doctor was just not wanting to treat me...he gave my boyfriend cough meds and sent him home.

Post subject: Re: recovery time
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:42 am 
WRETCHED

Well I'll say it probably isn't the flu but something else (or not a common strain of the flu). It took me a few months to recover from what I suspect was whooping cough. So I'd say let your body rest, make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids and try some brothy things for food. I like Amy's no chicken noodle when I don't feel well.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:15 am 
WELFARIST!

Mono can feel like the flu in the beginning, too. (But I've also had flus that took 2-3 weeks to recover from, because of stressful situations and poor immune response. Or strong flus. At the time, my dr. said that long bug was going around. Or maybe all of her patients were as stressed out as I was. ;)

Anyway, I hope you recover soon!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:25 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

i looked up the symptoms of mono - because boyfriend had a coworker who had it. not the same.

doctor did check our throats, nods and everything. he said it looked like the flu. also a friend we ran into said she had the same thing - all the same symptoms and went to the doctor - it was the flu. i think it is just a nasty case that hit the area.

my boyfriend was shopping for music/dvds - the next day he comes home not feeling well. he never (which now has changed) washes his hands before dinner, he must of picked something up off a used dvd and transferred it via his dinner into his system. i told him from now on, he washes his damn hands before dinner and he has to use sanitizer.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:07 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

seriously, one of our employees just took almost three weeks to get over the flu. This is a guy who is in great shape, works actively in fresh air, and almost never gets sick, and certainly never milks it. We were really, really worried, and when he finally came back he looked like he had been through the wringer. Apparently there is extra bad flu out there.

PS hope you feel better soon!!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:55 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

i am finally feeling better! woo hoo!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:33 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

It's normal to feel like crepe for weeks after the flu. I'm glad you're better now!